Page 9 of 32 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Just thought about it..what does this mean to the Dr. DOOM solo book ??

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    means its most likely done.... anything that is not Miles is most likely going to end

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by PSJ View Post
    means its most likely done.... anything that is not Miles is most likely going to end
    We'll that's terrible news..wish it was written by anyone but Bendis. What a shame.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    It was already over. Issue #12 was the end.

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

Kind of happy about this no matter the damage it does to Marvel comics. Now someone can make Riri compelling.

Is Disney about to let go of Marvel comics though? So many creators have been jumping ship and it has me scratching my head. Like stop the bleeding please

Spectacular Member

Not a big deal. Dont like Bendis' writing anymore. I used to be a Bendis fan/defender back in his Avengers run. But then, he lost me on GotG.

X-mas has come early!

Ok, Marvel, the first thing you need to do is roll back all the Bendis retcons. The symbiote is back to being a mutant from his savage alien symbiote species, back to the og origin of Star Lord, back to Luke Cage with a fro and actually doing something instead of just chilling with the avengers complaining.

This is going to be so fun!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by StephenFoxMonster View Post
    Kind of happy about this no matter the damage it does to Marvel comics. Now someone can make Riri compelling.

Is Disney about to let go of Marvel comics though? So many creators have been jumping ship and it has me scratching my head. Like stop the bleeding please
    Are you kidding? Think about the complete nuttiness of what you just suggested.

Disney does not care about a writer leaving the comics, no matter what writer it may be. Writers and artists are not lifetime employees. They leave. New ones come in. It's nothing new.

Top creators have left one company for the other over the years, from Kirby and Ditko on down. It's what you do when you're a creative person in a relatively small industry.

Marvel is saved
    Songbird Appreciation Thread

Support Flintstones & Future Quest.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

It's a great opportunity for Bendis. Wish him the best. I haven't read many of his stories, but I strongly suspect that there are writers waiting in the wings dying for an opportunity to take on one of the soon to be available Marvel titles. Or perhaps there will be some reshuffling, which will open up opportunities at Marvel elsewhere. This could be a win-win all around. Fans just have to be open to hearing a new narrative. A new voice.

I'm actually shocked that so many are prophesizing doom and gloom. At Marvel it's always been the characters that are the driving force. That's what fans care about. Writers and creative teams come second. Take it from someone that has followed his favorite writer/artist from one publishing co. and projects to the next. Outside of maybe Frank Miller, it's just wasn't the same for me when my fav writer/artist left to work for other publishers. I liked it well enough, but I didn't appreciate it as much because it wasn't Avengers, X-Men, Alpha Flight, Fantastic Four, She Hulk, etc., etc.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Johnrevenge View Post
    I'm kinda surprised he moved to DC, especially because Geoff Johns is still there, and he is one of the big names there, as their working relationship was awful back when Johns was working in Marvel. Hopefully DC will put him with some secondary characters to write (I'm really praying to all existing the Gods and Devils they wont think in giving Bendis something related to the JSA)
    How did Johns have a working relationship with Bendis? I mean, he left Marvel some time before Bendis ever touched the Avengers.

Now, Johns did have a bad working relationship with Marvel editorial, particularily their then-policy of absolutely all stories being 5-6 issues long, necessitating a lot of stretching in Johns originally 3-4 issue Avengers stories.

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    I'm not worried about Miles. I think that of all legacy characters, he and Kamala made a place for themselves. Riri though...
    Yeah, no risk of Miles going away, after all he is going to be in the new Spider-Man game and there is that animated movie too. Riri is a bit of a weird case, if she was any other character, she would just disappear early on if not before the next writers run. Given how much Marvel hyped her creation though I wouldn't be surprised if for the time being whoever comes on after Bendis is required to have here feature as a primary character.

Astonishing Member Drops Of Venus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    Never thought I'd see the day Bendis would be DC exclusive.
    Same. I'm in literal shock here. Honestly thought the thread was a joke.

Bendis was that kind of writer for me.... He could mess things up majorly and I would be pissed, but when he was good, he was good. I really thought he was doing a good job with his most recent ongoing titles. I'm VERY curious to see how his titles are going to be handled now, and specially his pet characters (Miles, Riri and JJ). I think it's going to be interesting to see those characters being ''led'' by someone else. I mean, I'm certain at least Miles and Jess are going to still have people writing them (Jess, if not on her solo, at least on the Defenders book). I do agree that Riri is the biggest question mark here, because she is still very fresh. I know people tend to think that Bendis was the only thing keeping her, but I don't think Marvel is lying when they say ''their diverse/legacy characters are not going anywhere''. I don't think Riri is done yet, I'm just not sure what her place in the MU is going to be now, since it felt like that was still an ongoing process and Bendis was the main architect.

I'm not feeling happy nor sad... I'm just very intrigued by all of this.

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Are you kidding? Think about the complete nuttiness of what you just suggested.

Disney does not care about a writer leaving the comics, no matter what writer it may be. Writers and artists are not lifetime employees. They leave. New ones come in. It's nothing new.

Top creators have left one company for the other over the years, from Kirby and Ditko on down. It's what you do when you're a creative person in a relatively small industry.
    I wasn't being serious.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by StephenFoxMonster View Post

I'm only reading like 2 books at the moment. Who else has left recently?