Page 26 of 32 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lago View Post
    The spine of the Earth One title says Geoff Johns and Gary Frank, so it is Batman.
    ..... and this batman is the kind of things(street level) that he works.. Seems that the next volume of batman earth 1 will be that last that I will see.

Never liked him and how he handled the Marvel characters, especially Iceman. DC's made another mistake here.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Hear me out on this guys. I know Bendis can be (read 'IS') divisibe now a days. Here's my proposal for what DC could do with him. Don't give him a flagship title (Batman or Superman) right away, or even one of the books already connected to them (RHATO, Nightwing etc). Start him on something in Gotham and Metropolis, but not starring those Characters- They can still feature on occassion but not to star in the book: Think of it as Bendis having a Proof of Concept for how he'd write Bruce or Clark etc.
    If anyone thinks that DC isn't going to have Bendis come in, guns blazing, on their biggest books, they're crazy.

They're not going to start him off in some tiny corner of the DCU. He's going to be on a flagship. Superman, Batman, Wonder Woman, Justice League - they're all going to be under Bendis' pen at some point, no question about it. He doesn't need "Proof of Concept" as far as DC's concerned. And surely the biggest enticement for Bendis going to DC was that there was no big properties left at Marvel for him to put his mark on whereas DC is fresh territory in that regard.

Whether a Bendis-ized DC is a good or bad thing will up for readers to decide but make no mistake - it's happening.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

Bendis on Nightwing...pretty sure I'd excitedly support that. I've like hardly read anything Bendis has written given that I tend to only read very old Marvel, but knowing Nightwing comics more, I feel like maybe Bendis could bring positive attention to that corner.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Maybe he's there to do an 'Ultimate' Justice League type thing. Basically set it all in an alternate Earth and give him the keys to the kingdom to do whatever he wants.

Oh crap.... I feel another reboot coming on...
    Save Ferris...

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AngryComicBookNerd View Post
    Maybe he's there to do an 'Ultimate' Justice League type thing. Basically set it all in an alternate Earth and give him the keys to the kingdom to do whatever he wants.

Oh crap.... I feel another reboot coming on...
    A Bendis version of a D.C reboot...I might get my special sausage butties ready for that one

I'm sure it's been said somewhere in here...but I think he'd do well with a relaunch of a Gotham Central type of book.

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    Do people really want Zatanna by Bendis? Bad enough we have to read Bendis Speak....who wants to read that in reverse
    I've seen him write Scarlet Witch and Dazzler.

I'm not sure I care to see him write Zatanna.

Quote Originally Posted by bobellis75 View Post
    I'm sure it's been said somewhere in here...but I think he'd do well with a relaunch of a Gotham Central type of book.
    That would probably be the book he'd most be comfortable in.

Astonishing Member Global Honored's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    Bendis on Nightwing...pretty sure I'd excitedly support that. I've like hardly read anything Bendis has written given that I tend to only read very old Marvel, but knowing Nightwing comics more, I feel like maybe Bendis could bring positive attention to that corner.
    A Bendis / Maleev Nightwing? I’m in!

I believe Bendis will be fine as long as he isn't given power to navigate the future direction of the DCU. Obviously Bendis wasn't brought in just to be another writer, so I'm sure he will be given good amount of freedom for his stories, but as far as the company's line-wide direction is concerned, they better reign him in. I'm not a fan that he will reportedly be involved with the movie side of things too.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    What?

Wait. Hold on.

What??

Well, this came out of nowhere. I can't tell if Im excited for DC nabbing the competition's biggest name or scared silly of "which" Bendis we'll be getting......the Ultimate Spider-Man or Daredevil Bendis I would welcome to the DCU.....the Avengers Bendis I'd rather not see screwing around with some of my favorite properties.......

Ah well, with luck the change in scenery will inspire him to be at his best and we'll get more Daredevil quality work out of him.
    Exactly all of this,,,Where DC put him will tell us a lot about kind of writing to expect from him.

Astonishing Member

So likely place of lowest resistance either in the Super/Lantern books with Berganza or League books with Cunningham.

Quote Originally Posted by Global Honored View Post
    A Bendis / Maleev Nightwing? I’m in!
    I remember when I was excited for a Bendis/Maleev Moon Knight.

Please don't scare me like that.
    Batman - Daredevil

Extraordinary Member

I think Nightwing is more suited to globetrotting adventures, whereas Bendis needs to stick to something street level

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinr View Post
    Exactly all of this,,,Where DC put him will tell us a lot about kind of writing to expect from him.
    Indeed.

And while all of us are having a very natural knee-jerk panic attack over this.....let's keep in mind that he won't (probably) have the kind of freedom/pull at DC he did at Marvel (Johns already has that spot) and the new scenery might inspire him; he's been at Marvel a long, long time and tackled almost all their biggest properties. After twenty years he's probably said every single thing he ever wanted to say about the MU, and then stuck around for several more years anyway. There's virtually nothing left there, but DC is a new playground full of new properties that might bring out the best in him.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.