Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

By the power invested in me by *mumbles incoherently* I hereby declare this topic a Mephisto free zone. The devil is no longer here. Do not welcome him back otherwise we'll have to accuse you of being a servant of satan and that's the worst thing you could ever do. Ever. And all your posts after that won't count.

Let's see if that works.

Okay. back to bad things Spider-man has done ...

He considered wearing some of these costumes.

Incredible Member SilverWarriorWolf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    By the power invested in me by *mumbles incoherently* I hereby declare this topic a Mephisto free zone. The devil is no longer here. Do not welcome him back otherwise we'll have to accuse you of being a servant of satan and that's the worst thing you could ever do. Ever. And all your posts after that won't count.

Let's see if that works.

That’s Ben, not Peter.

Quote Originally Posted by SilverWarriorWolf View Post
    That’s Ben, not Peter.
    yeah but at that point, ben was peter.

and really, their tastes would be more or less identical
    troo fan or death

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Let's see if that works.

sigh... The 90s smh

This is a great scan though, lol

Astonishing Member

When he thought he was the clone and Ben was the real guy, he agreed to work with Jackal to murder everyone on the planet and replace them with clones.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Failing to help a cop chasing after a burglar, just because he thought he was a big celebrity.
    This.

Besides that, Spider-Man (iirc) stole a golden note book from a building changed to gold during Secret Wars 2.

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    sigh... The 90s smh

i think the bottom right one was a legit submission from jurgens. seems everyone redesign instinct is to enlarge the spider emblem and add more black
    troo fan or death

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    This.

Besides that, Spider-Man (iirc) stole a golden note book from a building changed to gold during Secret Wars 2.
    Didn't they de-canonize that story or something? I kinda remember reading that after the original batch of Secret Wars stuff, the Beyonder suffered through a string of retcons to turn him into something other than a powerful entity and a lot of his stories were given goofy explanations, like him visiting a fake Earth or something.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

When he thought he was the clone and Ben was the real guy, he agreed to work with Jackal to murder everyone on the planet and replace them with clones.
    Looks like the clone apple (Ben) didn't fall too far from the tree there.

Quote Originally Posted by blackspidey2099 View Post
    sigh... The 90s smh

The 90's get crapped on a lot (and for good reason in some circumstances), but I would take 90's Marvel over 2017 Marvel without hesitation.

Astonishing Member

Tony was very big on going after anyone and everyone that wasn't blatantly bowing down before him and his team and doing exactly what he said. You were either with Tony in Civil War or you were against him. Previous alliances didn't mean anything to the guy.

Tony was making subtle threats to Peter BEFORE Peter ever decided he wanted out.
    I think the problem is that the scene in the Civil War mini has Peter attacking Tony. The scene in the Amazing Spider-Man issue has Tony attacking Peter.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    i think the bottom right one was a legit submission from jurgens. seems everyone redesign instinct is to enlarge the spider emblem and add more black
    Of course! Black is cool! (And slimming.) That aside, will agree with the one about Peter casually dumping his thought-dead clone in an incinerator. Clones do definitely get the short end of the stick unless they demonstrate they're not evil and they're not gonna turn on the original.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

That's my pick. I remember how shocked, disappointed and disgusted I felt when I read the comic at the time.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

World's Greatest Hero blackspidey2099's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Spider-Man View Post
    The 90's get crapped on a lot (and for good reason in some circumstances), but I would take 90's Marvel over 2017 Marvel without hesitation.
    Really? Having read both eras, I can confidently say I'd pick current Marvel over 90's Marvel any day. At least where Spider-Man is concerned (since I don't really follow too many other titles). Just goes to show how much of a difference opinion can make, lol.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Didn't they de-canonize that story or something? I kinda remember reading that after the original batch of Secret Wars stuff, the Beyonder suffered through a string of retcons to turn him into something other than a powerful entity and a lot of his stories were given goofy explanations, like him visiting a fake Earth or something.
    The story i was mentioning was a tie in to Secret Wars 2,it was from Web of Spider-Man:6 (vol:1)
    And no it did not got de-canonized,maybe you are confusing Beyonder origin that have been changed through the years.
    But a character undergoing retcons is nothing new and does not make the stories that those characters apear to be not canon.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteshark View Post
    The story i was mentioning was a tie in to Secret Wars 2,it was from Web of Spider-Man:6 (vol:1)
    And no it did not got de-canonized,maybe you are confusing Beyonder origin that have been changed through the years. But a character undergoing retcons is nothing new and does not make the stories that those characters apear to be not canon.
    Okay. (I somehow got it lodged in my head that Secret Wars II was retconned as the Beyonder visiting a fake Earth, meaning that everyone he met was not the real versions of the characters. Not sure where I heard that, now that I think about it.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)