Incredible Member

Default Can the Watcher come back please?

I miss the watcher, he's a fun character always randomly showing up and watching you in some pivotal moment in the marvel universe to me it was a way of showing wow this is profound or someone is about to screw up horribly. It was always those solemn moments where no one would notice him or people would freak out that he showed up and knowing they were in for trouble. Now we have Nick Fury The Unseen who we have seen do nothing but maybe a few cameos and briefly in the unworthy Thor Mini. Can we please get the lovable watcher back in some form either Uatu, his wife or heck even his son?

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

His son is still just an infant. I don't think he's even gained his full body yet. But I agree, Ulana (Uatu's widow) should be assigned as the new Watcher.

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

The problem is, if he gets used too much, he's no longer special. And all his stories feel told. I didn't like Original Sin, but, of all characters to kill, he felt like his time had come.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike_Murdock View Post
    The problem is, if he gets used too much, he's no longer special. And all his stories feel told. I didn't like Original Sin, but, of all characters to kill, he felt like his time had come.
    ? He was always the 3th person narrator basically all what IF stories can't work without him. He was also always there when things starts to be ugly in the FF stories or somethings he had a talk with Apocalypse.
    Basically he would come back with new FF or What IF books

I kinda want them to use The Unseen a bit more. I actually really liked that aspect of Original Sin, and it seems rather strange that they have just had Nick Sr up on the moon doing very little.

Quote Originally Posted by Valamist View Post
    I kinda want them to use The Unseen a bit more. I actually really liked that aspect of Original Sin, and it seems rather strange that they have just had Nick Sr up on the moon doing very little.
    Actually Bucky took over the job for a while was then tricked and imprisoned and then with the Thunderbolts ?

Incredible Member

I'd probably miss the Watcher less if they actually did something with Nick Sr.

Quote Originally Posted by TakoM View Post
    Actually Bucky took over the job for a while was then tricked and imprisoned and then with the Thunderbolts ?
    Nick actually held the title of "man on the wall" before becoming the unseen, when people thought Fury died, Bucky then took over the role of "Man on the wall"

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Why did the Watcher have to die? And why hasn't Ulana sought justice for Uatu's murder against Unseen, or whomever? What am I missing?

If they brought back what if then yes otherwise. Meh

see beauty in all things. charliehustle415's Avatar

Totally agree, I mean only Aaron seems to sporadically use him. However, I miss seeing the Watcher show up and look upon the upcoming battle because of its scope. I would like to think he Watcher would have helped in the Secret Wars, which would've been so dope

Extraordinary Member Mike_Murdock's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    Why did the Watcher have to die? And why hasn't Ulana sought justice for Uatu's murder against Unseen, or whomever? What am I missing?
    Seeking justice feels like interfering, no? They knew from the beginning who killed the Watcher and didn't tell anyone about it.
    Matt Murdock's cooler twin brother

I'd give the Devil benefit of law, for my own safety's sake!
    Thomas More - A Man for All Seasons

Interested in reading Daredevil? Not sure what to read next? Why not check out the Daredevil Book Club for some ideas?

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    He got punished for his crime he became literately unseen they put him invisible and out of phase and chained him on the moon to see everything but never can do even one thing about those things.
    I personally don't like what they made Nick Fury into he was always someone who operate mostly under the level of most superheroes. The reasons was he was the governments eyes and hears there were a ton of thing superheroes didn't want the government to know or access to.

Things like the cosmic cube or alien tech(like the Shi'ar tech of the X-Men) or the brainwashing technology of supervillians the problem is in recent years the government get those things and miss used it the ways reader thought about it. Which kinda made the old Nick Fury more obsolete then ever I kinda see why they gave him a power up but he was already wanted for war crimes and with this he changed so much that he is only a shadow of the Nick Fury of the 90's.(also his whole support cast got terminated only one get back later)

In a way it was their way to write him off the Marvel continuum which is not a glorious end but an end of being a shadow of himself.

In the end with authors like Hickman, Bendis and who was it who wrote about S.W.O.R.D in Astonish X-Men we also have still pandoras box wide open which brought so many super tech to the government