View Poll Results: Should Bendis take on a Gotham title?

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

54 35.29%
  • no

57 37.25%
  • maybe, depends

42 27.45%

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Should Bendis take on a Gotham title?

So Brian is now DC exclusive but no announcements yet about what he is actually taking on.

He may not be everyone's cup of tea, he is pretty take it or leave it depending on the title and content for me, but I think his solid work comes from street level heroes, things like Alias and his Daredevil run come to mind. I think to me that's what stands out amongst his work.

The dude can write like 4 titles at a time, and if he's passionate about it I can see him approaching a Gotham title if he wanted.

I'm just curious, does anyone think he could fit into the Gotham titles or concept? Idk at the moment because I don't even know how he would a approach a DC title.

Yes, Daredevil and Ultimate Spider-Man are IMO his best superhero work.

Batman, Nightwing, and Tim Drake solos would all be in his wheelhouse. Or perhaps something like Gotham Central?

There's a lot of DC properties I don't want him writing, but I especially don't want him near anything Gotham-related.
    Mega fan of: Helena Bertinelli (pre-52), Batwoman, Birds of Prey, Guardians of the Galaxy, Secret Six
    Fan of: Batman, Cassandra Cain, Wonder Woman, Silk, Stephanie Brown, Captain America, Hellcat, Renee Montoya, Gotham Central, King Shark
    Quasi-Fan of: Aquaman, Midnighter, Superman, Catwoman, Nightwing, Green Arrow, Squadron Supreme, Red Hood

Other likes: Low, Hush, Arkham Asylum: ASHoSE, Watchmen, A-Force, Bombshells, Grayson, Unfollow

Team Cap (both Rogers and Danvers)

Maybe a Street-Level GCPD title about Bullock, Montoya and Jim. Or the Question.

Update: I've had an idea for the GCPD Series, maybe Jim, Harvey and Rene solving the Crimes that occur and Batman doesnt get to
    Last edited by Denirac; 11-07-2017 at 02:26 PM.

I feel like Gotham is too much like his normal niche for him not to write a book there but I can't say I want to see him writing any of the main Batfamily.

I don't follow Marvel books, save a few trades when they are on sale on Comixology. What's the problem with this Bendis guy? The reaction from DC fans are overwhelmingly negative, at least on my social media. His arrival at DC is being treated with the same enthusiasm you might expect from an outbreak of Ebola. Anyone care to fill me in?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    Yes, Daredevil and Ultimate Spider-Man are IMO his best superhero work.

Batman, Nightwing, and Tim Drake solos would all be in his wheelhouse. Or perhaps something like Gotham Central?
    Tim drake solo? isnr he an ensemble guy

Anyway a revamped BOP would be nice let cases and step stretch their legs under babes would be nice

Put him on Damian Wayne, that's his sink or swim moment for me :P
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    Put him on Damian Wayne, that's his sink or swim moment for me :P
    I would be okay with this but how much does Bendis know about the current Batfamily? Or even DC continuity as a whole? Someone mentioned this in Cass thread I don't he knows who she is. I don't think he knows who Stephanie Brown is.

Quote Originally Posted by reni344 View Post
    I would be okay with this but how much does Bendis know about the current Batfamily? Or even DC continuity as a whole? Someone mentioned this in Cass thread I don't he knows who she is. I don't think he knows who Stephanie Brown is.
    not much i reckon but i have faith in him.
    #MAKEBENDISGREATAGAIN
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)