Page 28 of 33 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast

My hope is for a smaller line on a more ongoing scale as opposed to the sporadic nature of the OGN's. Not to mention I thought most of them were pretty bad outside of WW.

I know at this stage its more of a pipe dream than a realistic hope. I'm just grasping any straw at the moment for the opportunity for new alternate takes as I become more and more disenchanted with the main line.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-10-2018 at 12:32 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    And I'm all for those who want to see Maya and Damian together again. Just stop using Superman as a go to place for Bat-related developments like it.
    Seems that I said this in the wrong place.... I canīt control these things, I am only a reader.. Is not my decision.. I only said with this that Gleason work is not ending with Bizarro family saga..

I would prefer see her in Robin: Son of Batman...The end of this comic is the only rebirth mistake that I canīt forget..

Damian is not my reason for see Teen Titans... Even with him, I leave Supersons..
    Last edited by adrikito; 01-10-2018 at 07:44 AM.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    That was indeed OW@W I was mentioning. But we weren't still in triangles by that point were we? I thought those were left behind by 2000?

Either way, I should've been a little more specific. In my head I was closing things off around the time of Millennium Giants or so.

Well....doesnt that mean it was badly executed? Who cares if he got the comic book-y mechanics right if there's no heart to the tale?

I liked his X-Men at first, possibly just because of the gimmick, but it quickly lost its luster.

And no, I dont think Bendis is going to "ruin" Superman. At worst he'll write a crappy run and then DC will move on. Superman has withstood worse and survived.

Triangles continued after OWAW. They even had a black background to coincide with when Superman’s costume had the black background.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Maybe he will be in Action Comics but... I doubt that he will replace Gleason in Superman... Superboy fans, you can be happy for this..

In a future Post-Bizarro Family saga, Damian will return here... I saw one image of Maya Ducard(That girl that helped Damian to kidnap Superboy) in Gleasonstudio in Instarix, I canīt imagine her here without Damian involved in this:

https://instarix.com/p/1684983072142878033_4457327875

----------------
    @lisarooo
    I would love to see Maya again in the comics! She's so funny, and a great big sister too.

@patrickgleasonstudio
    @lisarooo
    may have written her in a a small part in some upcoming Superman
    -----------------

I DOUBT SEE BENDIS REPLACING GLEASON IN SUPERMAN, NOT YET... HE CANīT SAY THIS, NOT IF BENDIS IS GOING TO REPLACE HIM IN SUPERMAN..
    This would be a silver lining in the Bendis writing Superman rumour for me. I would rather Bendis replace Jurgens on Action Comics than replace Tomasi and Gleason on Superman. That way the better Post Rebirth Superman creative team could keep going for a little longer whilst Bendis takes over the weaker title.

However, to play devil's advocate, Maya could be showing up in the Bizarro arc in Superman. That could be what Gleason is referring to.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Well, its really a story about Darkseid *and Grail,* who is connected to Diana and the Amazons.

Wonder Woman's book seems like the most logical place for Grail's story to continue (if it were Justice League it'd still be a Diana-focused story), and the New Gods have been building connections with the Greeks for a while now so there's definitely precedence for it. Granted, its not something I want to see much of, but it hasn't happened much so Im okay with it thus far (the execution of the story itself might be a different matter, Im just talking conceptually)
    I think, conceptually, it could have been fine. Grail and Jason being mentioned in the solicits caused a lot of people to FREAK OUT and declare the sky was falling before they even read it because Jason was a man, which I thought was beyond ridiculous. The final product though left a lot to be desired. A Diana focused story would have been great, but she was largely wallpaper and was absent from two issues entirely (which didn't do much to flesh out the spotlight characters, which renders the whole thing a waste of time IMO).

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I think, conceptually, it could have been fine. Grail and Jason being mentioned in the solicits caused a lot of people to FREAK OUT and declare the sky was falling before they even read it because Jason was a man, which I thought was beyond ridiculous. The final product though left a lot to be desired. A Diana focused story would have been great, but she was largely wallpaper and was absent from two issues entirely (which didn't do much to flesh out the spotlight characters, which renders the whole thing a waste of time IMO).
    Well, Im behind on my comics so I haven't finished the arc, but so far it hasn't been as good as one could hope. No argument there. Conceptually though, I still have no issue with the New Gods popping in now and then, especially when it concerns Grail. Outside of Superman, there aren't many people who can challenge Darkseid on any level at all, so its nice to see it when it happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    This would be a silver lining in the Bendis writing Superman rumour for me. I would rather Bendis replace Jurgens on Action Comics than replace Tomasi and Gleason on Superman. That way the better Post Rebirth Superman creative team could keep going for a little longer whilst Bendis takes over the weaker title.
    That's my hope, if Bendis ends up on Superman at all.

Its a safe risk for me; I lose nothing but might gain a second Superman title in my pull list (if Bendis pulls it off). If Bendis fails.....my pull list remains the same.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Bendis is confirmed on Action 1000 with art by Jim Lee: http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/01/11/b...action-comics/

The main stories are still by Dan Jurgens and Patrick Gleason with the rest of the book being tributes to Superman's history.

Not so sure how I feel about a first timer being given a spot on Action #1000. Just doesn't seem right. All for brand new contributors but this is the one title where you WANT the past to have a place out of celebration.

Other than that, I'm hoping the article is right and he does take Superman and not Action. May be a minority opinion here but I think Superman is the weaker title. Not that either of them are particularly strong, but still, at least Action actually is about Superman. I'm all for anyone at this point whose philosophy isn't that Superman is part of the Batman line.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-11-2018 at 01:15 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

That's kinda the one team I think Marvel well and truly would have killed to have. I mean look at Captain America #700 where they're randomly recycling that iconic Lee splash for no reason.

I'm quite pleased with these developments so far.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Man, Bendis writing Superman is seeming more and more likely by the day. Notice how the article specifically says that he's getting the back-up and Jim Lee art. That's pretty special treatment for someone who won't write the character after.

And I kind of disagree with the sentiment that him getting a spot on 1000 is somehow wrong. Mind you, I understand that line of thinking and all, but doing it makes more sense in this context. Basically the main feature seems to act as a salute (and likely goodbye to our current teams), then we have the shorter stories acting as a general celebration for the character, and the back-up sounds like it works as a "things to come" sort of deal as it says hi to our new writer compete with the Jim Lee bump.

That's basically a new, super expensive #1 right there that basically everyone is going to buy multiple copies of, so of course you use this chance to treat it like a #1 or #0 issue by giving a taste of what to look forward to. I also imagine some of the middle writers and teams in 1000 are going to be looked at for future Superman work even though Bendis will be the new head of the line.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 01-11-2018 at 01:45 PM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

I can understand looking at it from that POV, sure.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Bendis is confirmed on Action 1000 with art by Jim Lee: http://comicbook.com/dc/2018/01/11/b...action-comics/

The main stories are still by Dan Jurgens and Patrick Gleason with the rest of the book being tributes to Superman's history.
    Bendis is at DC and he already gets Jim Lee .

This all but confirms Bendis for Superman or Action Comics now. It's just a matter of waiting for DC to confirm which series Bendis will be writing. And I definitely don't think Bendis deserves to be writing in Action Comics #1000 for his first DC assignment. I dislike his writing immensely so that's my reason but taking that out of the equation, you don't give a new writer, even a big name one, a spot on one of the most important issues of the most famous comic book character ever. A character he's never even touched before. This will definitely sour my enjoyment of Action Comics #1000.

In Action Comics 1000.......... Nooo.. This is one SPECIAL ISSUE..

I canīt see one review of 9-10(worth of AC 1000) after know about this..