Page 18 of 32 FirstFirst ... 814151617181920212228 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I support him in batgirl.. I doubt that he can make the things worse...
    Hey, maybe I'll get lucky and they'll let him write a solo-title starring Damian.

(Wouldn't bother me since I don't know how likely I'd be to consider buying one anyway.)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Hey, maybe I'll get lucky and they'll let him write a solo-title starring Damian.

(Wouldn't bother me since I don't know how likely I'd be to consider buying one anyway.)
    One hater... With TT as Damian problem is enough.. Gleason should finish Robin:son of Batman first..

https://twitter.com/patrick_gleason/...57087854116864

And Snyder is with Bendis.. I donīt hate barbara gordon. I only think that DC is underestimating barbara gordon since the begin of burnside. She need a change..
    Last edited by adrikito; 11-07-2017 at 02:18 PM.

Guardian of the Universe comicstar100's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Thats not what Earth One is about though.
    That is kind of my point it really has no direction. I'd like Bendis to streamline it and have the Earth One titles come out more frequently. Maybe do something similar to his work on Ultimate Spider-Man. If they want one off stories just bring back the Elseworlds line.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

I think Gleason already called dibs he has a whole other run of Robin: Son of Batman that he wants to write.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Id actually be curios to see his Nightwing.
    Trust me, people will actually miss the days of Tarantula raping.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    A lot more Bendis speak I imagine.
    bendis does his best when he is challenged. DC got themselves another great writer

Quote Originally Posted by Buried Alien View Post
    This is the comics industry equivalent of Lebron signing with the Miami Heat in 2010.

Bendis: I'm taking my talents to DC Comics!

Buried Alien (The Fastest Post Alive!)
    and Miami also ended up going to four finals winning 2 out of 4 with the two wins being back to back... so if bendis does that he will peak in year two and three

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    Please yes. That’s Bendis wheelhouse.
    Yeah I get that...I just am not sure I want to see him locked into a Batman book. I guess I could see GA more than almost anything.

Like I said here or in another thread, I did like Bendis at one point, and I hope this move gets his juices flowing once again. I fear the worst, but will be cautiously optimistic, I guess.

Extraordinary Member Vanguard-01's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    That's like saying Batman is the story about an 8-year old orphan in a halloween costume who beats up the poor and mentally ill.
    Eh. I wouldn't know. Never read Alias. All I know is that that part of the story is literally the ONLY part of the story that people talk about.

"Jessica Jones gets mind controlled by Purple Man, who keeps her as his tortured sex toy for who-knows-how-long!"

Pretty much all I ever hear about that story.
    Though much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven, that which we are, we are,
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.

--Lord Alfred Tennyson--

I mean I liked his run on Daredevil but that’s it. Please stay away from my favorite characters.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    ... I donīt hate barbara gordon[/B]. I only think that DC is underestimating barbara gordon since the begin of burnside. She need a change..
    Well, not counting the Young Animal Mother Panic book, Batgirl is the only Bat-family title I buy these days.

Put Bendis on it, and then you'd have one less Bat-family title I would buy.
    (You do the math.)

If he took over Batgirl & the Birds of Prey, it wouldn't bother me.
    But keep him away from Babs' solo-title.

Quote Originally Posted by kcekada View Post
    Characters talking like they are in a sitcom, stories that take forever to get to the action.
    On the bright side...
    We'll see supporting characters become more prominent and maybe even see heroes spend downtime outside their costumes again.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Quote Originally Posted by Vanguard-01 View Post
    Eh. I wouldn't know. Never read Alias. All I know is that that part of the story is literally the ONLY part of the story that people talk about.

"Jessica Jones gets mind controlled by Purple Man, who keeps her as his tortured sex toy for who-knows-how-long!"

Pretty much all I ever hear about that story.
    That was the big end of the run story and was really good so you do hear about it a lot. The other stories in the run are her hunting down missing people got Rick Jones and a missing mutant girl. JJJ also pays her to find out Spider-Man's identity, but that turns into missing person and MGH story all pretty good, but the end with the Purple Man was really good. It probably did not help that the Netflix show adapted that story making it even bigger.

The more I have thought about this the more terrified I have become. His track record with marvel characters is not great. The positive runs: Daredevil and Jessica Jones and then you have everything else that was pretty bad.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lee Stone View Post
    On the bright side...
    We'll see supporting characters become more prominent and maybe even see heroes spend downtime outside their costumes again.
    Ya, ignored side characters may pop up more ...hopefully. I would also like to see the heroes interact on their downtime more often especially the JL. Ever since new 52 w3 never seen them hang out with each other or talk like friends beside the trinity.

If Bendis takes over Batgirl and drops the Burnside quo then he can use all the Bendis speak he wants I would support him all the way.