Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Is Hickman confirmed as working at DC? (This thread seems to be a combination of speculation and what people are hoping for, more than what people are expecting.)
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    Is Hickman confirmed as working at DC? (This thread seems to be a combination of speculation and what people are hoping for, more than what people are expecting.)
    No. A mod thankfully added a question mark to the title because it is nothing more than speculation. However, many feel it is very likely, as Hickman has been teasing a move to DC for a while. There was the tease yesterday that inspired this thread, and the tease a few weeks ago with Jim Lee revealing they were at lunch together.

Much like with Bendis, I'm just excited to see a new face that's proven to be good at his job tackle something entirely new.
    Comic reviews answering the question "Is it good?" every Wednesday here.

I would love to see Hickman take over the Legion. His sense of sci-fi and his ability to build big stories with huge casts would work well there. But, the point the draws Hickman to Legion for me the most is Hickman's graphic design sense. In many of his book, there's been a different graphic look. I think a legion book about the future that doesn't resemble every other book on the surface would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Wow, I didn't know they'd cancelled the collections of Waid's runs .
    They didn't Waid throws twitter hissy fits like this before he has the full context. He did the same thing when "jay garrick" was revealed as Zoom on the Flash show. The producers literally had to spoil the later season plot reveal of the real Jay to calm him down.
    Current Pull: Lazarus, The Realm, Seven to Eternity, Aquaman, Flash, Justice League Dark, Justice League Odyssey, Sideways, Black Panther, Captain America, Daredevil, Death of the Inhumans.

Future Pull: Killmonger.

Jesus Christ, redeemer! The Whovian's Avatar

I would LOVE to see Hickman get either the LOSH or JSA book. Preferably the Legion though.
    “Now faith, hope, and love remain, and the greatest of these is love.”--1 Corinthians 13:13

“You had a dream; I have a plan”--Cyclops

“There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes.”--The Doctor

While this is all just "Crossing Fingers/Hope" territory, I'd say Dial H For Hero would be the title to put Hickman on.

Hickman should write Challengers of the Unknown since his FF was phenomenal. I could also picture him on Shazam! (Captain Marvel) because he’s shown to write decent kids with Franklin and Val. Or a detective-oriented Batman with lots of complicated ongoing plots, since he really excels at that.
    Last edited by KurtW95; 11-10-2017 at 01:26 AM.
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Elmo View Post
    No. A mod thankfully added a question mark to the title because it is nothing more than speculation. However, many feel it is very likely, as Hickman has been teasing a move to DC for a while. There was the tease yesterday that inspired this thread, and the tease a few weeks ago with Jim Lee revealing they were at lunch together.
    Thanks.

I like some of the ideas people have for Hickman at DC. But, indulging in that sort of discussion is likely to be an exercise in frustration at this point.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by numberthirty View Post
    While this is all just "Crossing Fingers/Hope" territory, I'd say Dial H For Hero would be the title to put Hickman on.
    A book with a longevity of a Marvel Defenders run is not where they should be putting a Marvel A-lister, that everyone is hoping has a potentially long/fruitful/profitable time with DC.

Man, I would LOVE if Hickman took over JL or did a run on Supes or Flash.

A run on HJatGLC would be great, too.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    A book with a longevity of a Marvel Defenders run is not where they should be putting a Marvel A-lister
    You mean 152 issues of their own book (plus three issues of Marvel Feature before that) doesn't qualify as "longetivity"?
    (Yeesh! Talk about "picky"!!!)

Astonishing Member

I'm talking the Busiek/Bunn/Fraction(and probably Bendis) versions. All of whom have only lasted ~12 issues. Or is this one of these places where we pretend Harras/Quesada/Alonso Marvel didn't happen.
    Last edited by Bruce Wayne; 11-13-2017 at 09:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    I'm talking the Busiek/Bunn/Fraction(and probably Bendis) versions. All of whom have only lasted ~12 issues. Or is this one of these places where we pretend Harras/Quesada/Alonso Marvel didn't happen.
    No, they did happen.
    But there years of Timely/Atlas/Marvel comics before those guys, too.

Astonishing Member

Since he is my favorite current writer I would love him to take over my favorite properties, LSH, and HJ&tGLC, Hickman does cosmic best and since there aren't other titles in the future or DC cosmic titles to worry about, he would have free rein to tell his stories.