View Poll Results: How would you rate this issue?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • ★★★★★

4 10.53%
  • ★★★★

7 18.42%
  • ★★★

7 18.42%
  • ★★

14 36.84%
  • 6 15.79%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

So Jason turns into a Tsunami, water, like Zan. A little on the nose with the Wonder Twins thing. Is Diana supposed to be Jayna since she can't turn into animals, but talk to them?

And where is the artist from the first issue? I really enjoyed his pencils.
    Richard Alexander

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Awonder View Post
    Isn't this the 4th issue? I swear, comic writers have a side bet to see just who can drag out the story the most - and I blame Bendis most of all. It's also why I've been reading a lot less comics and more novels.
    Oh man you're right. That's even worse.

Issue 31: Hercules gets to fight and dies.
    Issue 32: Diana gets Hercules' inheritance.
    Issue 33: Flashback to 5 minutes ago with Grail and Baby Seid
    Issue 34: Betrayal dun dun dun

Also did anyone else notice how off some of the speech bubbles are?

#InGunnITrust, #ZackSnyderistheBlueprint, #ReleasetheAyerCut

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Oh man you're right. That's even worse.

Issue 31: Hercules gets to fight and dies.
    Issue 32: Diana gets Hercules' inheritance.
    Issue 33: Flashback to 5 minutes ago with Grail and Baby Seid
    Issue 34: Betrayal dun dun dun
    Yeah, four issues of meh for the title character.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post

Speech bubbles over the character's face? And no one caught that before printing them?

Quote Originally Posted by Pinsir View Post

Rucka’s last run had the same issue with the first arc finale

Another disappointing issue...

Jason's father is Zeus, god of the sky, so he has the power to...create a tsunami? Whaat? I know that they gave a half-arsed pseudo-scientific explanation for it, but c'mon. Just have him throw lightning, or create a tornado! I almost expected that page to reveal that their father was Poseidon instead of Zeus.

I've come to dislike Jason's overall design as well, and the wonky art in this issue (in this whole arc, really) doesn't do him any favors. He's just...a shirtless guy in rolled up jeans. That's it. Is that really it? That's the sort of thing I expect -- and love -- from a CW show, not a major character introduction in this WW series.

All of which would be way more tolerable if the character were somehow more likable or interesting, but he's just mega bland and cliched at first, and then later he turns whiny and throws a temper tantrum over hurt feelings or something. Is he really going to be a recurring presence in this book? 'Cuz that's clearly just what Diana's stories need...a big ol' maladjusted manchild with daddy issues/mommy issues/sister issues/whaaatever. Are we sure no one swapped him out for Superboy-Prime when we weren't looking?

Man...I'm obviously no Azzarello fan, but at this point I'll gladly take a couple Lennoxes over this guy. Sorry, but my only hope at this point is that he becomes so unlikable that he gets inevitably retconned or limbo'd whenever the next big reboot comes!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    Well he was given away because he was born a man. Which isn’t fair
    That I would expect but his reaction looked too persona and staged.

Quote Originally Posted by Aioros22 View Post
    That I would expect but his reaction looked too persona and staged.
    I blame the artist. I didn’t really like the artist for Jason at all. His face just didn’t seem right. But I seen the cover for 35 and the art is actually better. I’ve enjoyed the issue and I’m excited to see where it goes

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

The story was ok, not Robinson's best, but definitely not the worst thing he's written or has appeared in Wonder Woman. The art though became quite disappointing. Jason was just ugly. Being the son of an Olympian god and the queen of the Amazons as well as the twin brother of Diana...he should be considered quite the looker. Not someone with a big nose and forehead.
    As for the powers...I'm guessing it's because he has wind powers???

Winds don't even cause tsunamis, earthquakes do! I guess Jason just never took an elementary school science class lol?

It's just super weird that there's like a dozen other powers that a child of Zeus might have, but Robinson handed him the one that's not only least affiliated with Zeus but just flat-out strongly associated with another Olympian. It's like if you called him the son of Hermes but he has fire powers like Hephaestus for some reason. Rick Riordan weeps.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianWilly View Post
    Winds don't even cause tsunamis, earthquakes do! I guess Jason just never took an elementary school science class lol?

It's just super weird that there's like a dozen other powers that a child of Zeus might have, but Robinson handed him the one that's not only least affiliated with Zeus but just flat-out strongly associated with another Olympian. It's like if you called him the son of Hermes but he has fire powers like Hephaestus for some reason. Rick Riordan weeps.
    If this story was about Jason Grace I'd be all over Wonder Woman.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Awonder View Post
    Maybe that's why Jason sells her out? "I was really looking forward to meeting you, Diana. But, you're weird. So I traded you for some Beyoncé concert tickets."
    Right now I wouldn't be surprised if it was some baseball cards and shiny objects. Maybe he is not always mr. squeaky-clean and in the night he turns into Gollum?

....so he got his powers from Zeus, ("We're twins" he exclaims, noting that's why they both have powers) BUT DIana very clearly got her powers from the Patrons, who visited her while she was under military detainment....

so wtf? Can we just sweep this under the "well, he's the twin from the magical reality, and since that was created by the Gods, he's "real" and exists. But I was born of clay so we're spiritual siblings" and get this nonsense over with?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    ....so he got his powers from Zeus, ("We're twins" he exclaims, noting that's why they both have powers) BUT DIana very clearly got her powers from the Patrons, who visited her while she was under military detainment....

so wtf? Can we just sweep this under the "well, he's the twin from the magical reality, and since that was created by the Gods, he's "real" and exists. But I was born of clay so we're spiritual siblings" and get this nonsense over with?
    Actually, that Diana is the daughter of Zeus has remained despite everything else. The patrons gave her gifts... but they didn't give her everything she could do, question actually is if they gave her anything at all. Like all we have is her being told they did.
    Last edited by Outside_85; 11-09-2017 at 02:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BrianWilly View Post
    Another disappointing issue...

Jason's father is Zeus, god of the sky, so he has the power to...create a tsunami? Whaat? I know that they gave a half-arsed pseudo-scientific explanation for it, but c'mon. Just have him throw lightning, or create a tornado! I almost expected that page to reveal that their father was Poseidon instead of Zeus.

I've come to dislike Jason's overall design as well, and the wonky art in this issue (in this whole arc, really) doesn't do him any favors. He's just...a shirtless guy in rolled up jeans. That's it. Is that really it? That's the sort of thing I expect -- and love -- from a CW show, not a major character introduction in this WW series.

All of which would be way more tolerable if the character were somehow more likable or interesting, but he's just mega bland and cliched at first, and then later he turns whiny and throws a temper tantrum over hurt feelings or something. Is he really going to be a recurring presence in this book? 'Cuz that's clearly just what Diana's stories need...a big ol' maladjusted manchild with daddy issues/mommy issues/sister issues/whaaatever. Are we sure no one swapped him out for Superboy-Prime when we weren't looking?

Man...I'm obviously no Azzarello fan, but at this point I'll gladly take a couple Lennoxes over this guy. Sorry, but my only hope at this point is that he becomes so unlikable that he gets inevitably retconned or limbo'd whenever the next big reboot comes!
    It was such a promising moment, seeing them fly off together. After reading WW, on and off, for over forty years, with no 'Wonders', who looked like me, there's finally a super-powered male in the Wonder Woman family. Here's a guy, who wasn't just a little embarrassing, in the ways that Lennox and Gail's Olympian were, ..and he's Wonder Woman's blood brother! Felt pretty good, finally seeing that literally take off...

Then...CRA-AASH!!!

I expected a badass, rugged, physical guy, who would be the avatar of every impulse a little boy had ever had to jump into the myth-inspired mythos and join Diana's adventures. I expected him, while not Superman, to be a natural warrior, like his sister - a decidedly masculine expression of that aspect of her. Instead, ..Jason is whiny. He holds out his arms, when he flies, like Peter Pan or a ballerina doing a plie. He has sparkly, air-pressure powers. He's unmanly. Right now, he is just not representing. Right now, he is just not that guy. He is so not that guy that I'm hoping he's Darkseid, in disguise.

While not quite embarrassed by Jason, ..yes...feeling a little disappointed.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 11-09-2017 at 02:19 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!