Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    God no. LOSH needs someone who can juggle large casts. Hickman only really focused on Cap and Iron Man on his Avengers run. The whole run was mostly just plot and no character or substance.
    I think Superman would fit a lot better and he could write an arc guest starring the Legion there.
    hickman's avengers/new avengers is lightyears more enjoyable than any legion-related book since the early DnA stuff. hickman would be a boon for a floundering franchise like the legion.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    I just don't think there is a much of an audience for Silver Surfer especially since the current book is him writing a pastiche of Moffat's Doctor Who. But he is a massive draw: look at his Superior Spider-Man. If they (him and Marvel) put more effort into it and made it into a tentpole cosmic book, it probably would do much better instead of what it does now.
    I just don't think Slott is much of a seller outside of Spider-Man.

You just can't slap his name on a book and make it a seller like you could with actual big name writers.

Quote Originally Posted by Factor View Post
    God no. LOSH needs someone who can juggle large casts. Hickman only really focused on Cap and Iron Man on his Avengers run. The whole run was mostly just plot and no character or substance.
    I think Superman would fit a lot better and he could write an arc guest starring the Legion there.
    I really enjoyed his Avengers run up to the point where Tony outsmarted the entire Shi'ar Legion. Lots of character development and his inclusion of Sunspot, Cannonball, Hyperion, Captain Universe & a new Smasher had me excited for a long run. I'd be curious who Hickman would keep on the team and who he would add. Of course that's just me.
    Being a "Person of Interest" doesn't make you an interesting person.

Mighty Member

Hickman is a good idea man. And, DC has traditionally, albeit less over the last few years, been a big ideas company.

(Following this thread mostly to see if this intriguing rumor is confirmed.)
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Incredible Member

I'd be ok if the reason why Hickman has one image book coming out every 3 months was because he was working on a DC book

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I just don't think Slott is much of a seller outside of Spider-Man.

You just can't slap his name on a book and make it a seller like you could with actual big name writers.
    That is true for most writers. Look at Bendis: he did terrible on Moon Knight, Spider-Woman and now Defenders and he is like Marvel's top writer.

DEFENDERS
    06/17 Defenders #1 - 64,253
    06/17 Defenders #2 - 46,158 (-28.2%)
    07/17 Defenders #3 - 35,763 (-22.5%)
    08/17 Defenders #4 - 31,120
    09/17 Defenders #5 - 28,489

Moon Knight
    05/11 #1 - 49,018 (+167.6%)
    06/11 #2 - 35,333 ( -27.9%)
    07/11 #3 - 33,781 ( -4.4%)
    08/11 #4 - 30,237 ( -10.5%)
    09/11 #5 - 28,423 ( -6.0%)
    10/11 #6 - 27,493 ( -3.3%)
    11/11 #7 - 27,062 ( -1.6%)
    12/11 #8 - 24,626 ( -9.0%)
    01/12 #9 - 22,872 ( -7.1%)
    02/12 #10 - 21,986 ( -3.9%)
    03/12 #11 - 21,581 ( -1.8%)
    04/12 #12 - 21,185 ( -1.8%)

SPIDER-WOMAN
    09/09 Spider-Woman #1 - 50,344
    10/09 Spider-Woman #2 - 37,255 (-26.0%)
    11/09 Spider-Woman #3 - 32,437 (-12.9%)
    12/09 Spider-Woman #4 - 29,755 ( -8.3%)
    01/10 Spider-Woman #5 - 27,716 ( -6.9%)
    02/10 Spider-Woman #6 - 26,134 ( -5.7%)
    03/10 Spider-Woman #7 - 25,437 ( -2.7%)

The only guy who can consistently sell anything is Johns (look at his record on the c and d-list like with Aquaman, Booster Gold and JSA). And even then his very first book with Stargirl didn't do well.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 11-08-2017 at 01:38 PM.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Hickman on Legion of Super-Heroes would be perfect.

I would say Justice League but it would be a shame if Priest's run is cut short because of it.
    Unless there's been something official stating otherwise, I have a feeling Priest's "run" was never going to more than a filler arc(s) anyway.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

No you are forgetting Waid (banned from DC), Spencer and Slott. Hopefully Bemis and Cates can ascend to Bendis's position eventually.
    Waid isnt banned. He's actually stated DC have reached out to him since Rebirth and he cant imagine NOT doing something with them before the end of the Decade
    Last edited by Denirac; 11-08-2017 at 02:21 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Waid I give you.
    Slott appears to be someone a lot of spider-fans want to get rid of.
    Dunno who Spencer is...
    Nick Spencer. Did some good comedy series before he did Captain America & pissed off a bunch of woke liberal millenials that pretended Hydra wasn't a big internet meme like a year or 2 ago.

Astonishing Member

According to Mark Waid he is.

From a deleted twitter chain of his:

According to Mark Waid he is.

From a deleted twitter chain of his:

Wow, I didn't know they'd cancelled the collections of Waid's runs .

No you are forgetting Waid (banned from DC), Spencer and Slott. Hopefully Bemis and Cates can ascend to Bendis's position eventually.
    Waid isn't "banned from DC." There have been rumblings he's coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by Rakzo View Post
    Hickman on Legion of Super-Heroes would be perfect.

I would say Justice League but it would be a shame if Priest's run is cut short because of it.
    With good creative teams on JL (we haven't had a decent one yet in Rebirth on either JL title) there's room for 2-3 JL books. JL, JLA, JLU. My preferred creators on all DC teams, pasted from "How to fix DC team books" thread...

Justice League by Priest and Woods (this is obviously the flagship as it should be)
    JLA by James Tynion IV and Mitch Gerads (this is hopefully more of a 'secret lives of superheroes' take, with rotating cast)
    JLU by Snyder and Capullo (let them keep going nuts like they are in Metal and telling the really 'out there' stories, hitting all corners of the DCU, with rotating lineups)
    JSA by Mark Waid and Gary Frank (I ask: who could be better? Maybe Hickman. I don't know his work.)
    Legion of Super-Heroes by Tom King and Kevin Maguire (chosen to help me care about a team I've always had trouble getting into - this creative team would solve that)
    Titans by Geoff Johns and Mikel Janin (if we can't get Johns, I'd love to see Hickman here on reputation alone. Maybe with Hitch if not Janin.)
    Teen Titans by by Yale Stewart and Kyle Baker (I'm proud of this team and think it makes for a good example of how out there people can get)
    Outsiders by Brian Azzarello, Denys Cowan, and Bill Sienkiewicz though I think Bendis makes sense here too, esp. if street level team
    Doom Patrol by Way and Derington
    Terrifics by Lemire and Reis
    World's Finest (past, untold tales of Clark, Bruce, and Dick - but consistent with new continuity) by Lee and Mike Allred

That's leaving out Bendis, Hickman, and maybe my favorite superhero artist, Jason Fabok, each of whom should be an improvement on one of the creators above.
    Last edited by BatmanJones; 11-08-2017 at 02:47 PM.

Having read the thread maybe I'm wrong that Waid isn't banned.

Then again, his most recent mention of being banned from DC offices is from summer 2016, so it's as likely as not to be out of date. I think he said he expected to work at DC again well after a year ago last summer.

I still have my fingers crossed he's coming back and would like to see him and Gary Frank handle the JSA relaunch.

This would be much better then the Bendis signing. He would be great for Superman, Legion, Justice League, and many others. Really hope they are able to sign him would be crazy couple weeks for talent if they get him also in the near future. He may also be one of the few people able to deliver a good New Gods book.