View Poll Results: Should Bendis take on a Gotham title?

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

54 35.29%
  • no

57 37.25%
  • maybe, depends

42 27.45%
Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Noticing a lot of Superman, Batman, Geoff Johns work. No Wonder Woman, just an observation but not indicative of future titles. But I could see him on Justice League and a solo title of his choice to make a passion project.

The dude does take on the more not as well established or defined characters and then makes them relevant. ^^^And I agree. Some of the female solos need some work.

Well he's terrible at teams and event books and he's good at noir/street level characters.

I think Gotham books are probably the only ones he should be allowed to write.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

If it were non-Bruce, I'd give him a shot. Then if he did well there, I'd consider giving him a Bruce-related title.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Amazing Member

I wouldn't mind him on a batbook but there's just to many already

GOTHAM CITY SIRENS BY BRIAN BENDIS

Make it happen. I'm one of the few fans who liked what he was trying with Emma Frost so I'd definitely like to see what he does with the Sirens, Ivy and Harley in particular.

Maybe he can bring back the Sporelings from Ivy's mini and make them Pam's equivalent of the Cuckoos.

Last edited by Confuzzled; 11-08-2017 at 09:07 AM.

Bendis showed us his reading material for DC, the only major Gotham title there is Central so that could well mean a revival of that, other than that lots of Legion, JSA, Green Lantern and Superman.
    From his Instagram:
    IMG_2781.jpg

Today he talked about ANNOUNCEMENTS, not only 1... Superman seems one of the most obvious:

Attachment 57643

The Denirac image(that I saw previously) was a warning about this..
    Last edited by adrikito; 11-10-2017 at 08:05 AM.

This is stupid... Everyone can understand that Batman is not invencible.. One list of characters that can win against batman...

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/11...s-beat-batman/

------- Opinion of Bendis of two users in Bleedingcool---------

https://www.bleedingcool.com/2017/11...vel-dc-comics/

1 USER.
    . Also, I look forward to DC comics reading like this:

-What do you mean Bendis' dialogue is annoying?
    -It's annoying.
    -How is it annoying?
    -It just is.
    -So it's little back and forths like this?
    -Just like this.
    -That is annoying.
    -Yup.
    -Does he fill whole pages with this dialogue?
    -Whole pages.
    -This feels like cheap filler.
    -Yep.
    -Are all his books like this?
    -Every one.

-And people still like his stuf?
    -Dude, they love his stuff.
    -Really?
    -Yep, love it.

USER 2.. Don't hate me, but this is literally Tom King.

-------

ANOTHER KING OR WORST.... I WILL BE OUT OF HIS COMICS BEFORE 10 ISSUES..
    Last edited by adrikito; 11-10-2017 at 02:19 PM.

Sure, could be interesting given his raw talent and history.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Extraordinary Member

A book with any of the teenage characters could do very well. His X-Men and Avengers work was hit and miss, but his Ultimate Spider-Man was amazing, his new X-Kids are my favorite 'student X-Men team' since the original New Mutants, he created Jessica Jones and his work on Daredevil was the basis for the hit Netflix Daredevil series. His Magik alone made his Uncanny X-Men run worth it for me.

If he's given a solo, street level book he could well put out one of the best books DC's seen in years. If he's put on a team book like Justice League it'll probably be mediocre with some characters handled well and others not.

Yeah he would absolutely thrive in the Gotham titles over Justice League stuff. His solo title works are always a highlight for me. I could also maybe see him do Outsiders or Doom Patrol. Maybe give him a go at Misfit cause she's been absent for too long.

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    A book with any of the teenage characters could do very well. His X-Men and Avengers work was hit and miss, but his Ultimate Spider-Man was amazing, his new X-Kids are my favorite 'student X-Men team' since the original New Mutants, he created Jessica Jones and his work on Daredevil was the basis for the hit Netflix Daredevil series. His Magik alone made his Uncanny X-Men run worth it for me.

If he's given a solo, street level book he could well put out one of the best books DC's seen in years. If he's put on a team book like Justice League it'll probably be mediocre with some characters handled well and others not.
    I agree about his student X-Men. X-fans are very territorial and it's not often newbie characters stick with fans longterm, but his X-kids actually turned out decent, they're forgotten now though in the current climate, but his X-kids were probably the best in years. He gave the Cuckoos there own personalities so I gotta give him props from making them different over mini mean girls. And he did a great Magik too. If he creates new DC characters I have a feeling they would probably stick.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Today is the first time that I heard about him... and many people talking bad about him? NOTHING GOOD, I hope not see him with my favorite characters..

DIVISIVE...... NO...

and seems that the Batfamily is the kind of characters that you can see him.... WHY? Why he is in DC?
    To be fair, Bendis is also responsible for a lot of acclaimed work. As many have pointed out, his Daredevil run is regarded as one of the best runs of all time on the title. People shouldn’t be quick to judgment without reading what he’s done in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    To be fair, Bendis is also responsible for a lot of acclaimed work. As many have pointed out, his Daredevil run is regarded as one of the best runs of all time on the title. People shouldn’t be quick to judgment without reading what he’s done in the past.
    I've read a lot of Bendis' work in the past.

It's why I know about enough of his issues to have some apprehension about the books DC might possibly put him on.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I've read a lot of Bendis' work in the past.

It's why I know about enough of his issues to have some apprehension about the books DC might possibly put him on.
    I’m more so talking about people who, admittedly haven’t read anything from him, but are just rushing to judgment. I’ve read Bendis stuff I really liked and some stuff I didn’t like. But in general, I think the tone he brings to his work is something that the DCU has been missing for quite some time now.
    Last edited by Green Goblin of Sector 2814; 11-14-2017 at 10:54 AM.