Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Great news finally we are free of the Bendisverse and Bendis Decompression.

Of course not a fan of him and have good reasons for this but we will not be unfair he created great works in the marvel doing a great job with Daredevil, Jessica Jones and Luke Cage. But the damage he did to some of the characters at events is equally unique and will not be forgotten by many fans.

And one thing we can not deny like it or not he knew how to sell big events at least in that part DC was winning when hiring him.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    eh, a lot of x-fans don't visit the main Marvel forum.. and vice versa.
    The news isn’t exactly X related though

Astonishing Member useridgoeshere's Avatar

Bendis has done everything there is to do at Marvel, so good for him for finding a new sandbox.

And I liked his X-books. Based on sales, so did a lot of people. Yes, they didn't go anywhere in the end, but for awhile he gave them a purpose, I liked the lineups, and they were full of fan service. The O5 were a breath of fresh air and if they've overstayed their welcome or become irrelevant, that's not on him.

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    Why does this need separate thread here?

And I'm seconding ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon. If X-Office wanted the O5 gone, they'd be gone in one issue. Stop blaming Bendis for the current mess.
    Some think that way because Bendis had a lot of freedom within marvel and sometimes more power than editors on some occasions.

BANNED

I praise you comic gods. Your praises will last for months. I am just glad he's gone. Let DC handle that mess.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by useridgoeshere View Post
    Bendis has done everything there is to do at Marvel, so good for him for finding a new sandbox.

And I liked his X-books. Based on sales, so did a lot of people. Yes, they didn't go anywhere in the end, but for awhile he gave them a purpose, I liked the lineups, and they were full of fan service. The O5 were a breath of fresh air and if they've overstayed their welcome or become irrelevant, that's not on him.
    No, the very concept of bringing them was a dumb idea.

I actually thought that he had a promising start on both All New and Uncanny back when he took over and was then shocked at how quickly and how far it went downhill. Over the last few years due to the state of the X-Books I now buy more DC in trades than I do Marvel and I hope to God that they keep him away from the Bat-Family...though I could see him trying to get his paws on Dick and Babs.

Astonishing Member

I am pretty sure Bendis X-Men sold worse than Gillen Uncanny and Aaron Wolverine & the X-Men

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PSJ View Post
    with Bendis gone i can see the 05 going back
    O5 ain't going back just because Bendis is leaving Marvel. They had the opportunity to throw them away around Secret Wars 3 and it didn't go down.

Bendis may have ***ed things up but he brought Laura back after Dennis the Hopeless Menace misplaced her (and he created Tempus).

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    The news isn’t exactly X related though
    He was the architect of everything X-Men for a decent period of time.. his biggest impressions on the franchise are still running around. I think it's okay that it's here.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Bendis may have ***ed things up but he brought Laura back after Dennis the Hopeless Menace misplaced her (and he created Tempus).
    Bendis's depiction of Laura was awful, and while Hopeless's depiction of her in arena was not great, it was within acceptable margin of error.

It would have been better for her to have just been in nothing for awhile.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Astonishing Member Askani's Flame's Avatar

It will be a nice change of pace with Bendis leaving for overall stories for Marvel. His style and writing, while efficient and great in some books and events, hampered and bogged us all down with plots and characters that make my eyes hurt from all the rolling they have done.

I agree with those posters reminding others that it's Marvel and the editors that brought and are keeping the 05 in this timeline. They filled a niche for beloved characters that are also teens (because clearly the X-Men have no teenagers in their ranks....). With adult JG coming back, it might be an opportunity to send them packing, but the success of teen Jean and Cyclops (since he's also in Champions) make it unlikely they will be going anywhere immediately. Down the line, sure, but not now.

Unglaublich!

Quote Originally Posted by WeaponX View Post
    If I had the time I’d stretch this fair well post across six issues of nothing but talking or eating then rush to get in all my goodbye ideas into the last issue and forget to say goodbye at the end.
    And today's Winner of the Internet is.... ^^^^

As for Bendis leaving, seems like Christmas came early to my house this year!

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    Bendis's depiction of Laura was awful, and while Hopeless's depiction of her in arena was not great, it was within acceptable margin of error.

It would have been better for her to have just been in nothing for awhile.
    Well, Bendis has this habit of making characters act the way he wants them and not how they should. His prerogative as a writer, a professional, published, writer but it hardly shows respect for continuity or the work of the previous writer. Sometimes that's necessary, to ignore some aspects of an earlier run to be able to tell the story you want to tell, but more often than not, he mangles and twists characterizations to make them more pliable to his narative. Then theres the whole killing and maming thing for the sheer shock of it, that I cannot abide by.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenix Avatar View Post
    Hopefully this means the O5 are gone for good.
    Yes! Here's hoping we get back to having one of each character in the 616.