Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Answer: none.
    SAME... His name, is scaring many people..

I don´t need him in my books..

Despite loathing his current work, I enjoyed his earlier stuff like Daredevil, Alias, and Powers. I will keep my fingers crossed that the move to DC provides some increased editorial guidance as well as a recharge to his creative batteries.

Given all that, I'd give the following a try with him as writer:

The Question
    Batman And The Outsiders
    Green Arrow
    Black Lightning
    Red Robin

Keep him away from JL, Superman, and Legion.

Astonishing Member

I wouldn't mind him trying to tackle the futures kids from Hitch's arc.

He after all excelled with Miles specifically because he had a whole world to help play with. Something could be argued for him using said kids like that.

The Outsiders
    Pull List:

Marvel Comics: Venom, X-Men, Black Panther, Captain America, Eternals, Warhammer 40000.
    DC Comics: The Last God
    Image: Decorum

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Despite Bendis not being nearly what he used to be, he’s still a huge name in the industry and could do wonders for lower tier DC characters. He really raised the status of a number of lesser known Marvel characters. Would love to see him do that again.

Bronze Tiger
    The Question
    Zatanna
    Captain Steel
    The Creeper
    OMAC

Didn’t even think about Cyborg but that would be great as well. Cyborg is in desperate need of a creative team shake up. A writer who won’t just do the same old “am I man or machine” trope.
    Yes please. If he keeps everything the same from Ostranders SS run then I will accept him to write Ben.

I'll give him characters that DC always like to ignore or haven't been used since the new 52. Good time to re-introduce them.

Quote Originally Posted by Star Saber View Post
    Knowing DC - they're putting Bendis on a big book - despite his recent work, what's the point of hiring a big name only to put him on a small book?
    When Kirby started at DC, his first book was Jimmy Olsen. (Of course, that was HIS idea.)

Sandy Hausler

Extraordinary Member

For some reason, I see him on something Flash related. I could see a Wally West (the original one) solo with him at the helm.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

I wouldn't mind giving a Green Arrow book by Bendis a try so I'll go with that for now at least.

Not a Newbie Member JBatmanFan05's Avatar

maybe Nightwing
    maybe Flash
    maybe Legion or some other lesser team
    Gotham Central (I'd support this easily I think)
    maybe Green Lantern
    Things I love: Batman, Superman, AEW, old films, Lovecraft

Grant Morrison: “Adults...struggle desperately with fiction, demanding constantly that it conform to the rules of everyday life. Adults foolishly demand to know how Superman can possibly fly, or how Batman can possibly run a multibillion-dollar business empire during the day and fight crime at night, when the answer is obvious even to the smallest child: because it's not real.”

Cyborg for sure (unless the new writer does a great job). Street level stuff with the GCPD or the Daily Planet could be really interesting, and maybe give him his own Green Lantern title that's more space detective focused.

Quote Originally Posted by Denirac View Post
    The Question
    Gotham Central (But using Jim, Bullock and Montoya as the major characters)
    Maybe Azrael, Batwing or Duke Thomas
    I've never read Gothan Central, but I understand that it's about the police force in Gotham. If that's the case, then it would be a good fit for him in light of his work on Powers.

Sandy Hausler

Dear lord, I hope DC won't let him be the writer of a Rebirth Justice Society of America series (if/when DC ever gets around to deciding to publish such a thing).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Star Saber View Post
    Knowing DC - they're putting Bendis on a big book - despite his recent work, what's the point of hiring a big name only to put him on a small book?
    He's getting put on multiple books, at least one of which will be a very small and/or creator-owned one.

They could maybe let him write an Earth One graphic novel for a character(s) who haven't had one of those yet. (That would let him play with characters but not damage the DC Universe proper.)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    They could maybe let him write an Earth One graphic novel for a character(s) who haven't had one of those yet. (That would let him play with characters but not damage the DC Universe proper.)
    That seems like a colossal waste of the money they're paying him. And an insult.
    "Sure, come work for us. Mind you, we're not letting you play with the good toys, only the knockoffs."