View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

4 10.53%
  • ★★★★

7 18.42%
  • ★★★

7 18.42%
  • ★★

14 36.84%
  • 6 15.79%
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    Seems that he is not evil, or I can´t understand this solicitation..
    You're right! I forgot about his inclusion in the solicit.

I think we all agree there's no way he'll stay a villain, but it's just such a shame that she's constantly having these "new family members" out to kill her. If he goes through a redemption arc, we just had one in the New 52 with Donna Troy. We also have her son from the future out to get her in Justice League. Now this... bleh.

But apparently there are quite a few positive votes in the poll... are we all reading the same book?

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

I enjoyed this issue - especially the twist with Jason being partners with Grail.

I'm also intrigued by the Giganta sub-plot. Perhaps she was one of Granny Goodness' Female Furies and escaped(or was banished) to earth?
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Absolute Power, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Birds of Prey, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Justice Society of America, Shazam, Titans, & Wonder Woman.

BANNED

This was... quite bad. The first half is this weird sob story where Robinson seems to confuse brother and sister for lovers at one point. And then a switch is just thrown and we are in full on action-mode with Jason doing the split personality thing.

Huh, so Jason was evil, if only temporary.

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85
    This was... quite bad. The first half is this weird sob story where Robinson seems to confuse brother and sister for lovers at one point. And then a switch is just thrown and we are in full on action-mode with Jason doing the split personality thing.
    Glad I wasn't the only one to get that vibe.

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    [*]His sexuality is still up in the air. Diana asks if he's had girlfriends or boyfriends in the past, to which he replies that he's had lovers in the past. I think going a bisexual route would be best for the character, same as Diana.
    Makes sense. Probably the best route to take in my opinion
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

BANNED

Jason being evil doesn`t really add up, he doesn`t know anything of Diana outside of media appearances for him to have personal beef with her (unless is a Zeus never caged you in kind of thing) but the best clue is actually Hercules. He had a hand in training Jason but never noticed he was evil? Something is fishy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Astroman View Post
    I liked it well enough (although the dialogue was cringeworthy at certain points).

I'm doubling down on my prediction that the lawyer is Zeus with Diana's line of "...but no, he could have been standing right next to me, and I'd have no idea."
    Blake is almost obviously Zeus at this point, which means this heel turn is part of a scheme, otherwise Hercules wouldn`t have led Diana to him and Blake wouldn`t make sure she was going to Greece.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    Jason being evil doesn`t really add up, he doesn`t know anything of Diana outside of media appearances for him to have personal beef with her (unless is a Zeus never caged you in kind of thing) but the best clue is actually Hercules. He had a hand in training Jason but never noticed he was evil? Something is fishy.
    Well he was given away because he was born a man. Which isn’t fair

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    After the fast issue last time this felt like packed with content and meat. I liked Jason`s characterization and his weird powers, the whole backstory and the heel turn I wasn`t expecting.
    I was hoping for a more physical, rugged character. Wasn't crazy about his sparkly, air elemental powers, either.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post
    > Wonder Woman's son wants to kill her
    > Wonder Woman's twin brother wants to kill her
    Wonder Woman's publisher wants to kill her (title*)!

* To be replaced with another Batman title.

Quote Originally Posted by Mel Dyer View Post
    I was hoping for a more physical, rugged character. Wasn't crazy about his sparkly, air elemental powers, either.
    I dunno, I had more a fear of taking the easy approach and, since WW herself is often categorized as "the female Superman" that basically they'd make Jason like Superman. So I'm glad he's not incredibly physically imposing (by superhero standards at least), nor a bruiser.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    I dunno, I had more a fear of taking the easy approach and, since WW herself is often categorized as "the female Superman" that basically they'd make Jason like Superman. So I'm glad he's not incredibly physically imposing (by superhero standards at least), nor a bruiser.
    When I found out he wasn't going to be Jason Blood or Sargon the Sorcerer, I was hoping Jason was going to be sort of Wolverin-ish or Orionesque. He didn't even have big, over-sized sideburns ..or a cigar. Little disappointed, over here...
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Haha, when put that way I wouldn't have minded that too much.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Astonishing Member

Sigh. 3? issues in and I feel like we're still not actually entering this story yet. Especially if Jason being evil is a fake twist. So we had a flashback last issue now we're getting a flashback next issue.

I assume that means we'll get another Diana flashback to to really pad the story out.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    Diana and Jason embrace each other very quickly in the campiest way possible. "My name's Diana. Say it. Please. I want to hear you say my name." Oye.
    That line is so bad, but, at least it cracks me up every time I think about how bad it is.

I have to say, I shouldn't have been, but I was actually quite surprised that Jason betrayed Diana. I guess that's a good thing at least? I also did really like the "then get out of my sight!" moment of Diana's as she threw Jason away from her. Probably my favorite bit of this run so far, it was very Marstonian.
    But, this line sounds glorious (looking forward to reading that, at least).

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    This was... quite bad. The first half is this weird sob story where Robinson seems to confuse brother and sister for lovers at one point...
    Maybe that's why Jason sells her out? "I was really looking forward to meeting you, Diana. But, you're weird. So I traded you for some Beyoncé concert tickets."

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Sigh. 3? issues in ...
    Isn't this the 4th issue? I swear, comic writers have a side bet to see just who can drag out the story the most - and I blame Bendis most of all. It's also why I've been reading a lot less comics and more novels.
    Last edited by Awonder; 11-08-2017 at 05:22 PM.