Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 612131415161718192026 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dolores - The Worst Poster Ever View Post
    He probably won't have Jon referring to his parents as Sir and Ma'am.

I expect his Jon is going be less of a cartoon character. Whether that ends up a good thing, that can go either way. Jon's a fun character in Superman, and especially Super Sons but he lacks any depth. Attempts at giving him depth have not been that effective, with duds like Black Dawn. Maybe Bendis can find that balance.
    What's the problem with him being a innocent kid? He is the son of superman in the main continuity, I'm glad he is growing slowly and hasn't lost the childhood innocence yet. I'm sure in a few years, we will miss these days when Jon was so pure.

Maybe Dan Slott will take over, now that he's leaving Spider-Man.
    Give him a Superman Adventures book and he'll probably be a good fit .
    Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    If anyone can handle family dynamics, Bendis certainly fits the bill. He has a huge family and that has been reflected in his Marvel books. I'm sure he can do a good job with it.
    Family-wise I hope we get more of the Morales' and less anything from his Iron Man books.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    You have never read Avengers Disassembled or HoM then? Because last I looked the X-books still haven't recovered from Bendis screwing up the previous status quo for lulz.
    I would attribute that to Marvel not knowing what to do with X-Men, not finding the right people for that franchise.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    What's the problem with him being a innocent kid? He is the son of superman in the main continuity, I'm glad he is growing slowly and hasn't lost the childhood innocence yet. I'm sure in a few years, we will miss these days when Jon was so pure.
    What innocence? The first Super Sons arc had been walking into what appeared to be the murder of a family.

Generally read more “good Bendis” than bad. Largely because I haven’t read as much of him as most. More worried about him on big crossover event stories than solos tbh. So I’m interested in what he’s got in mind for Supes. Anyways Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays folks.
    What innocence? The first Super Sons arc had been walking into what appeared to be the murder of a family.
    Tbf, emphasis on “appeared to be.”
    Last edited by FishyZombie; 12-25-2017 at 10:38 AM.

BANNED

Bendis most highly regarded work have been Daredevil and Jessica and an alternate version of Spidey. All are street or barely above street level. Every single franchise he has touched ended up getting gutted. Sentry is a very good example. He's not a good match for Superman especially not at the expense of the current team.Give him carte blanche and he'll descecrate everything. Give him Question and stuff him somewhere where no one can notice his changes. He has done nothing to merit a Superman gig and he's far cry from new blood. This guy promised making Iron Man the next big thing and the only thing he came up with was Riri after shoving Stark aside. You think Jon is bad, wait till he creates Ree Wee and has her replace Superman. While making Darkseid the other Superman while revealing that Supwrman is the son of the Waynes stolen by Jor-el.

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    Generally read more “good Bendis” than bad. Largely because I haven’t read as much of him as most. More worried about him on big crossover event stories than solos tbh. So I’m interested in what he’s got in mind for Supes. Anyways Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays folks.
    Merry Christmas and Happy Holidays to everyone as well .

BANNED

Which doesn't make Jon's character and story innocent how again?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by FishyZombie View Post
    Tbf, emphasis on “appeared to be.”
    Which was a later discovery.

After everything Jon as gone through, from Lois & Clark to Oz Effect, innocent doesn't really describe him.

BANNED

I consider Superman innocent and even Batman. No idea how a 10 year Superboy stopped being innocent because he saw Supervillains in action.

Bendis taking over from Tomasi?

Not nearly as interested in that as I am in the idea of him taking over Action.

But we'll see. Tomasi hasn't been thrilling me lately anyway.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Barbatos666 View Post
    Which doesn't make Jon's character and story innocent how again?
    What is innocence supposed mean here? I assume since it was used in response to saying the character could use more depth, that it referred to character being naive to the point where he wasn't aware of certain realities of the world, like murder, and torture.

He's seen and experienced such things first hand, so unless innocence refers to something else here, it doesn't apply to Jon.

I'm very excited about this news. I hope Bendis' run lives up to my high expectations.
    Last edited by Celgress; 12-25-2017 at 11:01 AM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

What is innocence supposed mean here? I assume since it was used in response to saying the character could use more depth, that it referred to character being naive to the point where he wasn't aware of certain realities of the world, like murder, and torture.

He's seen and experienced such things first hand, so unless innocence refers to something else here, it doesn't apply to Jon.
    I think he probably has a more "innocent" world-view and is a little more wide-eyed then most, despite what he's experienced, if only because of his age and his parents.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I think he probably has a more "innocent" world-view and is a little more wide-eyed then most, despite what he's experienced, if only because of his age and his parents.
    Well, I wasn't asking for Jon to become jaded, if that's what people thought.