Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

We saw one pile of books in Bendis hands but.. there are 5 more..

Attachment 57673
    Last edited by adrikito; 11-11-2017 at 06:30 AM.

Astonishing Member Dispenser Of Truth's Avatar

Well, heck.

Brian Michael Bendis: Cleveland library's Superman exhibit convinced him to go to DC Comics

Of course, that raises the question - is that a big sign alongside his other Superman-centric references since signing up with DC that he's getting a gig on him, or is this actually an indication that Superman would be on his mind in relation to this *regardless* of what project he's taking?
    Buh-bye

THE MARK OF MY DIGNITY Superlad93's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Dispenser Of Truth View Post
    Well, heck.

Brian Michael Bendis: Cleveland library's Superman exhibit convinced him to go to DC Comics

Of course, that raises the question - is that a big sign alongside his other Superman-centric references since signing up with DC that he's getting a gig on him, or is this actually an indication that Superman would be on his mind in relation to this *regardless* of what project he's taking?
    Well that's pretty convincing. I imagined that Bendis would get a Superman gig after realizing that he'd basically be working during Superman's big 80th, and I'm pretty much convinced that it'll be a specialty book ala Unchained (good way to promote both Superman and Bendis), but this feel like it all but confirmed everything.

To your second point, it's worth noting that Scott Snyder and Bendis have been "talking story" since he got there. https://twitter.com/Ssnyder1835/stat...49753748824065 Maybe it's just a general thing where he talks with all the big dogs at DC before going in, or maybe this means Bendis might be gearing up for a event of some sort that deals with Superman?

PS. Expect a PM from me between today and tomorrow.
    "Mark my words! This drill will open a hole in the universe. And that hole will become a path for those that follow after us. The dreams of those who have fallen. The hopes of those who will follow. Those two sets of dreams weave together into a double helix, drilling a path towards tomorrow. THAT's Tengen Toppa! THAT'S Gurren Lagann! MY DRILL IS THE DRILL THAT CREATES THE HEAVENS!" - The Digger

We walk on the path to Secher Nbiw. Though hard fought, we walk the Golden Path.

Spectacular Member DetectiveStrange's Avatar

Default Bendis Interview on Superman

"I just had a landmark (50th) birthday and I had lost a lot of weight and I was thinking about what else I could do to scare myself," he said. "What could I do next? DC was coming at me pretty hard with offers that were hard to resist. But it was not until I walked into the library that everything came together. I remembered how much I connected with Superman, how I was an artist during the 1988 Superman convention in Cleveland (The Neverending Battle celebrating the 50th anniversary of the Man of Steel.)"

Bendis said he stopped into the library to talk to officials about an offer they made for an exhibit of his work, when he saw Superman everywhere.

"Somehow, I did not know about the exhibit," he said. "When I walked in and saw it, I felt like the library was my own personal museum that I needed to see and walk through. I then realized I had to take DC up on their offer, it was so head-turning that I really could not refuse."

http://www.cleveland.com/entertainme...cs_photos.html

There's no doubt in my mind he'll be writing Supes. I'm interested to see where he goes with it.

Incredible Member

Huh. I'm actually surprised. Will be interesting, no doubt.

Obsessed & Compelled Bored at 3:00AM's Avatar

With the arrival of Bendis with the departure of Berganza, it will be very interesting to see what the Superman books look like in a year.

Now I understand why is obsessed with Superman..

Maybe he will write a prestige mini or something,I would hate to see Jurgens go.
    It would be fun to see something street-level by Bendis,like Batwoman or Question.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Definitely sounds like he will have a Superman story in mind. I already said this, but I am excited to see him write Lois Lane and I feel like a family dynamic with Jon Kent would be right up his alley!

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Yea, definitely seems Bendis was always bound for something (main continuity or not) Superman, him being a former Clevelander.

Hopefully DC has a plan for him that doesn't involve him being allowed to radically ruin anything.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

I don't know if i should be happy or worried.

Aldo, expects a lot of talking heads in his run (assuming that he is indeed doing a solo for the Man of Steel).

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    I don't know if i should be happy or worried.

Aldo, expects a lot of talking heads in his run (assuming that he is indeed doing a solo for the Man of Steel).
    So maybe a more artful version of the Supes of the late 80's and 90's?

I like to remember that there was actually a time when people cared about Perry White's martial woes.

It will be nice to have the Daily Planet and Metropolis Special Crimes Unit cast matter to that extent again.

I like to remember that there was actually a time when people cared about Perry White's martial woes.*

It will be nice to have the Daily Planet and Metropolis Special Crimes Unit cast matter to that extent again.
    I would be up for that, Bendis likes the human element on his stories, but i doubt if he can pull the "Super" part effectly and frankly, sometimes he writes everyone so godamm bland, that it can became boring.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post

I like to remember that there was actually a time when people cared about Perry White's martial woes.

Yeah, that's what I'd probably expect and definitely enjoy. It'd be a welcome change from the last ten years or so.

If he came in on the 1988 celebration I've no doubt for 2018, it's just when and what exactly.

This is almost a confirmation on what want bendis on DC.
    Maybe an Clark Kent: All Star would be a good idea for him.
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin