Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

They need to reign in his workload. Thats the number one reason his work sufferd
    He was doing 5 ongoings, events, movie/tv stuff, his own books, and teaching.

He even wrote a how to make comics book a few years ago. And his books were rarely late.so what’s that tell u? Whatever he wrote on his page, thats what got printed. No revision, no quality control.

Brian, 3 books

Green Arrow with steve mcniven
    Suicide Squad w/ batman and harley with sara pichille
    Gotham Central with maleev

If they are good thats 3 more books DC adds to thier top 20 sales

OH Dear!
    Not Zatanna! ...."No More Metas!"
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    SAME... His name, is scaring many people..

I donīt need him in my books..
    Agree. Would be enough not to pick it up, even if it would be a title I normally read

What I want to see Bendis write is dependent on a few different factors.....

1. What kind of oversight and editorial control is he under? If he gets to just cut loose and do whatever he wants, then my apprehension about him writing increases a whole lot and other than Z-listers no one cares about (B'Wanna Beast?) or new characters, I don't want to see him write anything.

2. What character is he interested in writing? I dont want to see him forced to write a book he doesnt want to just for the sake of DC's bottom line (his first book is gonna sell like crazy no matter what anyway). That just leads to poor quality and bad decisions. So its best for everyone if he's got an interest in the property and an understanding of what makes it work.

3. How many projects do they expect him to work on? No one should be writing five different books plus indies and movie scripts. Keep the guy limited to one or two comic titles and his quality will be a lot higher than it was when he was writing half of Marvel's output as well as his own stuff. The more books they give him the more concerned I am.

Of course, I want to see these kinds of considerations for every creator, not just Bendis. But his name recognition brings a degree of freedom and the missteps he's made with Avengers and the X-Men mean that he's potentially a much more dangerous talent who could easily unbalance and screw up a title.

So really, I guess I want to see him on whatever he's comfortable with, knowledgeable about, and a fan of.

That said, Nightwing, Young Justice, Arrow, Gotham Central, Flash, Etrigan, Question, Beetle, Cyborg, Titans, Batwoman, or Shazam all feel like properties he could do good things with if he brings his A-game and has a strong handle on the characters and their primary themes, tones, and appeal. He *might* even be able to capture a Triangle era type of quality with Superman, if he can navigate the razor's edge between the "boring average man" DC insists on pushing and the high concept Silver Age/Morrison stuff that Bendis can't write.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

None of them. Please make him go away.
    Give me Brexit or give me death.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by DavidRA View Post
    None of them. Please make him go away.
    Nope! He’s here to stay

I’d like to see him tackling Elongated Man title. Seems like a good possibility with him appearing frequently in the Flash

I honestly think he could do good things with Wally West.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Herowatcher View Post
    OH Dear!
    That was Joe Quesada's editorial dictate.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    That seems like a colossal waste of the money they're paying him. And an insult.
    "Sure, come work for us. Mind you, we're not letting you play with the good toys, only the knockoffs."
    Did it seem that way to JMS when DC had him drop the Superman and Wonder Woman arcs he was in the middle of ("Grounded" and "The Odyssey") to do Superman: Earth One?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Did it seem that way to JMS when DC had him drop the Superman and Wonder Woman arcs he was in the middle of ("Grounded" and "The Odyssey") to do Superman: Earth One?

I was under the impression that was his call.

I would actually like Bendis to join the New Age of Heroes initiative for D.C., I think he could really create something great if given free reign to create a new character (especially a street-level one like Jessica Jones).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Not a fan of "Superman becomes a far right pundit". Liked where his Wonder Woman was going. And it's still the best canon costume she ever had IMO.

But this was before those All-Star books turned out to be duds instead of the next Ultimate Universe.

shaggy man

He's a fine writer although I agree he bites off too much at times. Limit his workload & he'll do good work. I say let him write anyone he's passionate about.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Herowatcher View Post
    OH Dear!
    *On Erom Satem!