Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

To be fair Disassembled/HoM was based on Byrne's work on West Coast Avengesr and John Byrne hasn't committed character assassination on Zatanna.

Probably Shazam or a Bat-book. Zatanna might be good too.

Quote Originally Posted by ross61 View Post
    Nope! He’s here to stay

I’d like to see him tackling Elongated Man title. Seems like a good possibility with him appearing frequently in the Flash
    I'd like to see ANYONE tackling Elongated Man!!!!

I haven't read any Bendis so I'm purely guessing based on reputation but if he's good with street level stuff I think Green Arrow could really use a creative booster shot. And I'd love to see his take on Outsiders too. It would be an opportunity for him to be as creative as he wants without ruining a book that's already out there.

Green Arrow can't really be ruined because it just isn't good enough now. I'd love to see a very high-profile GA series and Bendis would make it that.

Outsiders doesn't exist so literally can't be ruined. But it's a team whose time has come and one on which Bendis could have TOTAL creative freedom.

I'm curious to know how people feel about Jonathan Hickman, since that's the latest rumor. Is he more well-liked than Bendis? I'm so confused as to how Bendis could be at Marvel for 17 years and be considered possibly their best writer and yet no DC fan is happy to have him. Where's the disconnect?

And do people feel differently about Hickman?

Quote Originally Posted by Sam View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Did it seem that way to JMS when DC had him drop the Superman and Wonder Woman arcs he was in the middle of ("Grounded" and "The Odyssey") to do Superman: Earth One?
    I was under the impression that was his call.
    Considering how big a deal DC made that JMS was suppose to be taking over those two titles for 12-issue runs, only to then have him drop the full writing duties after roughly four issues on each title, I would question the decision to be mostly on JMS' part.

Astonishing Member

According to him, he had to drop it because he was sick with bronchitis.

I could see him killing it on an Outsiders book

Quote Originally Posted by TheSupernaut View Post
    I honestly think he could do good things with Wally West.
    Oh Hell No! Not OG Wally anyway, and I dont want more pushing of the other Wally. OG Wally already appears less than half as frequently as Kid Flash, and I don't want to see Bendis mess Wally up like he has recently with Stark. Leave Wally West to the Professionals and get Johns or (when he returns, and he said he sees it happening sooner or later) Waid

BANNED

Outsiders might be a perfect fit for him. Kinda would like to see him take on Steel too. Vigilante maybe?

I tend to agree that he will be working on at least one big book, but I wouldn't mind seeing him doing a Jason Bard series (probably a mini-series; an ungoing series probably would get cancelled within a month). I'm not sure in Bard has appeared in Rebirth, so he could reboot him back to his old ex-Marine, lame private eye self. Bendis is good as this kind of stuff, as he has shown in Alias.

Sandy Hausler

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Sandy Hausler View Post
    I tend to agree that he will be working on at least one big book, but I wouldn't mind seeing him doing a Jason Bard series (probably a mini-series; an ungoing series probably would get cancelled within a month). I'm not sure in Bard has appeared in Rebirth, so he could reboot him back to his old ex-Marine, lame private eye self. Bendis is good as this kind of stuff, as he has shown in Alias.

Sandy Hausler
    I'd rather see a Lois Lane, Badass Reporter ongoing.

All-New Member

If he is to tackle one of the Big 3, I'd say Wonder Woman, because I think it was said Robinson was on a limited run, while Superman and Batman have had stables writing/drawing teams.
    If he is to help a character which is not currently in the spotlight, I'd say Martian Manhunter.
    Otherwise, having him on his own Dark Matter title could be good too.

Fantastic Member

Bendis mentioned a long time ago if could work on any DC Comics Character it would be Plastic Man. He said he had an idea for a cool noir involving the character. Not sure if he feels that way today!

Fantastic Member

Detective Comics.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    According to him, he had to drop it because he was sick with bronchitis.
    I believe the bronchitis excuse was why some issues of Superman shipped late or were written by G. Willow Wilson.
    I don't know if his bronchitis would have been a reason to drop the scripting duties on both Superman and Wonder Woman completely.
    (Also, JMS' name was still getting top-billing on the later covers in that run even though JMS' wasn't doing the actual writing of those issues. He had mostly done some preliminary plotting before-hand.)

Mighty Member

Bendis would do well on a street-level series. The idea of him writing a c-list character is appealing because it would mean that he could safely ignore whatever tedious history the character has. (And, with DC's habit of rebooting twice per decade, Bendis' disregard for consistency would not be an issue.)
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/