Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by BatmanJones View Post
    Having read the thread maybe I'm wrong that Waid isn't banned.

Then again, his most recent mention of being banned from DC offices is from summer 2016, so it's as likely as not to be out of date. I think he said he expected to work at DC again well after a year ago last summer.

I still have my fingers crossed he's coming back and would like to see him and Gary Frank handle the JSA relaunch.
    I'd rather Waid take Wally West again in a Solo. Wally needs a miracle worker since his return, I mean all he's accomplished is getting a Heart Condition and dying twice. Ideally, I could see Johns taking the JSA, Hickman on Legion and Titans, and Waid on a Wally solo
    Last edited by Denirac; 11-08-2017 at 03:56 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wow, I didn't know they'd cancelled the collections of Waid's runs .
    It was actually the first trade that was resolicited and he got all up in arms about it, even though we know it did in fact come out, followed by two more volumes. Anyway, I really like Waid's work, but he does seem like someone who has a tendency to panic about something before all the facts are in.

Astonishing Member

Wow, I didn't know they'd cancelled the collections of Waid's runs .
    They didn't. Turned out it was a misunderstanding.

https://twitter.com/MarkWaid/status/753387209156243456

BANNED

It's crazy how much Mark Waid and Dan Slott entertain all the drama that comes their way on twitter. I'd get so tired of it

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

This is (potentially) fantastic news.

Him doing Superman and Legion at the same time and treating it as essentially run interconnected run (like his Avengers/New Avengers) would be amazing. Pleeeeeeeeease let this be so.

I'm not the biggest fan of their work, but a lot of people like then and he could give a bost to some franchises that really need one (LOSH is a good candidate).

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    This is (potentially) fantastic news.

Him doing Superman and Legion at the same time and treating it as essentially run interconnected run (like his Avengers/New Avengers) would be amazing. Pleeeeeeeeease let this be so.
    Someone tell Santa I've been really good this year, and Hickman on an interconnected Superman/Legion run (at least two years?) is all I want for the holidays!!!
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ascended View Post
    Someone tell Santa I've been really good this year, and Hickman on an interconnected Superman/Legion run (at least two years?) is all I want for the holidays!!!
    In a cruel twist, we will probably get Hickman over at DC...but Bendis will still be the one writing these books.

When it comes to Hickman, I will just gladly buy it once it is actually a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    In a cruel twist, we will probably get Hickman over at DC...but Bendis will still be the one writing these books.
    Or they’ll get Hickman and just put him on a Batman book.

If Hickman comes to DC, I demand that he is given a Justice League run. I would read the hell out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    Or they’ll get Hickman and just put him on a Batman book.
    I honestly don't think there's anything Hickman can say on a Batman solo book.

Astonishing Member OBrianTallent's Avatar

Bendis is much more a Batman writer than Hickman, Hickman is too science fiction for Batman. I could totally see him on Justice League or Legion of Super-Heroes (Titans would be a dream) but not Batman. Put Hickman and Kenneth Rocafort on LSH and I would probably pass out!

Hickman at DC would be big news. As big as Bendis, really.

Spencer's more of a controversial name then a "big" name in my opinion, although I guess the two can walk hand and hand.

But his comics, even the more critically-acclaimed ones, don't really sell all that well. So I wouldn't put him on par with Bendis or Aaron.

Slott is a big name on Spider-Man, but it doesn't seem to effect his other books that much (Silver Surfer).
    Spencer is also not writing anything at Marvel any more. No where to be seen in NOV,DEC, or JAN solicits.

My god people Hickman is soooo overrated. Boring