View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

4 10.53%
  • ★★★★

7 18.42%
  • ★★★

7 18.42%
  • ★★

14 36.84%
  • 6 15.79%
Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Default Wonder Woman #34 - Discussion & Spoilers

So... yeah. I guess the story is really just now beginning?

Diana and Jason embrace each other very quickly in the campiest way possible. "My name's Diana. Say it. Please. I want to hear you say my name." Oye.

We learn a lot about Jason, such as:

• He can fly and has super strength (though not nearly as strong as Diana). He can also somehow turn into a Tsunami....... yeah.
    • His sexuality is still up in the air. Diana asks if he's had girlfriends or boyfriends in the past, to which he replies that he's had lovers in the past. I think going a bisexual route would be best for the character, same as Diana.
    • He seems to have a fear of Hera, as he thinks that's why the amazons hid him away with Glaucus.
    • He's... straight up evil! He hates Diana with a passion and has teamed up with Grail in order to take down the super heroine.

In the secondary plot, Steve Trevor learns that Giganta was stealing ancient artifacts with an Apokoliptian origin. So she's either working for Darkseid or against him in some way.

My thoughts:

I have to say, I shouldn't have been, but I was actually quite surprised that Jason betrayed Diana. I guess that's a good thing at least? I also did really like the "then get out of my sight!" moment of Diana's as she threw Jason away from her. Probably my favorite bit of this run so far, it was very Marstonian.

I wasn't a fan of the art... it seemed rushed and a bit messy. Also, what the heck was up with the speech bubbles in certain parts?

Lovers, no girlfriends... Bad, bad idea..

He betrayed her or.... Control mind? Seems that all was planned.. Like if Darkseid gave him instructions.. Grail doesnīt know him in the previous issue, but darkseid was interested in him...

WONDERWOMAN 36.. CHILDREN OF THE GODS” part four! Captured by Darkseid’s daughter, Wonder Woman finds herself in chains and at the mercy of the Lord of Apokalips. As Darkseid begins to steal her powers to increase his rise back to godhood, an unexpected ally appears to face down the one-time God of Evil.

I doubt that Trevor can be that ally.. We are talking of Darkseid and his daughter... WW needs help..

I donīt know if you saw this... Wonderwoman 35 cover.. As this chapter suggested, Jason childhood, and apparently Diana childhood too..

Screen Shot 443.jpg
    Last edited by adrikito; 11-08-2017 at 05:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I doubt that Trevor can be that ally.. We are talking of Darkseid and his daughter... WW needs help..
    I'm kinda getting a vibe that Giganta will be the unlikely ally. Steve might interrogate her while she's imprisoned and find out what Darkseid is up to so he lets her go to help Diana. Who knows, though. If it's Jason then this plot is completely generic.

WONDER WOMAN #39
    “SWAN’S SONG” part two! While Wonder Woman reckons with the savage descent of the young woman she put her faith in, her brother Jason is left wondering if Wonder Woman will always be there for him, or if a similar fate awaits him! And Steve Trevor hasn’t given up on the trail of Darkseid and Grail...unfortunately for him, it’s put him face-to-face with the Female Furies!

Seems that he is not evil, or I canīt understand this solicitation..

Spectacular Member

I doubt Jason is evil, he might be playing Grail and Darkseid if future issues are any indication. The solicitation mentions that Jason could have an agenda of his own.

Also, WW's lasso being messy and all over the place is really bugging me.
    Last edited by Fenix; 11-08-2017 at 07:04 AM.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Decent issue. I didn't expect Jason's twist.

Always Rakzo

Decent I guess. Saw a twist about Jason coming a mile away but considering that we have just met him, it lacks a certain emotional resonance (despite that Robinson did an adequate job in his interaction with Diana).

Appropriate artwork. Not bad overall.

BANNED

After the fast issue last time this felt like packed with content and meat. I liked Jason`s characterization and his weird powers, the whole backstory and the heel turn I wasn`t expecting.

I liked it well enough (although the dialogue was cringeworthy at certain points).

I'm doubling down on my prediction that the lawyer is Zeus with Diana's line of "...but no, he could have been standing right next to me, and I'd have no idea."

BANNED

it seems like a shout out to the first meeting between WW and superman post crisis when darkseid manipulated them both into fighting each other. maybe darksied has taken Jason's place to ambush Diana. He did say he had someone else in mind to fight Jason and who better than Diana?
    Last edited by theoneandonly; 11-08-2017 at 08:51 AM.

> Wonder Woman's son wants to kill her
    > Wonder Woman's twin brother wants to kill her
    #InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I actually liked how normal Jason was writing till the twist, then he suddenly had a complete 360 with his character that I was kinda sad about. I do hope there is a twist and he isn't as evil as he is portraying himself to be.

I also hope next arc focuses on Hippolyta, because I really want to see her thought process behind everything she did. Would love if Diana can find her sooner or later.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    I actually liked how normal Jason was writing till the twist, then he suddenly had a complete 360 with his character that I was kinda sad about. I do hope there is a twist and he isn't as evil as he is portraying himself to be.
    Agreed, I was actually enjoying the issues until that happened. Evil twin trope is terribly annoying, and it's not even the first time Wonder Woman fell into that trope either! Not sure how accurate solicitations are, but they seem to make it out like there's more going on then what we have seen so far. I hope it's true.

I won't be a fan of heel Jason unless it in of itself is a ruse. I'm hoping that he's playing Grail too, and that he's actually working with Blake, who is in fact Zeus. Then moving forward they have to actually work on their relationship instead of something saccharine sweet because she'll be pissed over being left in the dark and wary of being trusting.

I'm confident at the very least that he won't be a villain, regardless how they go about redeeming his behavior here, based on future solicits.
    Last edited by Sacred Knight; 11-08-2017 at 10:17 AM.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

I think Grail and Darkseid gotten to Jason a couple of minutes before Diana did maybe? Isn’t darkseid known for brainwashing people? Lol