Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233 LastLast
    Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Any chance that Bendis just gets his own Superman title while either ACTION or SUPERMAN revert to monthly status, essentially still keeping the pace of one Superman issue every week , but with three titles?

I personally would love to see a new illeraton of Adventures of Superman or Man of Steel myself.
    When it comes to comics,one person's "fan-service" is another persons personal cannon. So by definition it's ALL fan service. Aren't we ALL fans?
    SUPERMAN is the greatest fictional character ever created.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    Any chance that Bendis just gets his own Superman title while either ACTION or SUPERMAN revert to monthly status, essentially still keeping the pace of one Superman issue every week , but with three titles?
    That's entirely possible, and it was my first instinct. And given the fact that Superwoman just got cancelled and Lana has been powdered, so I don't foresee a New Super-Man situation happened, that is a spot glaringly left open for something Super. An Adventures of Superman or Man of Steel book (don't know how likely this name is) or whatever is totally possible. But I have a feeling that spot isn't going to another Superman solo book if it gets filled at all.

If Bendis come on, he'll likely go the way of all other high profile writers who work on Superman or Batman and just take the main book with the character's name on it. That's how Morrison, Snyder, JRjr, Busiek, and now King did it, so I'm guessing that's the plan for Bendis if he does come on.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

On a Bleeding Cool posting from December 25th (2017), we had:
    I am told from sources spinning out of a recent Brazilian comic convention that Brian Bendis’ first announced, most prominent title with the publisher, will be the Superman ongoing book, with Brazilian artists Ivan Reis and Joe Prado on art, best known for their work with Geoff Johns on Green Lantern, Blackest Night, Brightest Day, Justice League and Aquaman.

This also underlines battle-lines between DC co-publisher Dan DiDio and DC President Geoff Johns. I have been told that Johns has approached artists he has been associated with at DC Comics to ensure he promises to line up work between them so that they don’t work with Bendis. With Reis and Prado, it seems, he didn’t provide a convincing enough argument.
    https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/12...rado-superman/
    Still not official confirmation, but isn't that article written as if the "sources" were making it sound like DC may have problems getting artists to work on Bendis titles?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    On a Bleeding Cool posting from December 25th (2017), we had:Still not official confirmation, but isn't that article written as if the "sources" were making it sound like DC may have problems getting artists to work on Bendis titles?
    We discussed that info here before, but it's all rumor stuff. None of us know the innerworkings of the company.

Bendis working with Jim Lee for Supes

https://www.cbr.com/action-comics-10...FB-P&view=list
    Always Forward. Forward Always.

BANNED

Bendis pops in to Scott Synder's office

https://www.instagram.com/p/BeUXDkXH...n=embed_legacy

BANNED

If Bendis is cosying it up with Snyder and the Bat Office, it's less likely he'll be writing a Superman series. To which I would give a big of relief, although I would be sad for the Batman fans for having to suffer Bendis' writing.

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I'm not sure if Batman is a character I can see Bendis fitting on, beyond being a general street-level crime-fighter, but I guess he would be the character people most expect him to write at some point while he's with DC.

Astonishing Member

Bendis has done his fair share of dark vigilante comics before with Daredevil so I think he's up for the job. And Daredevil and Batman are kind of similar characters so him writing Bats is a no-brainer.
    "I love mankind...it's people I can't stand!!"

- Charles Schultz.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Yo, if this means the Batman line wants to let go of King, then let me assure you that Superman would be MORE THAN HAPPY to pick the homie up quick, fast, and in a hurry!

There's always the strong chance that Tynion will be taking his talents to Young Justice. That'd leave Detective open for Bendis, but we haven't really had Detective Comics run as a straight up Batman book for while. Especially while King is already doing a mostly solo, mostly moody Batman comic that has him using all of the iconic villains as we speak (with Joker coming soon). Seems odd to just shift all that to 'Tect.

There's also the very, very real chance that Bendis is actually doing BOTH Batman AND Superman (or 'Tect and Superman).

But let me tell you, I won't lose no sleep if during the Bendis shuffle we somehow end up with Tom King on Superman. At the end of the day, that's the ideal situation for me, man.
    Last edited by Superlad93; 01-31-2018 at 10:39 AM.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

While I could see him handling Superman and Batman at the same time, I think much more likely is that Bendis will do both double-shipping Superman books for a few months, getting out a year or two's worth of material, and then he'll move onto Batman (and apparently Plastic Man). If that's the case, I think it's much more likely he'll be replacing King on Batman, who while EXCELLENT isn't lighting the sales charts or fandom on fire the way his predecessor did (which is a damn shame since I think this is much better), than Tynion on Detective, since that's a fan-favorite at the moment and it'd be a real dick move to kick off a creator DC clearly wants to build up as a big deal right before #1000 when he clearly has long-term plans still in mind. If that's the case, I would have no problems whatsoever with King picking up Superman when Bendis leaves.
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by Miles To Go View Post
    I think that no matter... I am not following King run... and until better times I canīt return to detective comics, the batfamily book(I donīt want him here) that I want to see as Batfamily book during a long time..

But I donīt like to heard this..

I hope that Bendis is the kind of writer that prefers Batman alone without the batfamily.. I donīt want more characters ruined..
    Last edited by adrikito; 01-31-2018 at 01:15 PM.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Yo, if this means the Batman line wants to let go of King, then let me assure you that Superman would be MORE THAN HAPPY to pick the homie up quick, fast, and in a hurry!

There's always the strong chance that Tynion will be taking his talents to Young Justice. That'd leave Detective open for Bendis, but we haven't really had Detective Comics run as a straight up Batman book for while. Especially while King is already doing a mostly solo, mostly moody Batman comic that has him using all of the iconic villains as we speak (with Joker coming soon). Seems odd to just shift all that to 'Tect.

There's also the very, very real chance that Bendis is actually doing BOTH Batman AND Superman (or 'Tect and Superman).

But let me tell you, I won't lose no sleep if during the Bendis shuffle we somehow end up with Tom King on Superman. At the end of the day, that's the ideal situation for me, man.
    Well apparently tom king has been working a lot on a unannounced tv series, so that may be another reason why he isn't writing a lot of comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    While I could see him handling Superman and Batman at the same time, I think much more likely is that Bendis will do both double-shipping Superman books for a few months, getting out a year or two's worth of material, and then he'll move onto Batman (and apparently Plastic Man). If that's the case, I think it's much more likely he'll be replacing King on Batman, who while EXCELLENT isn't lighting the sales charts or fandom on fire the way his predecessor did (which is a damn shame since I think this is much better), than Tynion on Detective, since that's a fan-favorite at the moment and it'd be a real dick move to kick off a creator DC clearly wants to build up as a big deal right before #1000 when he clearly has long-term plans still in mind. If that's the case, I would have no problems whatsoever with King picking up Superman when Bendis leaves.
    Well Bat title is definitely doing more on the sales charts that Tec so that shouldn't be the reason. But while there are some that are not liking King, there are a ton of people who do like King. I mean, King is a fan favorite as well.

With that being said, I don't know if I see Bendis on Batman persay, maybe a couple of one-shots here and there but not a full run. BUT then again, would King bring a fresh approach to Superman? And with him on the title, could he boost Superman's sales?