Page 18 of 33 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    It's amazing how so many of you don't understand how badly this is going to ruin Superman. You complain about Tomasi and Jurgens now but a couple months of Bendis and you'll be wishing for Tomasi and Jurgens' boring and stale stories.
    I haven't complained! I really enjoy Superman these days ever since Rebirth. Especially in Action!

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

I think I'm perfectly justified to be a little apprehensive about what Bendis will do to Superman.
    No disrespect, but "a little apprehensive" and "he'll ruin whatever Superman title he's writing for as long as he's on it" are not really the same thing.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    No disrespect, but "a little apprehensive" and "he'll ruin whatever Superman title he's writing for as long as he's on it" are not really the same thing.
    Considering his track record at Marvel I fail to see how the two aren't mutually exclusive. No disrespect but you don't understand how poorly suited Bendis is for Superman. This isn't just apprehension about a new, untested writer on Superman. This is someone who is colossally overrated, makes major changes that go against previous character history and seems unable to write a standard superhero comic without convoluted plot twists. I know you're finding Tomasi and Jurgens boring but Bendis is not going to be an improvement, I can guarantee that.
    Last edited by Lvenger; 12-25-2017 at 12:37 PM.

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

Also I thought Bendis joining DC was partly due to Johns' influence as Bendis and Johns are friends.
    That was my understanding as well.

interesting, we'll just have to see what happens, if this is true. Best of success.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Considering the track record of the Avengers up to 2003, it's strange that I failed to really get invested in the team despite some of the best ingredients of all time being present in the franchise. I remember how Bendis was supposed to ruin them, but instead for some reason made them appeal to people like me who didn't quite get them.

I don't really subscribe to believing that the grass will become greener by throwing a new writer into the mix, but as of now it's still impossible to say it will be the best or worst thing ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Considering the track record of the Avengers up to 2003, it's strange that I failed to really get invested in the team despite some of the best ingredients of all time being present in the franchise. I remember how Bendis was supposed to ruin them, but instead for some reason made them appeal to people like me who didn't quite get them.

I don't really subscribe to believing that the grass will become greener by throwing a new writer into the mix, but as of now it's still impossible to say it will be the best or worst thing ever.
    That was Avengers: Earths' Mightiest Heroes for me (which is as far away from Bendis' Avengers as you can get) .

BANNED

Bendis' Iron Man run was pretty good until Civil War II derailed it and Bendis forgot Mary Jane had a character

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    That was Avengers: Earths' Mightiest Heroes for me (which is as far away from Bendis' Avengers as you can get) .
    That's the thing. Stern's run was almost everything I wanted in a superhero comic, and Joe Casey's "year one" kinda stories will absolutely always have me as a diehard fan. But when they bounced so did I, up until then. Because I started understanding Avengers a little better, I'd buy issues even when the names on the covers changed.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    Bendis' Iron Man run was pretty good until Civil War II derailed it and Bendis forgot Mary Jane had a character
    So, like, about up to the second arc .

Incredible Member Krypto's Fleas's Avatar

What is it that people are afraid of with Bendis on Superman? I see a ton of hand wringing but not a lot of predicting. I ask because I don't know Bendis at all because I'm all DC and no Marvel.

It's amazing how so many of you don't understand how badly this is going to ruin Superman. You complain about Tomasi and Jurgens now but a couple months of Bendis and you'll be wishing for Tomasi and Jurgens' boring and stale stories.
    I think Action is one of the best books in publication. I would like Jurgens to write Thor again.

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    What is it that people are afraid of with Bendis on Superman? I see a ton of hand wringing but not a lot of predicting. I ask because I don't know Bendis at all because I'm all DC and no Marvel.
    He doesn't work well with characters with Superman's kind of powerset, or at least anything that isn't supremely simple, and he has difficulty with cosmic or high-concept characters.

Quote Originally Posted by Krypto's Fleas View Post
    He tends to be more street level than cosmic powers, but some people are blowing this out of hand, Miles Morales is the only Spider-Man I've actually come to care about, and I think Bendis' first and second run of Miles are excellent.

The only reason why I'm not ~whoa~ about him being on Superman is because I wanted him on Titans

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    The only reason why I'm not ~whoa~ about him being on Superman is because I wanted him on Titans
    I honestly don't know what book I'm most/least comfortable with him on .