View Poll Results: Which Image comic was your favourite this week?

Voters
11. You may not vote on this poll
  • 3 Floyds Alpha King #5 (of 5)

0 0%
  • Birthright #28

3 27.27%
  • Coyotes #1 [series debut]

0 0%
  • The Divided States of Hysteria #6

2 18.18%
  • Injection #15

0 0%
  • Kingsman: The Red Diamond #3 (of 6)

0 0%
  • Port of Earth #1 [series debut]

4 36.36%
  • Redlands #4

0 0%
  • Rock Candy Mountain #5

0 0%
  • Royal City #7

1 9.09%
  • Scales & Scoundrels #3

0 0%
  • Slots #2

1 9.09%

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Default Image Comics poll week 45 - Ahoy, Port of Coyotes!

It's poll time again, vote for your fave and chat about it below!

Last time around it looks like we got ourselves a three-way tie, unless someone still breaks that last minute. For now however, congratulations are in order for Extremity, the new series Gravediggers Union, and eternal forum favourite Lazarus X+66.

This week a few notable things are happening: 3 Floyds Alpha King wraps up its run after some delays, finally giving the beer brewer that finished comic series they were dreaming of. Birthright introduces a brand new threat this week, while Injection and The Divided States of Hysteria both wrap up their current storylines. Slots gets a reprint by the way, so it looks like the gambling themed story struck a chord with readers.

More interesting however are the 2 new series that see their debuts this week!
    First up is Coyotes, the new Sean Lewis (Saints) comic that gets described as "Underworld meets Sicario" and promises ultra-violent wolf attacks on a small city that will turn the mundane into mythical. Not sure if this will be as lofty as Saints again, but it could be cool!

Secondly we also get Port of Earth, in which aliens show up on Earth with just one demand: start a spaceport here for intergalactic transport and shipping. Billed as a gritty sci-fi thriller, this book explores what happens when rogue alien sailors show up and wreak havoc in Earth's cities. Restricting the boundaries of the established spaceport doesn't seem like the best method of survival...

294838.jpg 294846.jpg

The Howard Chaykin fanboy inside of me speaks.

Birthright #26
    Coyotes #1
    Injection #15
    Port of Earth #1
    Scales & Scoundrels #3
    Attached Images Attached Images

I love Chaykin's art. And as he brought the infamous story of his Divided States of Hysteria in my small European country at the end of this issue (thanks! It was nice!), I have two good reasons to give it my vote.

The third is that it was the only Image book for me this week.

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    The third is that it was the only Image book for me this week.
    There aren't many non-trade Image books on my pull list so this is usually the case for me.

small press afficionado matt levin's Avatar

Slots is the only Image title for me this week: While I'm not wildly enthusiastic about this title, it's different enough--dealing with 'ordinary' people in the boxing world of Las Vegas--and well-written enough, looks good to me--to hold my attention. Have been turning away from most SF and super-people titles these days to favor detective/spy and "real people" stories; this is another, just starting out, I'm enjoying enough to follow.
    Age/Bronze, Age/Reptiles, Alex&Ada, Anne Bonnie, Astro City, Bone, Briggs Land, Cerebus, Criminal, Courtney Crumrin, Eleanor & the Egret, Fables, Fatale, Fell, Grass Kings, Green Valley, Goon, Gotham Midnight, Groo, Hellboy, Hillbilly, Incognegro, Jack Staff, JL8, Jonah Hex, Kane, Lazarus, Little Nemo, Lone Wolf, Next Wave, Popeye, Powers, Princess Ugg, Resident Alien, SiP, Squirrel Girl, Stray Bullets, 10G, Thief of Thieves, Tuki, Uncle Scrooge, Usagi, Velvet

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    There aren't many non-trade Image books on my pull list so this is usually the case for me.
    I won't lie : it's the same for me. I am more a trade buyer when it comes to image (kill or be killed and monsters tbh) except for Hickman's book and Divided. Most of my independent pull-list is Dark Horse : Hellboyverse and Black Hammer(verse?). A bit of Valiant sometimes: Divinity/ Eternity.

I always have a look to the new Image series but I usually decide myself and opt for the trade.