Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 17232425262728293031 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    That last part you mention in this snippet sounds like OWAW, which was still sporting triangles. But I can agree that even if there was more wacky cosmic stuff overall, proportionately there was less of it than with a short story like All Star and it definitely didn't focus on Superman being more powerful than his most powerful.
    That was indeed OW@W I was mentioning. But we weren't still in triangles by that point were we? I thought those were left behind by 2000?

Either way, I should've been a little more specific. In my head I was closing things off around the time of Millennium Giants or so.

At least imo, the wacky time travel stuff throughout the X-Men wasn't so badly executed as it just didn't have great motivation or characterization to back it up
    Well....doesnt that mean it was badly executed? Who cares if he got the comic book-y mechanics right if there's no heart to the tale?

Really I didn't like much at all about his X-Men run besides some amazing art and do agree that it seems infinitely easier for him to write Spider-Man. But I'm not so much thinking of your comments here over some of the comments that Bendis will prove incapable and actually *ruin* things.
    I liked his X-Men at first, possibly just because of the gimmick, but it quickly lost its luster.

And no, I dont think Bendis is going to "ruin" Superman. At worst he'll write a crappy run and then DC will move on. Superman has withstood worse and survived.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

of all the characters I can't believe they gave him Superman.
    The J-man

So.

Frakkin.

Excited!

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    of all the characters I can't believe they gave him Superman.
    Is it confirmed? Or are we still just speculating?
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

I'm looking around the usual suspect sites and am seeing nothing, so yeah I think a few posts here are taking it at face value not realizing its still just speculation.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Maybe he will be in Action Comics but... I doubt that he will replace Gleason in Superman... Superboy fans, you can be happy for this..

In a future Post-Bizarro Family saga, Damian will return here... I saw one image of Maya Ducard(That girl that helped Damian to kidnap Superboy) in Gleasonstudio in Instarix, I canīt imagine her here without Damian involved in this:

https://instarix.com/p/1684983072142878033_4457327875

----------------
    @lisarooo
    I would love to see Maya again in the comics! She's so funny, and a great big sister too.

@patrickgleasonstudio
    @lisarooo
    may have written her in a a small part in some upcoming Superman
    -----------------

I DOUBT SEE BENDIS REPLACING GLEASON IN SUPERMAN, NOT YET... HE CANīT SAY THIS, NOT IF BENDIS IS GOING TO REPLACE HIM IN SUPERMAN..
    Last edited by adrikito; 01-09-2018 at 02:34 PM.

More Batman stuff in the Superman comic? How utterly and completely outside the norm! /sarcasm

Seriously. These are fine characters. Its not a knock on the characters. But the the closest title regarding Superman that these characters should be showing up in is Super Sons. That's the designed title of a cross between the youngest generation of the Super/Bat mythos. Superman is not the place for it.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-09-2018 at 02:28 PM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Seriously. These are fine characters. Its not a knock on the characters. But the the closest title regarding Superman that these characters should be showing up in is Super Sons. That's the designed title of a cross between the youngest generation of the Super/Bat mythos. Superman is not the place for it.
    And Wonderwoman was not place for Darkseid return... One Darkseid minicomic was a good choice for this, like for the next appearance of Darkseid in WW comic...

I do not see any problem, only because I want to see Maya again, damian is in many places... Gleason will not repeat Darkseid mistake in WW with another characters..
    Last edited by adrikito; 01-09-2018 at 03:17 PM.

That's not comparable. Darkseid is a DCU-wide villain. Him being the big bad of a WW run isn't the same thing.

And I'm all for those who want to see Maya and Damian together again. Just stop using Superman as a go to place for Bat-related developments like it. Its not like its a mythos that's wont for representation. There are at least four other titles where such a thing would be more appropriate to be told. Batman, 'Tec, Teen Titans, Super Sons. Having Superman hijacked to accommodate this stuff that already has a variety of titles to call home is unacceptable, imo.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 01-09-2018 at 03:53 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Somebody whose actually reading the books correct me if I'm wrong here, but it honestly seems like Batman has had more interactions with Superman than Jimmy and Perry. At least more impactful ones. Meanwhile, Kara only got to interact with her cousin in one issue of her title and hasn't to my knowledge appeared anywhere within his books (and he brought Jon along for the ride in hers). And we're still waiting for the Legion to finally come back. This is not good.

Darkseid smothering the one solo WW book we have with his (and his awful, awful daughter's) presence is equally bad.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Somebody whose actually reading the books correct me if I'm wrong here, but it honestly seems like Batman has had more interactions with Superman than Jimmy and Perry. At least more impactful ones. Meanwhile, Kara only got to interact with her cousin in one issue of her title and hasn't to my knowledge appeared anywhere within his books (and he brought Jon along for the ride in hers). And we're still waiting for the Legion to finally come back. This is not good.

Darkseid smothering the one solo WW book we have with his (and his awful, awful daughter's) presence is equally bad.
    Supergirl did show up in Action Comics, in that story arc with the Superman Revenge Squad, but it wasn't just her, Steel, SuperLex, New Super-Man and Superwoman were there too, so they didn't talk with each other, just fought the opponents.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I mean, this is by the team who did batman and robin, can't expect them to not want to continue writing those characters. There is superman handbook that says jimmy and perry always have to be present.

Bendis just left Marvel with a parting gift of restoring the Ultimate verse. It would be poetic if he jumped to DC and started a similar concept.

Well, its really a story about Darkseid *and Grail,* who is connected to Diana and the Amazons.

Wonder Woman's book seems like the most logical place for Grail's story to continue (if it were Justice League it'd still be a Diana-focused story), and the New Gods have been building connections with the Greeks for a while now so there's definitely precedence for it. Granted, its not something I want to see much of, but it hasn't happened much so Im okay with it thus far (the execution of the story itself might be a different matter, Im just talking conceptually)

And its one story. Whether Darkseid belongs in a WW book or not, he'll be gone from those pages soon enough. The Gotham crowd taking up space in a Super book has been a habitual thing for ages, especially since Rebirth hit.

Though I dont take as much of an issue with that as Sacred does. You people wanted the World's Finest to be all friendly and bros again! This is what you get; "Uncle Batman" coming to dinner all the time! You brought this on yourselves, people!

~ Black Panther.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Bendis just left Marvel with a parting gift of restoring the Ultimate verse. It would be poetic if he jumped to DC and started a similar concept.
    That's basically the Earth-One line of OGN's.
    Floppies as of November: Adventures of the Super Sons, Batman, Catwoman, The Green Lantern, Black Panther, Dead Man Logan, Domino, Exiles, Iceman, Immortal Hulk
    Digital as of November: Daughters of the Dragon, Iron Fist: Phantom Limb, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage.