Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

This was really good. It was nice to see Juggs again; that's three books in a row, right? Blue, Iceman, UA.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Twitter: @theprattlp donpricetag's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Yeah, this title is a top tier read. Far better than Gold and Blue.

Why so against it? Rogue and Beast are on the team. Pietro and Wanda both still have appreciation threads on the X-Books board. Half their mission statement was about saving Xavier's brain. Hell, they have the 'X' insignia to show that this is an X-Book as much as it is an Avengers book.
    Against it? Simmer down... Beast is currently onboard. That's fairly new it should have been the case a long time ago, along with Sam. I'm simply saying it needs more grounding in X-Men to justift being on the board, at least how it was in the beginning when it was roughly 50/50 (well it actually had more mutants than humans). Your assuming I believe Quick and Scarlet should have threads on here either... I don't. And that bother me seeing as they were taken away simply because of outside influences. I'd like for Magneto to have his family returned to him, but the mouse's grip is a tight one... Didn't know questioning the direction of a title based on it's configuration was negative. And c'mon now. That "X" is there for marketing purposes...
    Last edited by donpricetag; 11-08-2017 at 01:59 PM.
    Guild Member
    Realistically speaking about fictional matters. | Nutcases need not respond. | Stay outta my DMs. | Why does the "House of Ideas" keep duplicating characters?! | If an idea or belief cannot stand up to criticism it's probably... bad.

Quote Originally Posted by donpricetag View Post
    Against it? Simmer down... Beast is currently onboard. That's fairly new it should have been the case a long time ago, along with Sam. I'm simply saying it needs more grounding in X-Men to justift being on the board, at least how it was in the beginning when it was roughly 50/50 (well it actually had more mutants than humans). Your assuming I believe Quick and Scarlet should have threads on here either... I don't. And that bother me seeing as they were taken away simply because of outside influences. I'd like for Magneto to have his family returned to him, but the mouse's grip is a tight one... Didn't know questioning the direction of a title based on it's configuration was negative. And c'mon now. That "X" is there for marketing purposes...
    Lots of assuming here. It's a discussion, so I'd rather you not patronize me with a "simmer down" comment. I get things like Champions not being on the board because the mission statement doesn't correlate to the X-Men at all and only has one mutant character. But the Uncanny Avengers, no matter the amount of mutants, was always about the union between the Avengers and X-Men.

As for the Scarlet Witch/QS thing, I didn't take into account whether you accepted it or not. I was focusing on the fact that, after all this time past the SiXiS retcon, their threads are still here. I would go on a tangent about how we should still treat the siblings as X-characters and mutants to stick it to Editorial, but...IDK. And like I said, it's a discussion so I'm not calling you out or saying it's "negative". And my comment about the "X" was specifically about marketing lmao. It was being marked as both and X-Men nook as much as an Avengers book .

That was a good issue. I just love this team and their dynamics in general, it's nostalgic and new at the same time. I was a bit meh that Wanda hadn't done much besides using some spells with Voodoo, but I was glad she called out Pietro on his bullshit at the end. And I guess Rogue fans have nothing to worry about anymore lol.

I wish they hadn't change artists or something on the middle of the issue. The faces looked kinda weird by the end, I hate how Wanda's headgear looked lol.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    I don't mind Juggernauts descent into villainy. As long as he isn't "I want to watch the world burn!" evil, he's fine. iirc Cytorakk is a corrupting influence isn't it? That's why he was weaker on the X-Men.

Anyway, good issue. Quicksilver's random dissent into arrogance is kinda out of left field, considering he seemed to be fine with Rogue's leadership throughout most of Vol 3, though he did display a habit of not listening to orders during the Ultron fight. Funny, someone also got their leg crushed up, but that time it was him. As for his attitude, maybe Wanda brings out his bad habits?
    Quicksilver ignored her orders also in second issue.

Consistently one of the best team books marvel puts out. The artist switch wasn’t super ideal, but the issue itself was really good. If hellion really does show up next issue it would be awesome

Awesome! Thank you for this haha

Fantastic Member victor borkowski's Avatar

sadly only briefly

BANNED

Wow. Iceman beat Juggernaut alone.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    He's an Omega level mutant after all

Amazing Member

Just a question from a humble Cable collector. Has Cable left the series? Thanks for helping!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by markdienekes View Post
    Just a question from a humble Cable collector. Has Cable left the series? Thanks for helping!
    yes. He left in issue 23.

Oh Hellion! I'm really glad we'll see him, but if he is still at Attilan, wtf X-Men? You didn't notice a student there while you were invading? smh.

But yeah, these are interesting developments. I do feel a bit bad for Quicksilver fans, it always seems like someone on a team has to cause drama. But this particular behavior isn't really out of left field, as Pietro has been more subtly disobeying Rogue's orders throughout Vol 3.

I imagine it's something he's done with other leaders in the past considering his personality, if I'm not wrong? Questioning their authority until they gain his respect. He wasn't around for Vol 1, so he wasn't really involved or saw all the team growth, fights and eventual bonding that Wasp, Wanda and Rogue went through. And Rogue's still relatively new to him, coupled with being more open to being confrontational than Voodoo or Synapse, it's not really unexpected imo.

The last time Rogue and Hellion interacted, it wasn't really on a positive note. I wonder if Rogue will display some guilt there, she was pretty harsh on him. He doesn't always display the best judgement, but he's young and he often feels like he doesn't have a support system. Rogue most of all should understand how easy it is to take your fear, anger and frustration out on other people (ie Dazzler/Carol). Hopefully there's some reconciliation there.

I see Cain's pimp hand is still strong. R.I.P Synapse

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Should've been that way a long time ago.