Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Incredible Member

early captain marvel 25-33 - the first storyline where thanos acquired the cosmic cube

https://marvel.fandom.com/wiki/Thanos_War

after this , his next big tale was one where he teamed up with warlock against warlock's doppleganger , the magnus. he's a bit of a hero in this one.

but after this act of heroism , he reverted back to evil overlord and the issues to get marvel two in one annual 2 and avengers annual 7 - the death of thanos as well as warlock, gamora and pip.

and after his death , his last appearance was in the death of captain marvel as a messanger of death to bring mar-vell to death's realm.
    Last edited by marshal88; 04-04-2020 at 11:30 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by 1drman View Post
    So I’ve read mostly newer stuff when it comes to Thanos. I’ve read some Starlin stuff, but don’t remember which.
    I’m mainly looking to read the story of the Infinity Gauntlet, but would also like to read all essential Thanos material. Can anyone help?
    Here is the reading order I would suggest to read the full Thanos story:

Before the Infinity Saga
    • Avengers vs. Thanos - aka The Cosmic Cube - Infinity Saga prequel
    • The Power of Warlock - Warlock by Jim Starlin
    • Avengers: The Legacy of Thanos
    • The Death of Captain Marvel

The Infinity Saga
    • Silver Surfer: Rebirth of Thanos - aka The Thanos Quest
    • Infinity Gauntlet
    • Infinity War
    • Infinity Crusade
    • Infinity Abyss

After the Infinity Saga
    • Thor vs. Thanos
    • Thanos: Cosmic Powers
    • Marvel Universe: The End
    • Thanos vs. Hulk

The New Thanos
    • Redemption
    • Annihilation
    • The Thanos Imperative
    • Thanos Rising

Infinity
    • Infinity
    • The Infinity Entity
    • Thanos The Infinity Revelation
    • Thanos The Infinity Relativity
    • Thanos The Infinity Finale

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/thanos/4005-7607/guide/

Have Fun

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Infinity Gauntlet is pretty much the bread and butter of Thanos.

The 2003 series was pretty neat, and leads in nicely to Annihilation (which you can conclude with the Thanos Imperative)

After that, Thanos begins to align more with MCU and male more frequent appearances. Probably the start of the mischaracterisarions that people don’t like.

That being said, I enjoyed Thanos Wins. People have reservations about it, but it’s a fun story.

Saoirse Ronan The Accuser CaptainMar-Vell92 of the Kree's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 1drman View Post
    So I’ve read mostly newer stuff when it comes to Thanos. I’ve read some Starlin stuff, but don’t remember which.
    I’m mainly looking to read the story of the Infinity Gauntlet, but would also like to read all essential Thanos material. Can anyone help?
    Okay, let's start by saying that Thanos' continuity in the 616 marvel universe is a pretty weird subject.

From the seventies to the early nineties Thanos was mostly a consistent character wrote mostly by Jim Starlin, Thanos evolved from a cataclysmic villain who saw himself as a hardcore nihilist who tried to convince Death herself to love him while failing to understand what she really wants into a more mature antihero that has achieved self-clarity. Then after the Avengers post credits scene featured him marvel decided to undo all of his character development and make him a thuggish and one dimensional space villain like Mongul or Kanjar-Ro.

Anything wrote by Jim Starlin, Peter David, Keith Giffen and Ron Marz are worth a go and try to keep Thanos in line with his character arc.

In Particular anything wrote by Brian Micheal Bendis, Jason Aaron and Jonathman Hickman, Donny Cates, Tini howard or jeff lemire are best avoided. To be honest, hickman did some great stuff as a writer (his FF is amazing) but Thanos is not one of them.

I have wrote a reading guide in another forum because CBR doesn't allow huge posts.

https://comicvine.gamespot.com/forum...guide-2118631/
    I think an easy way to look at Thanos stories is that anything written by Jim Starlin, Ron Marz and Keith Giffen is the real Thanos while anything written by other authors should be dismissed as a Thanosi clone.

Fantastic Member

I also enjoyed the Starlin Thanos OGNs as their own entity.