View Poll Results: Should Bendis take on a Gotham title?

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

54 35.29%
  • no

57 37.25%
  • maybe, depends

42 27.45%
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

I could actually see him writing Harley.

I haven't liked his recent work, especially his X-Men stuff, but I can't see DC not putting him on Batman eventually because he is a big name in the industry still. I don't see him writing any of the lower tier Batman family titles as DC doesn't tend to put big name talent on them, but I think Bendis will work over in the JL books probably then move to Batman once King's run is winding down.

Yes, Nightwing. Scratch that, Batgirl. Put him on Batgirl.
    Last edited by Godlike13; 11-07-2017 at 02:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Nightwing View Post
    I don't follow Marvel books, save a few trades when they are on sale on Comixology. What's the problem with this Bendis guy? The reaction from DC fans are overwhelmingly negative, at least on my social media. His arrival at DC is being treated with the same enthusiasm you might expect from an outbreak of Ebola. Anyone care to fill me in?
    You have to read his work for yourself. He's one of those writers that got really popular, and the more mainstream work he did the more people started to come out to tell everybody how awful he is. Same thing happened with Snyder, same things happening with King. Some of his stuff is quite good, some not so much, but he's a big time time writer that can get away with doing big time things. And he puts that to use.

Mighty Member

I think I would cry if Bendis wrote anyone I liked.

Quote Originally Posted by Godlike13 View Post
    Yes, Nightwing. Scratch that, Batgirl. Put him on Batgirl.
    I could see him writing Babs like he wrote Kitty in All-New X-Men.

Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.

Incredible Member

Well street level is more his strength, and he has shown he can write teenage heroes just fine or grittier stuff. And Gotham does have both of those available in the forms of many teenage heroes, the GCPD/Gotham Central, Huntress, Jason, and Batman himself. If an editor can make him stop the bendisspeak and compress his work, he might do okay. And he does usually have fantastic artists.

I'd rather other writers be on it, but if he could write something okay and have great art, I'd probably read it.

Write Catwoman. She needs her own book again. And if he isn't good with teams and is good at street level characters, Catwoman is a perfect match.

Should Bendis take on a Gotham title?

Mr. "anybody can beat Batman and hear is my list of all the people who can beat Batman" Bendis?

Um, no. Hell no. This is an article from 2016. I know that some sites are re-publishing that list but I remember last year when he first printed the list on his blog:

https://www.geek.com/comics/brian-mi...atman-1653423/

Quote Originally Posted by Osiris-Rex View Post
    Write Catwoman. She needs her own book again. And if he isn't good with teams and is good at street level characters, Catwoman is a perfect match.
    Now, yes he would be good with writing Catwoman. I will agree with you, plus he wouldn't mind the status quo of her being with Batman. Meaning, it wouldn't bother him because he going to write her fiercely, whether she's a thief, anti-hero, the new Mayor or a Bread maker.

But he definitely would write Catwoman because she is on his list of people who can "beat Batman", LOL!

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    Now, yes he would be good with writing Catwoman. I will agree with you, plus he wouldn't mind the status quo of her being with Batman. Meaning, it wouldn't bother him because he going to write her fiercely, whether she's a thief, anti-hero, the new Mayor or a Bread maker.

But he definitely would write Catwoman because she is on his list of people who can "beat Batman", LOL!
    Catwoman beating Batman > BatGod imo

No, can you imagine how bad some of the threads will get when all the robins sound off because they all speak exactly the same?

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Have you seen that list Sakuyamons? I mean, he got ALL the Robins on there, ALL the Batgirls, Wolverine, Shadowcat, Black Cat, Black Panther, Black Canary, LOL!

He even put all the Blue Beetles and Zatanna on the list. I mean he got like over 50 names on that list.

I get where he was going with it BUT this is not somebody that you would want on a Bat book.

Quote Originally Posted by sakuyamons View Post
    Well, I think "Catwoman outwits Batman" would be more accurate .
    Quote Originally Posted by Panfoot View Post
    No, can you imagine how bad some of the threads will get when all the robins sound off because they all speak exactly the same?
    I'm not even crazy about how King writes the Robins, but I don't think Bendis would be much better.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Alycat View Post
    I think I would cry if Bendis wrote anyone I liked.
    I feel the same way. I hear people list Jason, Tim and Batman as books he should write. No. I already have enough problems with how certain writers handle these characters I don't want Bendis writing them too.