Page 4 of 32 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

It all depends on what series he gets. Honestly, I would be interested to see him on Titans, TT or a potential Young Justice book(assuming that all this future Tim stuff leads to a revival of YJ).
    Last edited by king81992; 11-07-2017 at 08:28 AM.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    You don’t know that. He is coming as the new guy.
    I see him taking one of the big 3(most likely Supes) and just re-write his origin/history. Then he will work his 'magic' on a fringe player and stick with him as long as he stays under DC. We should see a Bendis big event for 2018.

Expect bad things DC.

You have to go back

Bendis killing DC creatively and Marvel financially. Not bad.
    BB

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

NOOOOOOOOOO

DC give him characters that dont have fans or never worked in the past please! Well, I would take him over Orlando on JLA but Bendis ignores way too many stuff to fit his own agenda. A red moon has just appeared over DC.
    Last edited by HandofPrometheus; 11-07-2017 at 08:31 AM.

BANNED

Anyone else thinking he might be on the Milestone reboot?
    I mean Bendis loves to use diversity characters, and there continuity for him mess up and a big name like him would gain attention.

Quote Originally Posted by bruce wayne View Post
    hopefully something like green arrow.
    not like this!! Not like this!!
    "Never assign to malice what is adequately explained by stupidity or ignorance."

"Great stories will always return to their original forms"

"Nobody is more dangerous than he who imagines himself pure in heart; for his purity, by definition, is unassailable." James Baldwin

without being privy to any new information, i would think he'd stay on iron man through #700 to wrap up his various plots. i believe the latest issue was... #693? something like that? so we should have a few months.

the celebration from marvel fans, and the trepidation from dc fans, is hilarious. as a fan of both companies who never picked a side (because comics are comics) i don't know what to think. i like the direction of several of the major dc properties right now and didn't feel anything was needed to rock the boat. ah well. we shall see.

Oh no, DC is on the rise and now Bendis can spoil it by his dreadful decompressed stories and sitcom dialogues. Not really thrilled about the news.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    What's he done that's so bad? I abandoned Marvel a long time ago so I'm not that familiar with his work.

That said being that he's a big name, then he'll be doing Batman in some capacity.
    Well, I'm not as diehard a Marvel fan as I am a DC one so I might be a little off here, but.....

His older street level stuff people liked back in the day and still enjoy; Daredevil, Ultimate Spider-Man, Jessica Jones......

But he doesn't seem to do very well with high concept properties. I think the hate for him really started when he took over the Avengers and did this whole thing with Norman Osborn running the group like a more publicity-friendly Suicide Squad. And then he spent a few years on the X-books and brought the original roster, still as teenagers, into the present day.

I think the problem with Bendis is sort of like the problem with Johns; they did amazing stuff when they were starting out, but as they rose higher in the company they got free reign to do what they wanted without editorial to rein them in that allowed some bad habits and bad ideas to bleed through, often in excess and with universe-wide ramifications you couldn't easily ignore.

He's the new guy at DC but he's still Bendis, still a big name. Hopefully he treads carefully and we get some great work out of him. He's certainly capable.

I think itd be funny if he ended up in Dark Matter. The line that is largely a DC analogue for a bunch of Marvel properties.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Now that I'm thinking about it...if he can get DC to push their diverse characters more and bring them back from their 5 year hiatus or little background appearances from the new 52 then I'm ready to see him join. However, like I said in another thread he ignores too many things for his own good.

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    I have to agree with this. I could even see him on Nightwing or the Red Hood & the Outlaws.

But if he's put on Batman, Superman, or Wonder Woman than I'm dropping those books. I absolutely have no interest in him bringing his storytelling style to any of the Trinity. Unless it's a mini that can be easily ignored by everyone else.
    Oh God no! Please no, @#&% no, NO!

Quote Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
    Just wait until they announce he's rebooting the Legion of Superheroes.
    Bendis on Legion.....my head hurts.

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ishmael View Post
    I have to agree with this. I could even see him on Nightwing or the Red Hood & the Outlaws.
    Nightwing just got a new writer though and RHATO doesn't need a new writer, especial someone like Bendis. Last thing Jason's character needs is for someone to write him poorly and out of character in his own title when he already suffers from just that outside of it. No, I say keep Bendis far away from both books.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 11-07-2017 at 08:52 AM.
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

Extraordinary Member

Give him Nightwing.

It's so in his wheelhouse it's almost funny.

Even more so than Batman, because Dick gets to be emotional in ways that Bats doesn't(even now).

BANNED

Wonder Woman could be a landing spot.....