Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Incredible Member StephenFoxMonster's Avatar

I had to buy this book because my comic store had a 15 dollar limit. Awesome to know that it was a complete waste.

Hey Baby--Wha's Happ'nin? HandofPrometheus's Avatar

Liking this arc only because of the throwback costumes. Like Rachel costume the more I see it.

I feel like this would run better as an episode of a cartoon rather then as a full-blown crossover, because it all feels fun but inconsequential and without much in the way of story momentum for either teams.

Fantastic Member True Believer Tony's Avatar

Yawn. So the thread of Kitty/Jean butting heads appeared in the opening pages of this arc and has yet to amount to anything. So what is the point of all this? You can't just throw nostalgia at us without a story.
    Twitter: @TonyBWood

Pretty much just waiting for people to post scans of Polaris' moments in it so I can say something about those moments. What I've heard so far sounds like Guggenheim technically did better with her than Bunn's done on Blue, since even if her history with Krakoa wasn't acknowledged, at least it wasn't acting like something deeply traumatic to her was nothing more than a curious change of costume.
    I can also be reached on BlueSky and Tumblr. Avatar by kahlart.

Ghosts of Genosha minicomic focused on Polaris, written by me and drawn by Fin_NoMore.

Polaris 50th anniversary minicomic written by me and drawn by Mlad!

Gallery of Polaris commissions (without NSFW or minicomics)

Fantastic Member

Jean's annoying AF

BANNED

can somebody show the scan of Storm and Bloodstorm shooting lightning?

Nice to see the unanticipated homage to Len Wein and Giant Sized X-Men.

I thought it was Weird to have kitty make a point to put jean in charge while she was gone, but come back a few panels later. I felt like something dramatic was going to happen (we had hints in issue one of crossover that their leadership would be butting heads). I almost wonder if there were changes to the script or something from the original plan.
    The potential for conflict between Blue and Gold which was build up in Gold 14 did feel like it dissipated unexpectedly.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Nash View Post
    This was really awful. Magneto not knowing who Apocalypse was? The tripe dialogue between Kitty and Peter ("did you say nyet or yet). The lines meant to be funny fell flat - ugh. dismal issue. And yes, nothing really happened.
    While AoA got erased, Ages of Apocalypse in the 90s didn't so yes he should remember him.

But, I will give him a pass on that given his smirk on the second page because the conversation threw the simulation off its game and got it to start pontificating about its name so one can pass it off as battle tactics if they want to.
    Last edited by jmc247; 11-08-2017 at 04:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Geek Mangacomic View Post
    Didn't they establish that was the real Spiral?
    Yea, unfortunately Mojo established that they're not in simulations so everything is real. And that unfortunately means that Spiral was reduced to a background lackey to Mojo who only had 1 line in the entire issue. Why even include Spiral if you're not gonna give her any personality especially when the rest of the group attacking the X-Men were no name red shirts?

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    Yea, unfortunately Mojo established that they're not in simulations so everything is real. And that unfortunately means that Spiral was reduced to a background lackey to Mojo who only had 1 line in the entire issue. Why even include Spiral if you're not gonna give her any personality especially when the rest of the group attacking the X-Men were no name red shirts?
    I guess because people expect her to appear in Mojo storylines at this point, continuity be darned .

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by StephenFoxMonster View Post
    I had to buy this book because my comic store had a 15 dollar limit. Awesome to know that it was a complete waste.
    Wait, what??? Purchase minimums? Is this a thing?

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I guess because people expect her to appear in Mojo storylines at this point, continuity be darned .
    But she hasn't appeared at all in like the past 2 Mojo appearances. Hell Spider-Man and the X-Men, the book that botched continuity so badly that Toad was somehow working at the school after her ran away, still had the better hold on continuity to not have Spiral appear when they ended up in Mojoworld.

This issue wasn't as eccentric as the last few issues, but when Mojo is involved, that's not saying much.

It was still fun. I love that first panel with both teams standing together, ready to fight. I also really enjoyed seeing Bloodstorm work alongside Storm. Same with the double fastball special. If there are going to be all these different versions of characters running around, why not have fun with it? A little fun can only help a comic. This one certainly proved that. The whole Mojo crossover has been built on a foundation of fun and insanity and I've been enjoying every minute of it.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MarvelMaster616 View Post
    This issue wasn't as eccentric as the last few issues, but when Mojo is involved, that's not saying much.

It was still fun. I love that first panel with both teams standing together, ready to fight. I also really enjoyed seeing Bloodstorm work alongside Storm. Same with the double fastball special. If there are going to be all these different versions of characters running around, why not have fun with it? A little fun can only help a comic. This one certainly proved that. The whole Mojo crossover has been built on a foundation of fun and insanity and I've been enjoying every minute of it.
    Can you post the scan of Storm and Bloodstorm?

Quote Originally Posted by Geek Mangacomic View Post
    Didn't they establish that was the real Spiral?
    I may be mistaken but this just means that the threats are real and not that enemies are the originals. I know it sounds strange but Mojo can create robots or clones with several different appearances not the first time he does this.