Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 22282930313233 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Yo, if this means the Batman line wants to let go of King, then let me assure you that Superman would be MORE THAN HAPPY to pick the homie up quick, fast, and in a hurry!

There's always the strong chance that Tynion will be taking his talents to Young Justice. That'd leave Detective open for Bendis, but we haven't really had Detective Comics run as a straight up Batman book for while. Especially while King is already doing a mostly solo, mostly moody Batman comic that has him using all of the iconic villains as we speak (with Joker coming soon). Seems odd to just shift all that to 'Tect.

There's also the very, very real chance that Bendis is actually doing BOTH Batman AND Superman (or 'Tect and Superman).

But let me tell you, I won't lose no sleep if during the Bendis shuffle we somehow end up with Tom King on Superman. At the end of the day, that's the ideal situation for me, man.
    A friend online has told me that it's been confirmed Tynion is moving onto one of the Justice League series after No Justice. That leaves Detective Comics open for Bendis to take over and King can continue on Batman which is the more popular and profitable of the two. So it could turn out that neither King nor Bendis will be writing Superman.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lvenger View Post
    A friend online has told me that it's been confirmed Tynion is moving onto one of the Justice League series after No Justice. That leaves Detective Comics open for Bendis to take over and King can continue on Batman which is the more popular and profitable of the two. So it could turn out that neither King nor Bendis will be writing Superman.
    Yes, but if it's a monthly like Immortal Men then he'll probably still have room for Detective. Glad King's doing well, but I REALLY don't see Tynion leaving Detective prior to #1000. With both books doing solidly, probably Bendis getting his own Bat-title is the most likely outcome alongside/after some Superman work.
    Buh-bye

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    Well Bat title is definitely doing more on the sales charts that Tec so that shouldn't be the reason. But while there are some that are not liking King, there are a ton of people who do like King. I mean, King is a fan favorite as well.

With that being said, I don't know if I see Bendis on Batman persay, maybe a couple of one-shots here and there but not a full run. BUT then again, would King bring a fresh approach to Superman? And with him on the title, could he boost Superman's sales?
    I really really like King I hope he isnt off Batman!

That said im looking forward to seeing Bendis on Superman or Batman or wherever he ends up! Ive never read any of his books so I guess its unfair of me to judge until ive read him

BANNED

Maybe Bendis will get All-Star Batman.

I can see Snyder approving of Bendis relaunching the book.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Yes, but if it's a monthly like Immortal Men then he'll probably still have room for Detective. Glad King's doing well, but I REALLY don't see Tynion leaving Detective prior to #1000. With both books doing solidly, probably Bendis getting his own Bat-title is the most likely outcome alongside/after some Superman work.
    Good point.

You might be right and he'll just do a years worth of Superman stuff (on either Superman, Action, or both) and then after 'Tect 1000 he'll get Batman.

Either way, I think it's hard to overlook that Tomasi and Gleason's Superman run really, really, really sounds like it's ending around the time of Action #1000. That book has to go to someone, and Bendis was inspired to join DC by Superman, soooo.....

BUT then again, would King bring a fresh approach to Superman? And with him on the title, could he boost Superman's sales?
    To answer both your questions: yes, most likely. The Superman and Lois feature in Super Friends is basically unanimously liked, and King himself calls Superman his "White Whale" of comics. From what I understand, he's the one character that King's actively been seeking to write because of the challenge he brings. To me, that implies he's got some sh!t up his sleeve when it comes to Superman. Hopefully he gets his shot sooner rather than later.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Superlad93 View Post
    Good point.

You might be right and he'll just do a years worth of Superman stuff (on either Superman, Action, or both) and then after 'Tect 1000 he'll get Batman.

Either way, I think it's hard to overlook that Tomasi and Gleason's Superman run really, really, really sounds like it's ending around the time of Action #1000. That book has to go to someone, and Bendis was inspired to join DC by Superman, soooo.....

To answer both your questions: yes, most likely. The Superman and Lois feature in Super Friends is basically unanimously liked, and King himself calls Superman his "White Whale" of comics. From what I understand, he's the one character that King's actively been seeking to write because of the challenge he brings. To me, that implies he's got some sh!t up his sleeve when it comes to Superman. Hopefully he gets his shot sooner rather than later.
    I really liked Tomasi and Gleason Superman, in my opinion was one of the best books of 2016, but for almost a year now the book have tired me. With the exception of the Multiversity arc the book have focused more on Jon than in Superman, and when the focus changes to him it doesn't go well. I think is time for someone else bring a new air to the titles, someone that hopefully will put Superman on the center stage again, Tomasi can keep doing Super Sons, where he does a great work and maybe Gleason could join him writing it(Jimenez should stay on the art).

If the person who will take over is Bendis, let's hope he brings his best game to the character, because the comics is the only place where I still hope to see Superman as a main character and being good represented, at least for the near future since I doubt we will see any solo movie before 202? and in TV, well we know isn't happening.
    Last edited by Ra-El; 01-31-2018 at 12:25 PM.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Bendis could probably step into Batman no problem. I don't keep up with that book but everything I do know and have heard about it just reminds me of his work elsewhere. I still won't be surprised for any kind of overlap between Bendis and King.

But this... I doubt it's about that or anything else. Looks exactly like a situation where Bendis was already months off, and then had a major health scare, and they're trying to keep people buzzing about him. Works very well.

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    But this... I doubt it's about that or anything else. Looks exactly like a situation where Bendis was already months off, and then had a major health scare, and they're trying to keep people buzzing about him. Works very well.
    Another very, very good point. This may not end up being anything more than general buzz.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not sure if Batman is a character I can see Bendis fitting on, beyond being a general street-level crime-fighter, but I guess he would be the character people most expect him to write at some point while he's with DC.
    How secure is Sam Humphries with his Nightwing writing assignment these days?
    Maybe Dick would be a good fit for Bendis?

Wait, is Bendis writing in the Action Comics 1000 special? I forgot the list of writers!

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Wait, is Bendis writing in the Action Comics 1000 special? I forgot the list of writers!
    Yeah, he's writing the story Jim Lee's penciling.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Incredible Member

So it turns out Bendis is doing a WHOLE LOT OF SUPERMAN:

https://www.forbes.com/sites/markhug.../#7817b4585c40

Very long, in-depth article.

Cliff notes:

He'll kick off with 10 pages on Action Comics #1000 (which won't be fluff, it'll be important to his run) and something, then DC Nation #0 (with Jose Luis Garcia-Lopez coming out of semi-retirement!).

Then, he'll go into a weekly six issue Superman mini-series starting in May, titled Man of Steel. Promises huge bombshells/shake-ups/status quo changes, but stresses it's not a reboot, it's following on from what Tomasi/Gleason and Jurgens have been doing.

He'll then be taking over both Superman (focused on being BIG action-adventure) and Action Comics (focused on Clark, the Daily Planet and Metropolis, new supporting characters and villains etc). The former is getting a new #1, while the latter will keep going on from #1000.

Wowza.

Man of Steel #1 and #2 covers:

https://thumbor.forbes.com/thumbor/9...%3Fwidth%3D960

And #3 and #4:

https://thumbor.forbes.com/thumbor/9...%3Fwidth%3D960
    Last edited by titansupes; 02-01-2018 at 07:00 AM.

So, as always, top artists to carry Bendis dead weight while he "shocks" us with nonsensical, ridiculous reveals that "no one saw comming" (basically because it makes no sense at all), all filled with juvenile and unfunny jokes and pleanty of annoying "bendisspeak". I forsee a divorce (or, at the very least, a break up) in the future. And someone else will take over for Superman. (did I miss any of his troupes?) I wonder who Lex Luthor will call a "fat cow".

Peace

BANNED

Sounds pretty great to me!

I don't have a lot of faith in him doing the big stakes Superman stuff, but he could make Metropolis, The Planet, etc. fun to read about again in Action.