Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Default Superman's all alien "No Justice" League

First off, I'm really, really not happy that I was right about Priest's run on JL just being a very well written transitional arc. Even called that Snyder was clearly setting up for the take over after Metal. That said, very happy it's spearheaded by Snyder.

Anyways, they're launching this "No Justice" weekly comic that'll apparently make great use of the newly discovered greater multiverse, and there's a big thing coming to blow up Earth too. The weekly will then become a whole new family of Justice League books that'll take over from the Justice League books we have now.

But during this weekly we'll be seeing the big three (and Flash and Cyborg it seems) lead their own mini Leagues. Superman will be rocking a League made up of aliens. And all the teams seem to be wearing these new suits that are likely specific for this story, but it's worth noting that the trunks will be included, if you were wondering.

Here's a link to the IGN page http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/01/...omics-creators

Snyder: “We thought we knew the entire map of the DC cosmos,” Snyder said in a statement given to IGN. “We thought we had explored all there was to explore. But now we know that all this time the Multiverse was nothing but a fishbowl, and now we’ve been dumped into the ocean, unleashing terrifying new threats, and wondrous new possibilities. Metal opened up channels of storytelling that Francis, James, Joshua and I are excited to explore in a big way. When we’re finished, fans will never look at the Justice League in the same way again.”

Manapul “I’m laying out the biggest action of my life. “The Justice League realizes that they need to expand their reach to become something bigger than they have ever been before. If you thought my work for Justice League: Darkseid War was huge, I’m taking the League to the edge of the cosmos with ‘No Justice.’ Anyone who has asked for Harley Quinn, Martian Manhunter, Starfire, Zatanna, The Atom, Raven, or Doctor Fate to be in their personal Justice League will stand up and cheer.”

The Story: The plot of ‘No Justice’ sees Brainiac warn the Justice League about a cosmic-level threat on the way to destroy Earth. When the heroes find out that even the combined might of the Justice League (including some unlikely new recruits) isn’t enough to stop it, Brainiac advises them with a plan. His strategy involves the heroes allying with villains and splitting up into four specialized teams. The fate of a different alien world depends on the success of each team, but if they fail, it’s game over not just for Earth but the entire DC Universe.

PS The new suits are very likely from Brainiac.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 01-26-2018 at 09:08 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Superman's team

Note: all the following story pages are heavy on the Superman.

Story page 1

Story page 2

Story page 3
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I dunno about this, but it seems so ridiculous and over the top I gotta give it a shot.

Is anyone else reminded of when DC did this back in the....late 90's, early 00's and every Big 7 Leaguer forgot the League existed and made their own? Justice League Aliens. Justice League Amazons. Justice League.....whatever the rest were.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Yeah. I mean that's Starfire there, right?

So basically, everything we knew was wrong and nothing will be the same again. Well, I can understand using thse bold sweeps to make the JL a top franchise again. Not a fan of using Brainiac for this, but it looks like it will lead to something cool. Sinestro, Starro, and J'onn as charges? Wow.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Very excited. Also glad to see Lex still a anti hero
    Last edited by DragonPiece; 01-27-2018 at 10:30 AM.

BANNED

Sounds good, but I'm still disappointed that this means Priest 's run is ending so soon.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Superman's "Mystery" team is likely to last just for No Justice, like the other three; while the article described it as a new Justice League line spinning out of this, Snyder on Twitter described the aftermath as a revamp of the team books in general, so I'm pretty sure there's just going to be the one Snyder/Capullo/etc. Justice League book, with Tynion probably doing the long-expected Young Justice relaunch, Priest maybe doing a Legion of Doom ongoing, etc.
    Buh-bye

Looks interesting. Superman has the trunks in the alien team's image, so it's safe to come to the conclusion that it is going to be back permanently.

Edit : The preview pages has Supes wearing the reborn suit. When does the story take place? I hope it is after the events of AC 1000 and the trunks will only be for the 1000th issue.
    Last edited by The Learner; 01-26-2018 at 11:42 PM.

Cosmic level threat are we talking the "Anti-monitor" here or worse, Prime and which universe are we dealing with I wonder, as we could see multiple version of the same general characters?

From the interview, it sounds like Snyder is going to take this plot across multiple movie arcs?
    Last edited by jimmy; 01-26-2018 at 11:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Superman's "Mystery" team is likely to last just for No Justice, like the other three; while the article described it as a new Justice League line spinning out of this, Snyder on Twitter described the aftermath as a revamp of the team books in general, so I'm pretty sure there's just going to be the one Snyder/Capullo/etc. Justice League book, with Tynion probably doing the long-expected Young Justice relaunch, Priest maybe doing a Legion of Doom ongoing, etc.
    This is the specific scenario I was hoping for, so that's good to hear. Snyder doing Challengers and Justice League sounds like he's finally officially taking his throne as "dat doode" at DC. In the sense that he's the new Johns comic wise. Tynion likely doing Young Justice sounds like we can all stop pretending that he shouldn't have been on that specific book since jump.

Really, really hope Priest gets a book out of this. Legion of Doom by him would be spectacular, but I just hope they don't just label him the "villain guy."

The links to the pictures that I posted seem to depict our universe Superman and Justice League fighting Brainiac. Then he seems to show Superman visions of multiple versions of Earth where multiple versions of Brainiac beat all of the heroes of their respective worlds.

So it seems like we're getting back to the god-Brainiac from convergence.

BANNED

Did someone say Young Justice?

I am eager to see how they rearrange the teams after this lil crossover,and hope I never see those suits with shiny lights blinking on them after that 1 month lol.

Fantastic Member

so is the multiverse infinite again?

Priest's run ends so soon? I liked that. A break from these world ending threats which were becoming tiresome. Let us see what they cook up.

Quote Originally Posted by Jovos2099 View Post
    so is the multiverse infinite again?
    I don't think so. My guess is they are going to use this Dark Multiverse. That is why it starts after Metal and Snyder is involved. I still think its 52 known universes. Not my choice. I would prefer infinite earths myself.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 01-27-2018 at 03:18 AM.

This sounds and looks awful. Snyder is quickly becoming the Dan Slott of DC. With Metal, this awful followup, the Doomsday Clock delays, and word that there's a new Crisis looming, DC has completely squandered the last two years of development we've seen with Rebirth.
    Spurious versions, fundamentally wrongheaded premises, can, and often do, prevail from time to time, but eventually the character, Superman himself, Tulpa Superman, will–somehow, somehow–resist and reverse that meddling, reconstituting himself in the world as he means to be. ~Alvin Schwartz (paraphrased by Tom deHaven)