Page 2 of 33 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    We can expect a lot of talking per issue
    Considering most DC books can be read in about 5 minutes these days, I would welcome it.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Lois or Steel... they'd be made huge. To the idea of a big name not coming aboard for Superman, I have some faith in that we saw Yang, Pak, and Romita go straight to Superman. If he wants to hop on I think DC will work to make it happen.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    I'm not interested in a big name signing on to do a Superman title for 12 months and then skedaddling. I mean, it's great like giving a diabetic one shot of fast-acting insulin, but eh. But maybe something good will come out of this.
    For the most part, this is the position I also take. For about 15 years we've seen so many popular creators sign up and blow their wad on a short run with little to no connection to what came before, and/or poor footholds established for succeeding creators. But ultimately, having another Superman project beats not having another Superman project.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Oh f#%k......they're probably gonna give him Justice League. Man, that really freakin sucks because that means Christopher Priest has been relegated to just "transitional writer" for that particular book. But it makes sense given that would've been two bimonthly books for him to write. Of course they'll give the big Marvel get Justice League a few months after the big movie comes out. I'll be absolutely shocked if this goes any other way and he ends up on Superman of all places.

Call me when DC grabs Al Ewing. If he were on anything other than Superman (or a Legion book) I'd call some serious BS.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Get another Superman project. Revive Superwoman. Lois Lane. Daily Planet. Steel. Those can work. In fact i want them. Bendis can make one or two possible. The overall sentiment at DC sub forum is bad. I am loving the present books. Action and Superman. I definitely don't want him on these books now. Perhaps sometime later.
    Last edited by Soubhagya; 11-07-2017 at 10:52 AM.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

Superman is just not a good fit with Bendis's style of writing. Maybe Steel, but not Superman. Bendis does not have the imagination needed for a character like Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I feel like he could write a great Lois Lane. And at this point, I would be interested in anyone taking over action or superman just for some new blood on the title.
    Yeah, I could see him writing a great Lois or Daily Planet book more then I could Superman in general.

Expect him to get a spot on the Action Comics 1000.

I miss Pak and Kuder.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Someone who's never even touched the character before has no business on Action #1000.

Not saying you don't believe that as well, just scoffing at the possibility in general.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Someone who's never even touched the character before has no business on Action #1000.
    In a symbolic "even though I've always been a Marvel fan, Action Comics has remained the gold standard, and I wanna pay my respects to that" sort of way, yeah it makes sense to me. I'd actually love to see Robert Kirkman get a spot off that same logic. And Neil Gaiman has hardly even touched the character (a team up one shot with GL) but you better believe that I wanna see him in there.

But speaking just on Bendis, I wouldn't be surprised if getting a spot on 1000 wasn't part of the incentive for exclusivity. but, that's just me speculating as someone with literally no knowledge of the inner dealing of comic book companies.

WOW... This is the 3rd topic that I saw today with him...

But after one post of THECAPE.. I think that I donīt want him with my favorite characters..
    Last edited by adrikito; 11-07-2017 at 11:30 AM.

Bendis on Superman?

F**k, yes, i'd pay to see that.

Spectacular Member DetectiveStrange's Avatar
    Last edited by DetectiveStrange; 11-07-2017 at 12:28 PM.

Spectacular Member DetectiveStrange's Avatar

Also he said that Superman, Superboy, Supergirl, Steel, and Krypto could each beat Batman in a fight in this hilarious post: http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com...er-as-a-way-to

(I mean I love Batman, but c'mon, there's no way he could beat Supes...)

Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveStrange View Post
    Also he said that Superman, Superboy, Supergirl, Steel, and Krypto could each beat Batman in a fight in this hilarious post: http://brianmichaelbendis.tumblr.com...er-as-a-way-to

(I mean I love Batman, but c'mon, there's no way he could beat Supes...)
    Wow, the whole thing is in alphabetical order, and Aquababy and Jack-Jack are in it, lmao!
    Last edited by FishyZombie; 11-07-2017 at 12:34 PM.

Get ready for a gay Jimmy Olsen.
    Jon is probably going to be autistic now.
    Lucy lane will be a lesbian now.
    Kenan will have asperger.