Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Xelossik View Post
    what would you prefer?
    they should kick him from team instead of stopping juggs?
    Wanda says there will be time for blame later. Except there isn't, because when later comes she conveniently shifts all the blame to Pietro.

The team has 5 billion dollars at their disposal, easily enough to rebuild the mansion. But they go for quick fix instead. Rogue okays the plan, Jericho and Wanda implement the plan, and clearly they don't really understand the powers they are dealing with. Which is what Pietro pints out and nobody listens.

I get it. Pietro is a jerk and rather unlikeable, and makes a perfect scape goat. But justice isn't a popularity contest. They ALL, everyone except Jan, have a measure of responsibility. If Jericho was a man at all or written like one he would have told Wanda she was wrong. Rogue as leader could take some responsibility for the plan she let go ahead.

But no, let's just hate on the obnoxious guy, wipe our hands, and hope nobody in the government asks us what we know about how a dangerous super villain got let loose in the middle of New York.
    Last edited by brettc1; 01-06-2018 at 01:43 AM.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

BANNED

wonder ha! if simon and vodoo would clash over the lady in scarlet sometime in future or simon is just going to be like forget it I am done waiting for the witch to make up her mind . Sw/WM reminds me of another certain pair of lovebirds who are always in a state of flux in the ladys own words.

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Wanda says there will be time for blame later. Except there isn't, because when later comes she conveniently shifts all the blame to Pietro.

The team has 5 billion dollars at their disposal, easily enough to rebuild the mansion. But they go for quick fix instead. Rogue okays the plan, Jericho and Wanda implement the plan, and clearly they don't really understand the powers they are dealing with. Which is what Pietro pints out and nobody listens.

I get it. Pietro is a jerk and rather unlikeable, and makes a perfect scape goat. But justice isn't a popularity contest. They ALL, everyone except Jan, have a measure of responsibility. If Jericho was a man at all or written like one he would have told Wanda she was wrong. Rogue as leader could take some responsibility for the plan she let go ahead.

But no, let's just hate on the obnoxious guy, wipe our hands, and hope nobody in the government asks us what we know about how a dangerous super villain got let loose in the middle of New York.
    Rogue outright questions Voodoo outright about what he is doing. She asks: "Are you sure this'll work?" Voodoo answers "I do not traffic in certainty, but I believe the results will be appreciably useful to us." This tells me Rogue had her doubts about this. As far as the 5 billion dollars, Johnny was still in the middle of working out the full impact of having all that money come to him all at once, and dealing with of all things, taxes. It was'nt until issue #30, he shows what he was going to with all that money, including rebuilding the mansion.

BANNED

brettc1 :
    Wanda says there will be time for blame later.
    true
    Except there isn't, because when later comes she conveniently shifts all the blame to Pietro.
    false
    pietro started this.
    true
    except that team didn't had money.
    They can't steal F4 money. All of this belonged to Human Torch(after all paperwork so after this issue)
    I get it. Pietro is a jerk and rather unlikeable, and makes a perfect scape goat.
    false
    But justice isn't a popularity contest. They ALL, everyone except Jan, have a measure of responsibility. If Jericho was a man at all or written like one he would have told Wanda she was wrong. Rogue as leader could take some responsibility for the plan she let go ahead.
    Do You really think that they should beat doctor because he needs to see her?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by mikeb View Post
    Rogue outright questions Voodoo outright about what he is doing. She asks: "Are you sure this'll work?" Voodoo answers "I do not traffic in certainty, but I believe the results will be appreciably useful to us." This tells me Rogue had her doubts about this. As far as the 5 billion dollars, Johnny was still in the middle of working out the full impact of having all that money come to him all at once, and dealing with of all things, taxes. It was'nt until issue #30, he shows what he was going to with all that money, including rebuilding the mansion.
    Haven't got is #30, but they still decided they wanted to do things fast and cheap and release one of the most dangerous beings on Earth. Yes, Rogue had her doubts but she went ahead anyway. You make the call, you own it. That's what being a leader means.
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

brettc1 :

true

false
    pietro started this.

true
    except that team didn't had money.
    They can't steal F4 money. All of this belonged to Human Torch(after all paperwork so after this issue)

false

Do You really think that they should beat doctor because he needs to see her?
    Pietro acting like a jackass is irrelevant to Jericho's [and Wanda's] responsibility for releasing Juggernaut and both of them conveniently forgetting about it.

They could have have waited a few days and asked Johnny for the money, but meddling with magical forces that routinely go awry is the quicker, cheaper option.

I'm just supposing in the subsequent issues the never both to tell the authorities how Marko got loose.

Stunts like this are people end up listening to Henry Gyrich.
    Last edited by brettc1; 01-06-2018 at 05:06 AM.

No, what I'm saying is that Wanda's statement that Jericho has no responsibility for Synapse's injury is completely at odds with the facts. How can Jerciho be blameless for the damage caused by a supervillain that he carelessly set loose? Wasp calls Quicksilver a moron (thus proving she was right and really is not the person who should be in charge) and then Jericho has the gall to to reprimand Pietro on the way he's behaving when JERICHO IS THE ONE WHO SET FREE THE JUGGERNAUT!

The whole thing is like a 22 page propoganda message about the need for superhero registration.
    Why do you keep repeating the same thing? We get it, Jerichonsert the Juggernaut free. BUT PIETRO DISOBEYED DIRECT ORDERS ON PURPOSE and got Synapse hit by Juggs. He's a moron because he was in full control of his actions and knew what he was getting himself into. Notice how the entire fight was going on pretty smoothly? Notice who was the ONLY one to cause an injury to the team?

And Janet called him a moron for yelling at them with nonsense about his Avengers seniority. What does thatbhave to do with someone else being in charge? And this definitely has nothing to do with the SHRA. What even is your argument anymore?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ţh€ €жţяą-๏яďɨɲąя¥ Tycon View Post
    Why do you keep repeating the same thing? We get it, Jerichonsert the Juggernaut free. BUT PIETRO DISOBEYED DIRECT ORDERS ON PURPOSE and got Synapse hit by Juggs. He's a moron because he was in full control of his actions and knew what he was getting himself into. Notice how the entire fight was going on pretty smoothly? Notice who was the ONLY one to cause an injury to the team?

And Janet called him a moron for yelling at them with nonsense about his Avengers seniority. What does thatbhave to do with someone else being in charge? And this definitely has nothing to do with the SHRA. What even is your argument anymore?
    I guess if my argument is not clear then I haven't repeated it enough LOL.

Wanda says that the whole responsibility for what happened to Synapse lies with Pietro.

Synapse gets hurt by Juggernaut because Juggernaut is loose. Yes, Pietro was an idiot but he wasn't the one who released Marko by carelessly throwing around magic. That was Voodoo and Scarlet Witch. The smoothly going fight you mentioned started because those two cast as spell that went pear shaped [as they so often do]. Nobody on the team gets injured if Juggernaut isn't there.

So how can Wanda reasonably claim it's ALL Pietro's fault when she and Jericho caused the mess in the first place? Very simply, she can't, but she does anyway.

And Janet calling Pietro a moron only escalates the confrontation. Anyone who has been around Pietro for more than ten seconds should know that was putting out a fire with napalm.
    Last edited by brettc1; 01-06-2018 at 08:49 AM.

I guess if my argument is not clear then I haven't repeated it enough LOL.

Wanda says that the whole responsibility for what happened to Synapse lies with Pietro.

Synapse gets hurt by Juggernaut because Juggernaut is loose. Yes, Pietro was an idiot but he wasn't the one who released Marko by carelessly throwing around magic. That was Voodoo and Scarlet Witch. The smoothly going fight you mentioned started because those two cast as spell that went pear shaped [as they so often do].

So how can Wanda reasonably claim it's ALL Pietro's fault when she and Jericho caused the mess in the first place? Very simply, she can't, but she does anyway.

And Janet calling Pietro a moron only escalates the confrontation. Anyone who has been around Pietro for more than ten seconds should know that was putting out a fire with napalm.
    Voodoo calling Juggernaut by mistake wouldn't have had any consequences if it wasn't for Pietro acting stupid on purpose. Pietro follows Rogue's orders = Synapse doesn't get hurt. So that's why it's on him. That's what's very simple, not you reaching to put the blame on Wanda and Jericho.

And LOL at the Janet point. If she can't even call someone a moron after they say stupid **** because that may trigger them, then again the problem is on him for having a temper, not her.

Haven't got is #30, but they still decided they wanted to do things fast and cheap and release one of the most dangerous beings on Earth. Yes, Rogue had her doubts but she went ahead anyway. You make the call, you own it. That's what being a leader means.
    Rogue told QS to stand down. He disobeyed her order. He should own that yes?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wiccan View Post
    Voodoo calling Juggernaut by mistake wouldn't have had any consequences if it wasn't for Pietro acting stupid on purpose. Pietro follows Rogue's orders = Synapse doesn't get hurt. So that's why it's on him. That's what's very simple, not you reaching to put the blame on Wanda and Jericho.

And LOL at the Janet point. If she can't even call someone a moron after they say stupid **** because that may trigger them, then again the problem is on him for having a temper, not her.
    There's no reaching here. It's just that some people can't seem to understand basic cause and effect. It's easy to lay all the blame on QS because he is unpopular. But he didn't free Marko.

Janet using name calling in response to his foolishness doesn't show maturity, just childishness. "He called me a name first!" It's like watching 8 year olds argue.

Casting the spell put lives in danger. Not just the team but everyone nearby. If you drive drunk it's still a crime whether you hit someone or not. The fact that nobody was outright killed DOESNT absolve Jericho and Wanda from causing the danger in the first place.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by jen View Post
    Rogue told QS to stand down. He disobeyed her order. He should own that yes?
    Never said otherwise, though to be fair I'm nor sure he was aware Rogue and Janet had decided she should be team leader. But regardless, my criticism is not a boy QS being a grandstanding jackass. It's about the rest ignoring the danger they put themselves and civilians in.

Jericho even says he doesn't know exactly how the spell will work, he's just hopeful it will be a good result. That's basically saying he good a good feeling or he's got his fingers crossed. Not exactly a responsible attitude when you are casting powerful magics in the middle of the worlds most densely populated city.

BANNED

There's no reaching here. It's just that some people can't seem to understand basic cause and effect. It's easy to lay all the blame on QS because he is unpopular. But he didn't free Marko.

Janet using name calling in response to his foolishness doesn't show maturity, just childishness. "He called me a name first!" It's like watching 8 year olds argue.

Casting the spell put lives in danger. Not just the team but everyone nearby. If you drive drunk it's still a crime whether you hit someone or not. The fact that nobody was outright killed DOESNT absolve Jericho and Wanda from causing the danger in the first place.
    he left them because he wanted...
    they didn't blame him

Extraordinary Member

he left them because he wanted...
    they didn't blame him
    Wanda literally lays 100% the blame for Synapse at his feet, right after he tells her they are leaving.

Poor writing, or else she is just delusional.

BANNED

I think they are all to blame in some measure. Quicksilver shouldn't have been active until he had time to process all the ordeals he had faced like his grave injury manipulation by red skull. No wonder he was trying to overcompensate trying to take out Juggernaut by himself. Then his angry lashing out at his team mates is also understandable as he must have Ben unable to face up to the fact that he screwed up again which was all the role that was reserved flr him during this run. I think his team mates should have been more understanding but no one of them was in a mood to see QS side. His guilt must have been tremendous and in such circumstances it was perhaps natural that he would try to rationalise that it wasn't his fault but a failure of leadership or whatever else he may latch onto. They should have understood the desperation behind his actions and his motivations. you do not treat a person who has suffered such traumas like you would treat him in otherwise normal circumstances. If QS had pulled such a move like Hawkeye used to to hog glory then he would be most guilty and deserving of reprimands but after the traumas he suffered it is natural he would have tried to score one win which would have helped him to wipe all his previous defeats in his eyes. can't blame a man when he is down and out.