Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by SomeCBFanboy View Post
    I actually really want to read a solo for Vixen. There's not much content for her, I do like her in the JLA. I'd like to see Bendis have a crack at her. If only to raise her profile so that other writers would want to use her more.
    I think Vixen would probably be doable for Bendis even if I don't think he'd be able to utilize her animal spirits as well as fans might hope.

BANNED

Haven't been paying attention to this thread, but I just got an idea. Brother Power: The Geek. Just for the Hell of it you know?

Quote Originally Posted by mrPizza View Post
    I wouldnt be surprised if they let Bendis make a character who was insert-DC-character's classmate in high school, unmentioned until now best friend, had a secret history of superheroing, got molested and then some.
    That (Alias) was a wonderful comic, I think.

But a clear reason why Bendis should be gently steered away from certain possibilities. I dread to think what he might do with “Alfred Pennyworth The Early Adventures”, for example.

Mighty Member

Oh dear, I want that Alfred book.

Joking aside, Bendis on a series in the vein of "Sandman Mystery Theatre" would be a good possibility.

-edit:

Given Bendis' general disregard for consistency between titles (including his own), DC would be a good fit for him. DC is generally looser about that sort of thing. They have formalized the idea of flexible past, and are more willing to publish series that are intentionally out of sync with the rest of the line (with or without a specific imprint).

But, the best thing is going to be more competition between Marvel and DC, for both talent and readers.
    Last edited by CentralPower; 11-13-2017 at 08:45 AM.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Quote Originally Posted by JackDaw View Post
    . . . But a clear reason why Bendis should be gently steered away from certain possibilities. I dread to think what he might do with “Alfred Pennyworth The Early Adventures”, for example.
    Back in the day, I would have loved a series with the adventures of Alfred and Mademoiselle Marie back in WWII!

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    Haven't been paying attention to this thread, but I just got an idea. Brother Power: The Geek. Just for the Hell of it you know?
    No, please. This is actually the only DC property I think I could write and I still may try to get rights to write it for the stage. I have ideas about this character all the time and have imagined a play version for years.

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    No, please. This is actually the only DC property I think I could write and I still may try to get rights to write it for the stage. I have ideas about this character all the time and have imagined a play version for years.
    Does it involve Brother Power falling in love with a blow-up plastic sex doll?

I would like to see what Bendis could do with the Elongated Man.
    Last edited by KC; 11-13-2017 at 09:44 PM.
    “Somewhere, in our darkest night, we made up the story of a man who will never let us down.”

- Grant Morrison on Superman

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

I've suggested Nghtwing and other properties and people having rightfully voiced concern, saying Bendis could ruin these characters and their histories and that's all quite possible.

But:
    1) DC editorial can control Bendis and will take a good deal of BLAME if he's allowed to destroy any character or continuity.

2) related to #1, what's the point of Bendis being here if not to try to up the attention paid to some of the properties/titles?

All in all, we're gonna have to accept some risk and hope DC editorial contains Bendis, make sure he understands the Rebirth train and stays on those tracks.
    Last edited by JBatmanFan05; 11-13-2017 at 03:41 PM.
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

The Pine Barrens NJ in Summer & Winter & Salem Mass. in Spring & Autumn

Hands down I would love for Bendis to do a Grayson series where he's an operative for S.H.A.D.E. for an ongoing series or mini-series
    Beware of spies traveling through your multiverse especially if they wear a 4

Fantastic Member Brave Sir Robin's Avatar

Batgirl, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Teen Titans

A Clark Kent and Lois Lane book focusing on the Daily Planet and the modern state of journalism in the DCU, with Bendis' snappy dialogue. He did such a good job with The Pulse, and it would be such a great "everyman's" overview of the DCU, with a cast of different reporters embedded with superhero teams, traveling to exotic locales, exposing corruption and conspiracies, fighting crime. Tie the Question and the Creeper into it too, since Vic Sage and Jack Ryder are both muckraking journalists. And with his knack for witty banter, crime stories, and large casts, it could be The Wire of the DCU!

Plus, a good book focusing on Clark Kent as a crusading investigative journalist doing good in his own way could really bury the never-ending fanboy argument that "Superman is just wasting his time pretending to be a regular guy, and why can't he just be Superman 24/7?"

How would Bendis handle King Faraday?

Faraday would be an interesting choice. Sarge Steel too. Maybe a Pax Americana type of thing with the old Charlton characters (plus Booster maybe?)

Honestly, as long as he's got solid editorial to keep him from his worst excesses, Bendis is a quality writer with mid-powered and below characters. He's good up to about "fate of the city" levels and a lot of his early stuff (like Daredevil and Ultimate Spidey) are on a lot of "Best Runs" lists. The problem in recent years is that Marvel gave him too much leeway. Bendis is still a big name, but he's the new guy in the office and Johns isnt gonna let him screw up his plans.

As long as someone is there to keep him on track, Bendis should be fine.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Three Legged Member married guy's Avatar

I say give him a Robin title and watch him go.
    He did a great job with the Ultimate Spider-Man title, who says it couldn't do it again with another teenage character?
    Plus the added bonus of flexing his detective/noir muscles.
    "My name is Wally West. I'm the fastest man alive!"
    I'll try being nicer if you try being smarter.