Page 8 of 32 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Judge Dredd View Post
    I think he is going to end up on Detective and Tynion will be moved onto something else. I also assume he will launch another book as he usually does multiple books that will feature someone who has not had a solo book for a bit maybe a Tim Drake book. At some point he will probably get an event book though and play with the Justice League and that could go either way, but his strength would be in the Bat family books.
    Bendis can stay the hell away from 'Tec until after issue #1000, or hopefully much further.
    Last edited by Caivu; 11-07-2017 at 10:15 AM.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

This is bad news for DC but good news for Marvel

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Bendis can stay the hell away from 'Tec until after issue #1000.
    I would imagine a Tec 1000 by Bendis would sell a bit more then Tynion and be a good jumping on point and launch a big story by him. Not that the book needs a name to sell well for 1000, but I think it would be a bit of bump in sales with his name on it. The 1000 issue I would have worried about him being on is Action, but thankfully not going to happen. I could be wrong but do not look forward to him getting his hands on Superman. Maybe he will get a Watchmen book post Doomsday clock.

I suspect that this goes beyond comics, maybe he'll work in some corporate capacity on the new DC/WB streaming service or something? Or something to do with the new release format Snyder talked about a couple of months back?
    As of now:
    All-Star Batman, Batman, Doom Patrol, The Flash, The Fix, The Flintstones, Green Valley, Hadrian's Wall, The Hellblazer, Moonshine, New Super-Man, Suicide Squad, Superman, 'Tec, Unfollow

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Caivu View Post
    Bendis can stay the hell away from 'Tec until after issue #1000.
    If he's going to be involved with 'Tec at all, you can bet it's going to revolve around #1000. Unfortunately.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Yeah, his cosmic stuff is not that great. So I expect to see him on Superman. And even then, depending on how he approaches the mythos he might make it work. Doubtful, especially if he takes his ques from Johns, but he's done good stuff close enough to the Super wheelhouse before.

We gotta keep in mind that Bendis won't have the ability to go nuts at DC. At Marvel he was the biggest writer they had, king of the mountain. But at DC that's Johns, and he has the official title to back it up. For a lot of properties that could be a good thing.

I wonder where he'll go.....could be a new character from Dark Matter. Could be Milestone. I think he could make Firestorm work, actually, or even the Atom. Question, Arrow, just about any gritty street level character he'd be good for.....I dunno if he could hit the right chord for Nightwing but I'd give him a chance......
    I still think the high likelihood is something Batman related. A big hire going to the company's biggest property in some way only makes sense. At least to start out before he branches off. I doubt Superman because, while I disagree with the sentiment and think the line needs new blood, DC seems more than fine with Jurgens and Tomasi on his respective titles.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by SJNeal View Post
    I have a sinking feeling it'll be Wonder Woman post-Robinson.
    Yeah, that definitely seems like a big possibility. Superman doesn't seem unlikely either. Maybe even try and give Aquaman or Cyborg a boost with his name on the book. Either way, whatever he ends up on is an instant drop for me if I'm reading the book currently. I hated his recent Marvel work so much that I have completely written him off writing any character.

I just hope whatever DC gives him doesn't involve forcing another writer off their current run.

BANNED

I think it's pretty clear at this point Tynion is sticking on 'Tec till at least #1000. And frankly, MANY problems as Tynion has, unless there's another writer who wants to use the team, or until there's another home for some of these characters, I don't want him going anywhere.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I hate Bendis most of the time. With that said there a few characters he might be good on. Something Batman related, Green Arrow, The Question, Firestorm, and other street level or Peter Parker type characters.

The problem is we all know what DC is going to do and thats the old "Big Name = Big Book" so that puts a few in the spotlight. They kept Hitch on Justice League way longer then they would have any other writer on just his name alone and I can see them doing the same with Bendis. He is getting a Justice League book that I can almost guarantee. Bendis is a glory hound and goes after books that have big movies. He jumped on Guardians of the Galaxy for that reason.

Quote Originally Posted by HereNThere View Post
    I bet he gets Cyborg.
    This would also not surprise me.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I would bet money he is getting a Justice League book. He is too much of a glory hound to come over if they were not giving him a flagship title so it is going to be one of the big ones.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I think it's pretty clear at this point Tynion is sticking on 'Tec till at least #1000. And frankly, MANY problems as Tynion has, unless there's another writer who wants to use the team, or until there's another home for some of these characters, I don't want him going anywhere.
    Best case scenario for me would be Bendis launching a Tim Drake solo while Tynion stays on 'tec, but I know he's too big a name for that.

Really, it's hard to gauge what DC would put Bendis on because I don't think we know how well-versed Bendis is of the DCU and what characters/properties he's interested in.

A lot more Bendis speak I imagine.
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut