Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I am pretty sure Bendis X-Men sold worse than Gillen Uncanny and Aaron Wolverine & the X-Men
    Nope, Bendis’ books far outsold those.

BANNED

When I think of Bendis..I immediately think of the character assassination work he focused on in regards to the Scarlet Witch to push his own agenda. And anyone who read the end of House of M #7 knows what I'm talking about.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Nope, Bendis’ books far outsold those.
    No. At first Bendis was selling more but The Gillen Uncanny with Magneto, Magik, Storm, and Cyclops outsold everything.

Bendis writes his best work when hes being challenged by something new. I'm all for the change, and despite his missteps with Marvel (especially when it comes to his event books) the guy can write one helluva book when hes firing on all cylinders.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    No. At first Bendis was selling more but The Gillen Uncanny with Magneto, Magik, Storm, and Cyclops outsold everything.
    Wow, are you saying Gillen's Uncanny outsold Bendis' still to be written X-books at the time? Huge if true.

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    Yes! Here's hoping we get back to having one of each character in the 616.
    Yeah right... Most of that happens in the X-Men because creators aren't allowed to create new characters that arent wrapped up in some sort of time travel or aspects outside of the X-Men brand, so it's harder for Fox to adapt them for use in a movie.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    He was the architect of everything X-Men for a decent period of time.. his biggest impressions on the franchise are still running around. I think it's okay that it's here.
    Yea years ago. His leaving Marvel has no bearing on the Xmen today. This thread itself is about people complaining f about something he did 4 years ago

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JasonEsta View Post
    No, you're wrong. Not even Gillen's AVX-boosted issues outsold the comparable Bendis All-New X-Men (the closest Gillen ever got was 2,200 issues fewer for #20, thanks to a final issue bump). If you're comparing Gillen to Bendis' second best-selling x-book, it did get passed thanks to AVX, but that's neither a fair comparison nor is it the same as "outselling everything".

Not much of a fan of teen O5, but Punk Dazzler was one of his biggest crimes.

DC will probably put him on Justice League to ruin that with the movie coming out. I can't wait not to see his grounded, street level take on them.

Having said that... He's a professional making his money even if I dislike his signature stylistic choices. Good luck to him.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Wish him the best of Luck. I only read his Jessica Jones so not a huge loss to me. Never was a fan of any of his team books but he didn't completely shy away from diversity like a lot of marvel writers so that part will be missed.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Good riddance. I'm scared for Selina and Bruce though. Also the future brotherhood and the O5 can finally go back. And yes those two things are related it's about appeasement.
    He's gonna trash Professor Pyg.

And hopefully the end of decompressed issues.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExodusCloak View Post
    Good riddance. I'm scared for Selina and Bruce though. Also the future brotherhood and the O5 can finally go back. And yes those two things are related it's about appeasement.
    He's gonna trash Professor Pyg.

And hopefully the end of decompressed issues.
    Bendis hasn't had anything to do with the O5 for years now.
    They ain't going away because he is

Quote Originally Posted by TitanMax View Post
    Bendis hasn't had anything to do with the O5 for years now.
    They ain't going away because he is
    He doesn't have to just being Marvel's A-list story teller and crossover king means they have to appease him. And they have appeased him. Maybe Morrison can come back to Marvel

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    DC will probably put him on Justice League to ruin that with the movie coming out. I can't wait not to see his grounded, street level take on them.

Having said that... He's a professional making his money even if I dislike his signature stylistic choices. Good luck to him.
    Priest is on JL until he gets bored of it.