Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Default What is the most morally dubious/douchey thing Spider-Man has ever done?

So, I was just re-reading some recent Venom and Venom: Spaceknight issues, and I really noticed just how bad Peter was in Venom #6 when he cheated the symbiote into being captured by using its own desire to be a hero against it. Now, I always thought that was a disgusting thing to do, but after reading Venom: Spaceknight 12 again, I just realized just how bad that was, since Peter and Venom had a heart-to-heart of sorts where the symbiote apologized for its earlier misdeeds and tells Peter how it now wants to be a hero. So, Peter taking advantage of that knowledge (or just completely forgetting/disregarding that conversation)and the good nature of the symbiote to try and capture it (and presumably lock it up indefinitely) was an inexcusable move by Peter, IMO.

Anyways, that got me thinking what else Peter may have done which makes him come off as a scumbag, since, while he is one of the more noble heroes, he is far from perfect and has his bad days. (Not to mention the fact that he sometimes take his humor overboard to the point he is disrespecting/brushing off serious/tragic moments other characters may be going through, which is in itself a bit douchey)

With that said, what do you guys think is Peter's worst moment, in this sense? (I'm currently leaning towards the aforementioned betrayal of the Venom symbiote, but I don't really recall too many other moments where Peter acted like an @$$). To keep this interesting, let's omit any OMD/OMIT/Mephisto-related moments, since that's basically the most obvious answer...
    Last edited by blackspidey2099; 11-08-2017 at 08:07 PM.