View Poll Results: Should Bendis take on a Gotham title?

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

54 35.29%
  • no

57 37.25%
  • maybe, depends

42 27.45%
Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

I don't think He's a good fit for Gotham stories. He seems to work better when he's writing things that are just starting out or have a more light hearted feel.

Incredible Member

Put him on Batman. He would have to do better than King. He does street level books well. He could actually write a Robin to go along side Batman and he wouldn’t be so damn whiny. It would be good to get a Batman series that actually made some sense.

I voted "maybe, depends"

It is really just that
    I dont think he will be on any main Batman titles(Batman/DC) any time soon, nothing would indicate that so if he is going to write Batman then it has to be a 3rd Batman title A la Snyder's All-star Batman

BUT
    I dont think that would be the case
    It would run the risk of eclipsing Kings run, or on the other hand King would eclipse Bendis run

alternatively he can write a different book
    I see people suggesting Nightwing but it has a major problem, Nightwing is just changing writers, it is very unlikely that they are booting the new guy for Bendis, not that DC hasnt done something like this before, the did it a lot during the first year of New 52 but it is very unlikely to happen now.

on the other hand a more insular title like a new Tim Drake book or a Gotham Central book would be great but he is too high profile to go like that.
    I will say that if he writes a Gotham Central book it will be only because he is already writing another 2 high profile books

Incredible Member

Kings run needs to be eclipsed and forgotten. Let’s just pretend it was a bad dream where Batman did a bunch of shot that didn’t make sense while whining about any and everything and having his soon to be wife shoot horses. And he can get rid of that stupid Cat and Bat ****.

Gotham central or a Renee question book with Alex Maleev plz I think he’d do an amazing job on either book. I wouldn’t mind him on detective comics if he wrote it like a noir-ish investigation story book.

Actually, you know what I could see working? A Gotham underworld book, dealing with the seedy underbelly and corruption of Gotham City, with a cast of villains. I’d kill to see that.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by WhipWhirlwind View Post
    Yes, Daredevil and Ultimate Spider-Man are IMO his best superhero work.

Batman, Nightwing, and Tim Drake solos would all be in his wheelhouse. Or perhaps something like Gotham Central?
    Tim drake solo? isnr he an ensemble guy

Anyway a revamped BOP would be nice let cases and step stretch their legs under babes would be nice

Put him on Damian Wayne, that's his sink or swim moment for me :P
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    I would be okay with this but how much does Bendis know about the current Batfamily? Or even DC continuity as a whole? Someone mentioned this in Cass thread I don't he knows who she is. I don't think he knows who Stephanie Brown is.

Quote Originally Posted by WontonGirl View Post
    Have you seen that list Sakuyamons? I mean, he got ALL the Robins on there, ALL the Batgirls, Wolverine, Shadowcat, Black Cat, Black Panther, Black Canary, LOL!

He even put all the Blue Beetles and Zatanna on the list. I mean he got like over 50 names on that list.

I get where he was going with it BUT this is not somebody that you would want on a Bat book.
    How could you not see that he was joking?

I mean he’s got Bob From Hydra on there! Tina Fey!

As most know, Bendis can’t get into characters voices. They all sound the same. His stories are about nothing, easily forgettable fluff, designed only to lead to the next issue. There rarely is a beginning, middle and end. I can’t think of a single consistent theme.

Fortunately for him, he got some amazing artists to work on his books, from Powers to X-Men

Quote Originally Posted by reni344 View Post
    I would be okay with this but how much does Bendis know about the current Batfamily? Or even DC continuity as a whole? Someone mentioned this in Cass thread I don't he knows who she is. I don't think he knows who Stephanie Brown is.
    not much i reckon but i have faith in him.
    #MAKEBENDISGREATAGAIN
    What we used to call life has very little worth these days. Welcome to the very edge.
    --Prince Namor (Earth-616)

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Spoiler solo series 'nuff said

That list of who can beat batman was a copy and paste job. He was trolling. I don't think it holds any insight to his views on Batman.

He regularly collabs with some of the best artists so I hope he poaches them too because I want Maleev so badly.

I could easily see him on Teen Titans or something, but with the V3 Titans in particular now that Tim is back.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I could see him writing Babs like he wrote Kitty in All-New X-Men.

Which isn't necessarily a bad thing.
    I quite liked his Kitty. I wouldn't be surprised if he takes on Babs at some point. When a movie comes out I've noticed he has the titles associated with the characters like Guardians etc so Batgirl could follow suit at some point, but not saying he'll follow the formula for DC as he did for Marvel....Anyways his Kitty stepping up into the leader role with the O5 was something I enjoyed about that run.
    Last edited by RedQueen; 11-07-2017 at 11:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    NEVER... Teen Titans is bad for him and the opposite case in Supersons..

Quote Originally Posted by charliehustle415 View Post
    Spoiler solo series 'nuff said
    Because I like Spoiler and I need see her Happy again, I prefer her in detective comics, with Spoiler boyfriend here again.. Not with this man with BAD REPUTATION..
    Quote Originally Posted by ChaosIncarnate View Post
    Gotham central or a Renee question book with Alex Maleev plz I think he’d do an amazing job on either book. I wouldn’t mind him on detective comics if he wrote it like a noir-ish investigation story book.
    Seems that he is learning about Gotham Central.. WHAT IS GOTHAM CENTRAL? Zero year is the zero year of batman... no? bendis instagram..

https://www.instagram.com/p/BbOEeq9hDHM/
    Last edited by adrikito; 11-08-2017 at 02:27 AM.

Seeing as he's partnering with Synder we know that he's doing Batman for certain. Wonder what the project will be?

https://mobile.twitter.com/Ssnyder18...18571522465792

lhewho

Man has a point. His wheelhouse is the disenfranchised and gender biased. 👆👆 DC needs some work on female protagonists.