Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

With regards to your spoilers, I think spoilers:
    that’s going to have more to do with the Phoenix Resurrection arc, IF it happens.
    end of spoilers
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    With regards to your spoilers, I think spoilers:
    that’s going to have more to do with the Phoenix Resurrection arc, IF it happens.
    end of spoilers
    Ooh, that'd also be nice.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    I'm kind of surprised Jono has written Monet off so easily while Husk actually seems to care about her former teammate.
    He has some big, big drama with the way his powers blew up his chest and jaw, and it always seemed like he was only peripherally aware, at best, that other people also had problems. (And Monet, who was pretty much the snooty rich prom queen who won the mutant lottery and got all the powers was probably particularly irksome...).

I like him more than I did during the early Generation X days, when I described him as sucking so much that he'd imploded, and was trapped in his own suck. (Then again, I also described the team as 'Clive Barker's X-Men. This one (Paige) rips her skin off. This one (Angelo) has too much skin. This one (Penance) has no skin at all. And here's the guy (Chamber) whose face blew off. And then there's Synch. There's nothing gross or 'body horror' about Synch, so, of course, he has to die.)

Man, if only there was a Clive Barker X-Men team still around. Glob Herman, No-Girl, Maggott and Marrow would be right at home. "I rip out my bones and stab people with them!" "That's gross, you're in!"

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    (Then again, I also described the team as 'Clive Barker's X-Men. This one (Paige) rips her skin off. This one (Angelo) has too much skin. This one (Penance) has no skin at all. And here's the guy (Chamber) whose face blew off. And then there's Synch. There's nothing gross or 'body horror' about Synch, so, of course, he has to die.)

Man, if only there was a Clive Barker X-Men team still around. Glob Herman, No-Girl, Maggott and Marrow would be right at home. "I rip out my bones and stab people with them!" "That's gross, you're in!"
    And don't forget Eye-Boy, because brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Talk about body horror.

Not a bad issue, the plot is moving slowly but at least it's entertaining and the writing isn't terrible like I thought when this thing came out. Quentin is still annoying but eh whatever. Jubilee and her constant handing out of babysitting duties that put Shogo in dangerous situations is still funny and the ending cracked me up. Blindfold is still terrifyingly creepy.
    In protest against Marvel's constant ignoring of Surge.

Quote Originally Posted by DurararaFTW View Post
    I hope so. Having better abs then the rest of the boys is the one thing. But Jubilee was a olympic level gymnast yet I don't think Strein is likely to Gatalk up her abs quite the same way.
    Gays have a thing about abs. Kinda wishing this book focused more on the OG Gen Xers I missed DOA and I feel like Monet us more in control that people realize
    GrindrStone(D)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by S.k.i.d. View Post
    Gays have a thing about abs. Kinda wishing this book focused more on the OG Gen Xers I missed DOA and I feel like Monet us more in control that people realize
    I hope not. That'd mean all those deaths are on her...

Quote Originally Posted by Moondoggie View Post
    Blindfold is still terrifyingly creepy.
    That’s just down to the art. One thing that still throws me a bit about Pinna’s art is the creepy smiles some characters have at the most inappropriate times. It just comes across as Blindfold saying “Jubilee is trapped somewhere dark and she’s totally gonna die LULZ”, while the last scene seemed like Jubes saying “ROFL Steel bar through my chest, amirite?”

This was probably the best issue of this book for me. I liked that every character got a cool panel time and their voices were on point. Even Pinna seemed better then before.

I'm happy that we are finally getting more action and a general plot that seems important.

Blindfold+Eyeboy needs to happen
    GrindrStone(D)

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Blindfold+Eyeboy needs to happen
    Ruth still has her love Legion in her head

And yeah, I agree about the art giving some over the top facial expressions it's kind of like with Land's art where the expressions don't really match what you imagine ought to be the emotions
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AbnormallyNormal View Post
    Ruth still has her love Legion in her head
    Well, not for long, probably.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Can you imagine the arguments....she can see the only thing he presumably can't see...He would notice things in their 2 bedroom Oakland duplex outta place ALL the time....sounds like a potential shitty sitcom from Fox

Edit: thought of a name
    "Love at First SIGHT"
    GrindrStone(D)

Can you imagine the arguments....she can see the only thing he presumably can't see...He would notice things in their 2 bedroom Oakland duplex outta place ALL the time....sounds like a potential shitty sitcom from Fox

Edit: thought of a name
    "Love at First SIGHT"
    How about “All Eyes On Me (And None On You)”?

Astonishing Member AbnormallyNormal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Endsong View Post
    Well, not for long, probably.
    ? It seems like the new Legion LS will be flashbacks and elaborating on past events
    Forget the old ways - Krakoa is god.

OBEY