Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    BANNED

Like to see Dennis Hopeless take a swing at something DC. I mean when people aren't lying, holding Avengers Arena & Avengers Undercover over his head & harassing people that liked those books the guys a good writer with stuff like Spider-Woman & hell I kinda liked most of his X-men work so I could see him take on someone like Catwoman or maybe even Power Girl.

Amazing Member

You know who had an interesting but abrupt run that I would be interested in seeing? Nick Spencer on Jimmy Olsen. Granted this is a different one than he wrote before, Rebirth has been all about bringing back more classic takes on characters.

Astonishing Member

I'd like to see Ewing help shore up DC's cosmic side, but he sells worse than a sack of hammers.

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    At worst PAD is solid as a rock (at least under my expirience), althougth his stuff usually has a slow beggining.
    Interesting. For the PAD runs I've read (Supergirl, X-Factor, Fallen Angel) he seems to start off really strong and then taper off gradually.

Don't know, don't care.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheCape View Post
    At worst PAD is solid as a rock (at least under my expirience), althougth his stuff usually has a slow beggining.
    Based on his writing since X-Force, I feel like age and health issues are really catching with David. He also keeps taking weird shots at groups like the Romani in Europe. DC would do better to focus on new voices who haven't told their best stories yet.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I know you and I have different opinions on many things, but . . . please, DC, don't even consider Fraction!

(His Iron Man run became cumbersome and boring, and while he started strong on Hawkeye, that series just fell apart in the end with the constant delays, alternating issues for story lines, and Fraction even ignoring an important plot point for more than a year!)
    Disagreed. I thought his Hawkeye was fantastic up through the end. And Fraction's still a relatively big name writer and was responsible for some of the most acclaimed runs in at Marvel, not just Iron Man and Hawkeye, but Immortal Iron Fist and FF (not Fantastic Four, Future Foundation) as well. When someone has that many acclaimed runs under his belt, he's obviously more an asset than not.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RolandGunner View Post
    Based on his writing since X-Force, I feel like age and health issues are really catching with David. He also keeps taking weird shots at groups like the Romani in Europe.
    It seems he has always been like that. During his Hulk days, he had a beef with the NAACP/Sharpton/Jackson. It's just that now, it's become more noticeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    When someone has that many acclaimed runs under his belt, he's obviously more an asset than not.
    You say "asset", but I'd leave off the last two letters.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    Disagreed. I thought his Hawkeye was fantastic up through the end. And Fraction's still a relatively big name writer and was responsible for some of the most acclaimed runs in at Marvel, not just Iron Man and Hawkeye, but Immortal Iron Fist and FF (not Fantastic Four, Future Foundation) as well. When someone has that many acclaimed runs under his belt, he's obviously more an asset than not.
    In hindsight, I really dislike what that run ended up doing to Clint Barton's character.

I also hold Fraction partially responsible for Dr. Strange's current characterization issues.

Retired

"Bernstein, these men who were with THE CHRONICLE . . ." (2:40)

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    Comicbook.com are pointing out that Bendis may only be the beginning of DC taking Marvel's talent. Jonathan Hickman seems to be hinting as such with a Photo from Dead Poet Society (The 'O' Captain, My Captain Scene from the end) and since he had lunch with Jim Lee a while ago, it seems Bendis may be the start of a larger exodus.

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/11/07/d...athan-hickman/
    So, nearly a year later, who else from Marvel has committed to switching?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    So, nearly a year later, who else from Marvel has committed to switching?
    G. Willow Wilson (Ms. Marvel) is taking over Wonder Woman and Kelly Sue DeConnick (Captain Marvel) is taking over Aquaman.

That makes three out of the five Super Friends. That's not nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    G. Willow Wilson (Ms. Marvel) is taking over Wonder Woman and Kelly Sue DeConnick (Captain Marvel) is taking over Aquaman.

That makes three out of the five Super Friends. That's not nothing.
    Those two are very recent changes, though. I don't know if that's what the article / the initial post would have been referring to back in November of last year.