Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Will other Marvel Writers move to DC after Bendis?

Comicbook.com are pointing out that Bendis may only be the beginning of DC taking Marvel's talent. Jonathan Hickman seems to be hinting as such with a Photo from Dead Poet Society (The 'O' Captain, My Captain Scene from the end) and since he had lunch with Jim Lee a while ago, it seems Bendis may be the start of a larger exodus.

http://comicbook.com/dc/2017/11/07/d...athan-hickman/

Willow Wilson at DC would be ideal.

I'm not sure how many other writers at Marvel are interested in jumping ship, since they seem to enjoy where they are right now, but I could've said the same thing about Bendis.

Jason Aaron seems set to become Marvel's new main architect so I don't see him going anywhere.

Nick Spencer's been vocal about his displeasure with DC so I don't see him back (I don't think I'd want him to come back anyways).

I'm not really sure about Al Ewing's feelings about DC.

G. Willow Wilson seems pretty set to keep on writing Ms. Marvel.

DC offered Dan Slott a job once upon a time but I'm not sure if that would still be the case now.

Mark Waid's talked about coming back to DC at some point.

Kelly Thompson has stuck me as being much more into Marvel compared to DC.

David Walker already kind of got burned by DC with Cyborg.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm not sure how many other writers at Marvel are interested in jumping ship, since they seem to enjoy where they are right now, but I could've said the same thing about Bendis.

Jason Aaron seems set to become Marvel's new main architect so I don't see him going anywhere.

Nick Spencer's been vocal about his displeasure with DC so I don't see him back (I don't think I'd want him to come back anyways).

I'm not really sure about Al Ewing's feelings about DC.

G. Willow Wilson seems pretty set to keep on writing Ms. Marvel.

DC offered Dan Slott a job once upon a time but I'm not sure if that would still be the case now.

Mark Waid's talked about coming back to DC at some point.

Kelly Thompson has stuck me as being much more into Marvel compared to DC.

David Walker already kind of got burned by DC with Cyborg.
    Mark Waid, I'm sure would come back for a Wally solo or a Superman book.

I could see Dan Slott moving if the series offer was right (I'd possibly like him on Batman Beyond eventually after Jurgens run ends (Which I hope isnt for a long time))

Aaron I think could do really well on Shazam, if given the option

Nick Spencer kinda burned all his bridges with Marvel fans over HYDRA Cap and isnt writing anything at either company currently
    Last edited by Denirac; 11-07-2017 at 04:32 PM.

Is Mark Waid exclusively Marvel? I didn’t know that. I enjoyed his first issue of Captain America.

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    Is Mark Waid exclusively Marvel? I didn’t know that. I enjoyed his first issue of Captain America.
    He also writes Archie iirc.

It sucks to be right BohemiaDrinker's Avatar
    If i was a comic character, my surname would be DaCosta

Quote Originally Posted by FlashFreak View Post
    I don't think he has an exclusivity contract. He just had a pretty bad falling out with Dc back in '07 or '08.
    ConnEr Kent flies. ConnOr Hawke has a bow. Batman's kid is named DamiAn.

To do spoiler tags, use [ spoil ] at the start of the sentence and [ /spoil ] at the end, without the spaces. You're welcome!

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Slott use to do work for DC.
    He wrote books like Looney Tunes and Batman Adventures about 10-20 years ago (according to the GCD) as well as a six-issue series Arkham Asylum: Living Hell back in 2003.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeguy91 View Post
    While he's not currently working at Marvel, another former big Marvel name I'd like to see DC snatch up is Matt Fraction.
    I know you and I have different opinions on many things, but . . . please, DC, don't even consider Fraction!

(His Iron Man run became cumbersome and boring, and while he started strong on Hawkeye, that series just fell apart in the end with the constant delays, alternating issues for story lines, and Fraction even ignoring an important plot point for more than a year!)

Astonishing Member Timothy Hunter's Avatar

Kieron Gillen, because he has expressed some anger at Marvel Comics for cancelling his Darth Vader comic.

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Timothy Hunter View Post
    Kieron Gillen, because he has expressed some anger at Marvel Comics for cancelling his Darth Vader comic.
    What? From what I know he planned that ending - since he immediately went on to write the Dr Aphra series (which he seems to prefer) plus he's currently on the main SW book.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I know you and I have different opinions on many things, but . . . please, DC, don't even consider Fraction!

(His Iron Man run became cumbersome and boring, and while he started strong on Hawkeye, that series just fell apart in the end with the constant delays, alternating issues for story lines, and Fraction even ignoring an important plot point for more than a year!)
    Disagreed. I thought his Hawkeye was fantastic up through the end. And Fraction's still a relatively big name writer and was responsible for some of the most acclaimed runs in at Marvel, not just Iron Man and Hawkeye, but Immortal Iron Fist and FF (not Fantastic Four, Future Foundation) as well. When someone has that many acclaimed runs under his belt, he's obviously more an asset than not.

When someone has that many acclaimed runs under his belt, he's obviously more an asset than not.
    You say "asset", but I'd leave off the last two letters.

Disagreed. I thought his Hawkeye was fantastic up through the end. And Fraction's still a relatively big name writer and was responsible for some of the most acclaimed runs in at Marvel, not just Iron Man and Hawkeye, but Immortal Iron Fist and FF (not Fantastic Four, Future Foundation) as well. When someone has that many acclaimed runs under his belt, he's obviously more an asset than not.
    In hindsight, I really dislike what that run ended up doing to Clint Barton's character.

I also hold Fraction partially responsible for Dr. Strange's current characterization issues.

Astonishing Member

Hickman hasn't done anything at Marvel since Secret War ended. He is more indie now with Image.

BANNED

Αpart Aaron and Slott, i do not think that there's anyone left at Marvel.
    What is Marvel doing?