View Poll Results: Should Bendis take on a Gotham title?

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

54 35.29%
  • no

57 37.25%
  • maybe, depends

42 27.45%
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

I already don't care for the Super line right now, and only slog through it to keep an eye on crossover events. I'd rather he not take up any Bat titles.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    I already don't care for the Super line right now, and only slog through it to keep an eye on crossover events. I'd rather he not take up any Bat titles.
    Just my opinion, but I've always considered Bendis over-rated. Again, just my opinion.

Hell, no! He's gonna ruin a DC character at some point, mark my words.

Yes. I think he would be perfect for a book like Detective Comics or a new Gotham Central series.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Quote Originally Posted by Deku View Post
    Yes. I think he would be perfect for a book like Detective Comics or a new Gotham Central series.
    I don't quite know if reviving Gotham Central itself for Bendis would be a good idea (may tarnish the name of that book if Bendis doesn't work), but you could instead go with a new Streets of Gotham book where the GCPD could be frequently seen/featured.

BANNED

I think he would a much better writer than King and his solo comics like Alias , Daredevil , Pulse comics series were really good .
    Honestly he was really a good team book writer before 2010's , his Dark Avengers and New Avengers are one of my favorite comic series . He would be good writer for Detective Comics or Batman solo comics and maybe his Gotham comics will also be good .

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I don't quite know if reviving Gotham Central itself for Bendis would be a good idea (may tarnish the name of that book if Bendis doesn't work), but you could instead go with a new Streets of Gotham book where the GCPD could be frequently seen/featured.
    It's a different run, so I don't see how it would tarnish the name of the book. I think if it did not work out, fans would separate Bendis' run from the previous series and judge both separately.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Let me re-iterate after the latest Action Comics issue;
    HELL no, I don't want him on it.

Bendis would ship Damian off to "learn" from R'as while Bendis "modernizes" Bruce's relationships.

BANNED

Bendis should write Batman after Tom King.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurz View Post
    I might even prefer Bendis to IMMEDIATELY REPLACE KING on Batman, and I'm not a big fan of Bendis' writing.

(Or maybe they could get Tony Daniel back as the writer?)

Pass. He's have Batman saying something like, "Golly gee willickers, Commish! That laughing guy is kind of scary!" And have Bruce ship Jason off to be "mentored" by Joker. While chained up. And Damian off to R'as.

BANNED

I might even prefer Bendis to IMMEDIATELY REPLACE KING on Batman, and I'm not a big fan of Bendis' writing.

(Or maybe they could get Tony Daniel back as the writer?)
    God no please... No Tony Daniel, his writing is terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Pass. He's have Batman saying something like, "Golly gee willickers, Commish! That laughing guy is kind of scary!" And have Bruce ship Jason off to be "mentored" by Joker. While chained up. And Damian off to R'as.
    No, he wouldn't do such things. Did you read his Daredevil ? It's extraordinary. The guy was born to write graounded dark street level character which is what Batman is.

But I honestly would enjoy it more than I do King's "writing".

BANNED

But I honestly would enjoy it more than I do King's "writing".
    I haven't read King yet, i get my deluxes and put them aside for now 'cause i need to finish my Snyder books first. But i don't think that King is as bad as Daniel, otherwise, DC wouldn't keep him on the Bat title for this long.

No, he wouldn't do such things. Did you read his Daredevil ? It's extraordinary. The guy was born to write graounded dark street level character which is what Batman is.
    The guy literally had Superman's 10 year old son go with Jor-El to "learn his heritage", when the last time we saw Jor-El, the guy had orchestrated the deaths of thousands of people world wide. Lois WAS with him. Until now. Leaving Jon alone with the guy. And that's not even getting into the relationship stuff between Lois and Clark now.

So yeah. Hard pass.