Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I want Storm to stay in Xmen Gold, unless she joins the uncanny avengers.
    I don't want her in GOLD. I want her to join her sister Jean in the rumored Uncanny while having her own solo. I'm guessing Coates will keep having her guest star in Black Panther as well...

Quote Originally Posted by Askani's Flame View Post
    Is that Blue Marvel in the preview? Nice to see him show up.
    It is, and it looks like he's working with AIM (who are good guys now, see U.S.Avengers).

Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    i posted this in storm thread a while back.

You guys beat me to the punch but here are some things that caught my eye:

X-MEN GOLD #19MARC GUGGENHEIM (W) • KEN LASHLEY (A/C)THE NEGATIVE ZONE WAR Part 4The X-Men fight a god. (No, really.) Can the X-Men defeat a god with the fate of an entire world hanging in the balance? What are the X-Men willing to sacrifice to save a planet?

X-MEN GOLD #20MARC GUGGENHEIM (W) • LAN MEDINA (A)Cover by KEN LASHLEYTHE NEGATIVE ZONE WAR Part 5The X-Men’s victory against the might of Scythian has come at a cost…which might kill them all! How can the X-Men survive on a barren planet? You DO NOT want to miss the status quo-altering final page!32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Storm is shown as the last one standing and they fight a god bases upon the solicit. Is Guggenheim gonna tie in what Coates has done in his book, showing Storm use divine power to beat a God? Guggenheim for the love of the Goddess don't f@ck it up!!

well I'm not sure but ultimately whatever the reason I want her gone.
    That is a beautiful cover. I hope he does something good for Storm because we have been waiting for 19 issues.

BANNED

Really couldn't care less about Kologoth. I hate that he got an entire issue when most members of the team aren't even used.

So following Mojo Worldwide (issue #16), the team are down a couple members- Kitty, Rachel, and Kurt based on the cover. So in their absence, we have Armor and Ink filling the void. I'm happy that Armor is being used but I wish it was somewhere else. And I'm not at all surprised Gugs used his pet character Ink.

I hope the member leaving in Issue #21 is Storm. Not only is she probably a member of the speculated Uncanny X-Men revival, but she also has a solo coming. There's not really any reason to keep her in Gold. Praise the goddess. I wish Nightcrawler and Colossus get out from under Guggenheim's thumb (pen?) too, but they might be stuck there, at least for the time being. I wonder if this means Armor and/or Ink will become full-fledged members of the team.

And lastly, I'm glad the rest of the introduced Brotherhood of Mutants are getting addressed. Who the hell were the Avalanche and Pyro mimicries? That's all I need to know.

When I read #12, I saw elements of both Thanos and Magneto in Kologoth.

He definitely has some megalomaniacal elements to him. With Kologoth, I’m trying to write a character that’s classically evil in that Magneto or Thanos vein, but underneath all that malevolence is this tragic backstory. He’s really driven by this original sin of his parents casting him out when he was a baby. He’s been a real fun character to deal with, and you haven’t seen the last of Kologoth. We will dig deeper into his psyche, such as it is, in subsequent issues.
    Magneto is not "classic evil." So Kologoth is contrasted to Magneto because Kologoth has a sympathetic backstory, and the writer can "dig deeper"? What?!? Magneto and Thanos are completely different antagonists. The question is stupid, and the answer is--I don't know (I really like Guggenheim)--wanking the Magneto haters who might give him a job? I spend a lot of money on X-MEN GOLD, and I read Mr. Guggenheim's comics, so I don't appreciate this ignorant approach to Mags.

Going back to what you said earlier, this next arc with Kologoth, “The Negative Zone War,” is meant to evoke the space opera style feel of those classic X-Men in space stories?

Exactly. I feel that the X-Men, especially under Chris Claremont, had a variety of genres and stories that they would find themselves in. Certainly some of the best stories in my opinion were these space ones. I’m a big fan of the Brood saga. So I’ve wanted to put my own sort of spin on that thing. Because I don’t think there’s any virtue or benefit in trying to top whatever Chris did.
    X-Men space stories are among my favorites too. Love his Claremont referencing. And I'm looking forward to the Negative Zone arc. I'm just worried he'll go too hard on Kitty and Rachel, but we'll see. (I mean, like a reaction-formation. I don't mind his Kitty Pryde-love, a number of fans say she's too prominent in GOLD, but I don't want to see Kitty buried completely.)

What can you tell us about the lineup of characters that you’ll focus on in this next arc? Will you have a new lineup coming out of “Mojo Worldwide?”

We’ll have the standard lineup with a few twists. Basically, because of the events of Issue #16 the X-Men are down a couple of members. I don’t want to say too much about that, but you can tell who’s down by process of elimination on the cover of #16. So because they have some members in dire straits it behooves the X-Men to add some more people to their roster and I chose Armor from Joss Whedon’s Astonishing X-Men run, who I really love. I also chose Ink, a character I created. So I’m admittedly being a little selfish, and showing a bit of creative nepotism in employing Ink from my Young X-Men run. It’s fun to mix some new faces in with the now established X-Men Gold lineup because it creates some new opportunities.

Also expect to see some major moves in terms of Rachel, Kitty and Peter’s characters. They all come out of this Negative Zone arc fundamentally changed.
    So, a character is leaving, the line up is changing, but there will also be a change in the behavior of the characters? Or the character dynamics? Not sure what he means here. I'd love to see Piotr cheat on Pryde again--once Piotr's out in space, among alien beauties, he seems to have a problem remembering Katya.

The more soap opera love entanglements, relationship problems, and emotional personal interactions the better.

I am looking forward to X-MEN GOLD for the next year.

The current X Books are so repetitive and boring. Im sooooo bored. I dont care about the current team. Im zero excited about what is going to happen. They are not worth my money and my time. The worst X Men stories since I started reading the X Men so many years ago. Pathetic X Office. Shame on them.
    Primum vivere deindre philosophare

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by StephenFoxMonster View Post
    That is a beautiful cover. I hope he does something good for Storm because we have been waiting for 19 issues.
    Please, you will be waiting for another 20 if you are waiting for Guggenheim. He can't write her, never has been able to.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StephenFoxMonster View Post
    i don't see him doing anything good with her honestly. the fact that they are fighting a god may indicate thar storm would tap into her divine powers to defeat the gid, but that would require Guggenheim to follow what has been going on in Coates bp book which we know isn't happening. at best I think she somehow drips the ball kitty saves the say and she decides she needs to move on from being an xmen after seeing kitty doesn't need her there.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Rivka View Post
    Magneto is not "classic evil." So Kologoth is contrasted to Magneto because Kologoth has a sympathetic backstory, and the writer can "dig deeper"? What?!? Magneto and Thanos are completely different antagonists. The question is stupid, and the answer is--I don't know (I really like Guggenheim)--wanking the Magneto haters who might give him a job? I spend a lot of money on X-MEN GOLD, and I read Mr. Guggenheim's comics, so I don't appreciate this ignorant approach to Mags.
    Quite frankly I think it's offensive that Guggenheim thinks Magneto is similar to a character he clearly based on Nazis.

Quote Originally Posted by Maestroneto View Post
    Quite frankly I think it's offensive that Guggenheim thinks Magneto is similar to a character he clearly based on Nazis.
    AND to imply he doesn't have a tragic backseat as if the f*cking H O L O C A U S T wasn't tragic enough for him. God, I can't wait until he leaves. I don't see how people hold this run in a higher regard than Lemire's Extraordinary.

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    AND to imply he doesn't have a tragic backseat as if the f*cking H O L O C A U S T wasn't tragic enough for him. God, I can't wait until he leaves. I don't see how people hold this run in a higher regard than Lemire's Extraordinary.
    It's kinda funny when you remember that Guggenheim is Jewish himself. Like, c'mon man.

Quote Originally Posted by bigstupidjellyfish View Post
    It's kinda funny when you remember that Guggenheim is Jewish himself. Like, c'mon man.
    How does he make such a colossal screwup over a Jewish character who bases his ideal around not wanting the mutant race to go through what happened to Jewish people. After Genosha, Decimation, and IvX, someone calling him "classic evil" is beyond disgusting.