Page 6 of 32 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    New The Question solo ongoing
    Wouldn't mind that at all...

I would think there'd be a mix of titles he'd do...one A-level hero, a C-list hero and one new character he created (and maybe one other).

I wish him luck. He is definitely a talented writer. And a pretty big name. Looking at this thread he is not liked here. It looks like he was not happy at Marvel.

Hope he gets work at DC which he is satisfied with and plays to his strengths. Now are there titles which need rejuvenation? Is it possible to revive Superwoman again? This time with more focus on Metropolis. What do the fans think of this? I am unfamiliar with his work.

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post
    I wish him luck. He is definitely a talented writer. And a pretty big name. Looking at this thread he is not liked here. It looks like he was not happy at Marvel.

Hope he gets work at DC which he is satisfied with and plays to his strengths. Now are there titles which need rejuvenation? Is it possible to revive Superwoman again? This time with more focus on Metropolis. What do the fans think of this? I am unfamiliar with his work.
    Check out his first Miles run, I'd say it was amazing. The second Miles one was good, but I'm meh about the third Miles run.

Fantastic Member

With Bendis coming to DC can Sara Pichelli come with him I love her art.

Incredible Member

Let's all look on the bright side: Bendis works with a lot of amazing artists so we'll get to see some DC characters looking gorgeous!

Quote Originally Posted by M L A View Post
    Let's all look on the bright side: Bendis works with a lot of amazing artists so we'll get to see some DC characters looking gorgeous!

Yeah I am hoping he brings along some artist he worked with on marvel books. Artist seems to like working with him so hopefully they make the jump also.

If y'all don't appreciate him, I'd gladly read him on Cyborg.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

... just when I started reading DC. Well Miracle Man is a mini. No way he'd be able to screw with that... Right? They aren't going to give him a New God's book and let him kill people off just for the heck of it... Right?
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Fantastic Member

I'm actually excited about this. I generally like Bendis. His tenure at Marvel towards the end was bleh -- I tend to chalk that up to Marvel's editorial direction. I hope he can find a project that will suit his strengths and recharge his creative batteries.

Hopefully, it will a title with a singular character in a grounded environment. I dearly miss that Bendis.

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Oh dear, what stands out to me is the teenage X-Men roster. I hate ideas like that and I'd hate to see stuff like that happen in the DCU.

If his time that shined was with Ultimate Spider-Man though, I'd knock on DC's door for the thousandth time and tell them to do a new Earth-(insert number here) with younger versions of the heroes and do a New 52-like thing only this time actually be able to do it full tilt.
    Yeah, his cosmic stuff is not that great. So I expect to see him on Superman. And even then, depending on how he approaches the mythos he might make it work. Doubtful, especially if he takes his ques from Johns, but he's done good stuff close enough to the Super wheelhouse before.

We gotta keep in mind that Bendis won't have the ability to go nuts at DC. At Marvel he was the biggest writer they had, king of the mountain. But at DC that's Johns, and he has the official title to back it up. For a lot of properties that could be a good thing.

I wonder where he'll go.....could be a new character from Dark Matter. Could be Milestone. I think he could make Firestorm work, actually, or even the Atom. Question, Arrow, just about any gritty street level character he'd be good for.....I dunno if he could hit the right chord for Nightwing but I'd give him a chance......

Quote Originally Posted by reni344 View Post
    With Bendis coming to DC can Sara Pichelli come with him I love her art.
    Oh that would be amazing. One of the industry's best right there.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Incredible Member

I think they should give him Batman. King sucks on that title and they could use a good writer.

Quote Originally Posted by Soubhagya View Post

Bendis's strengths lie in street level characters and small teams like Daredevil and the Defenders. He doesn't write large teams very well or space books. I could see him on stuff like green arrow, or the bat titles, but not superman or anything like that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Talon1load View Post
    I think they should give him Batman. King sucks on that title and they could use a good writer.
    Truth. They should swap King out and put him on a Green Labtern title and put Bendis in Batman. Or maybe green arrow.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

God help us all...

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I wonder what poor character is going to get saddled with him.
    I have a sinking feeling it'll be Wonder Woman post-Robinson.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Mighty Member

Batfans are already complaining of King's dialogue repetition. Imagine the rage when Batman starts doing Bendis speak. Good Lord!