View Poll Results: Should Bendis take on a Gotham title?

Voters
153. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

54 35.29%
  • no

57 37.25%
  • maybe, depends

42 27.45%
Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jackalope89 View Post
    Nope. Allow me to post what other people wrote about the whole thing so far;

These are only a few of the posts about it.
    Thanks for filling me in. She sounds even worse now than in the 50's and 60's. I was so disgusted with her back then when I was a kid that I've never been interested in her at all, don't think I'm going to go there now.

Quote Originally Posted by oasis1313 View Post
    Thanks for filling me in. She sounds even worse now than in the 50's and 60's. I was so disgusted with her back then when I was a kid that I've never been interested in her at all, don't think I'm going to go there now.
    In Rebirth, she was pretty good. A real mama bear when it came to protecting her Kryptonians.

BANNED

In Rebirth, she was pretty good. A real mama bear when it came to protecting her Kryptonians.
    That would have been nice. So now the company idea of improving on things is to have her mistreating Clark? I've joked before about widower Paul McCartney finding the only woman in the world who wouldn't treat him like Paul McCartney. It seems inconceivable that any woman who has landed herself a godlike being like Superman would ever cheat on him. How could a mere Earth man compare? This sort of thing looks like it's leading up to Superman in Divorce Court (More Drama!!!!! More Angst!!!!!). Ugh.

That would have been nice. So now the company idea of improving on things is to have her mistreating Clark? I've joked before about widower Paul McCartney finding the only woman in the world who wouldn't treat him like Paul McCartney. It seems inconceivable that any woman who has landed herself a godlike being like Superman would ever cheat on him. How could a mere Earth man compare? This sort of thing looks like it's leading up to Superman in Divorce Court (More Drama!!!!! More Angst!!!!!). Ugh.
    Yeah. I went into the Bendis run having never read anything of his before. Heard a few things, both ways. How he had amazing runs, and runs where characters were BADLY out of character.

This has been spinning more and more into the latter, particularly for Lois.

I was really loving her in pre-Bendis Rebirth, it was cool to see her evolve into a mom, but still retain her personality and work ethic. I loved seeing her and Clark in a different stage of life than we've seen them in before, 10+ years of marriage and parenthood. So it super sucks if all of that seems to be going into the trash bin now. Maybe there will turn out to be a convoluted explanation for her behavior, but Clark being not mad is a big problem.

I mean, all that said, I still wouldn't mind if Bendis did a title with Cass in it because...at least it's more Cass lol. (And a part of me keeps thinking, 'How can you possibly get Cass wrong?')

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by babybats View Post
    I was really loving her in pre-Bendis Rebirth, it was cool to see her evolve into a mom, but still retain her personality and work ethic. I loved seeing her and Clark in a different stage of life than we've seen them in before, 10+ years of marriage and parenthood. So it super sucks if all of that seems to be going into the trash bin now. Maybe there will turn out to be a convoluted explanation for her behavior, but Clark being not mad is a big problem.

I mean, all that said, I still wouldn't mind if Bendis did a title with Cass in it because...at least it's more Cass lol. (And a part of me keeps thinking, 'How can you possibly get Cass wrong?')
    She could have Shakesperian dialogue. That would be pretty ruinous for Cass. I've never liked anything Bendis that I ever read and it doesn't look like I'm going to start now.

She could have Shakesperian dialogue. That would be pretty ruinous for Cass. I've never liked anything Bendis that I ever read and it doesn't look like I'm going to start now.
    Cass did do some Shakespeare with Clayface back in Detective Comics to help with her vocabulary and what not. But yeah, I wouldn't want her spouting it all the time.

BANNED

Cass did do some Shakespeare with Clayface back in Detective Comics to help with her vocabulary and what not. But yeah, I wouldn't want her spouting it all the time.
    Oops--they stole my idea. Okay, Bendis could help ruin Cass by turning her into a mall rat.

Oops--they stole my idea. Okay, Bendis could help ruin Cass by turning her into a mall rat.
    *gags* Please not Cass!

Astonishing Member

This might actually be a decent idea. Won't happen because Bendis has no interest in Dick; I think DC will pretty much give him carte blanche to do whatever he wants because he's Bendis.
    I just vehemently want a book where like, Dick enlists Jimmy Olsen and Snapper Carr to uncover the ultimate super secret spy conspiracy.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by K. Jones View Post
    I just vehemently want a book where like, Dick enlists Jimmy Olsen and Snapper Carr to uncover the ultimate super secret spy conspiracy.
    Don't forget about Rick Jones. They could form a boy band, although everyone would make fun of Jimmy's bow ties.

And then he'd just quote another famous bow tie wearer - the Eleventh Doctor.
    Bow ties are cool
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    And then he'd just quote another famous bow tie wearer - the Eleventh Doctor.
    I wonder if Jimmy would get more fan mail than Dick, Rick, and Snapper in that boy band. He'd be like Ringo in the Beatles.

I would say (considering his work in cementing Miles Morales) give him Duke Thomas/Signal on an actually solo ongoing; and keep Batman out of it. Finally get someone that won't sweep him under the rug (Tom King) and has enough clout to actually develop him without tight limits (Tony Patrick). Maybe he'll get Duke in a costume without a fucking bat on his face -_-
    THE SIGNAL (Duke Thomas) is DC's secret shonen protagonist so I made him a fandom wiki

also, check out "The Signal Tape" a Duke Thomas fan project.

currently following:
    • DC: Red Hood: The Hill
    • Marvel: TBD
    • Manga (Shonen/Seinen): One Piece, My Hero, Dandadan, Jujutsu Kaisen, Kaiju No. 8, Reincarnation of The Veteran Soldier, Oblivion Rouge, ORDEAL, The Breaker: Eternal Force

"power does not corrupt, power always reveals."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by lemonpeace View Post
    I would say (considering his work in cementing Miles Morales) give him Duke Thomas/Signal on an actually solo ongoing; and keep Batman out of it. Finally get someone that won't sweep him under the rug (Tom King) and has enough clout to actually develop him without tight limits (Tony Patrick). Maybe he'll get Duke in a costume without a fucking bat on his face -_-
    Bat-Cow has a bat on her face and I'm cool with that.