Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by superduperman View Post
    This was my favorite Bat-book. Who would like to see it return? Especially with Rucka at the helm?
    While I think Gotham Central was really good, I personally would rather see a return of GCPD or Jim Gordon miniseries, like those collected in the Gordon of Gotham trade.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    While I think Gotham Central was really good, I personally would rather see a return of GCPD or Jim Gordon miniseries, like those collected in the Gordon of Gotham trade.
    Besides, I don't know who DC currently has these days that I would trust to write it.
    (But I avoid the writing of King/Tynion/Snyder/Orlando/Bennett while others seem to embrace it for some unknown reason.)

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Besides, I don't know who DC currently has these days that I would trust to write it.
    (But I avoid the writing of King/Tynion/Snyder/Orlando/Bennett while others seem to embrace it for some unknown reason.)
    I mean, if you don't like a writer, you don't like them (see also: my strong dislike of Tomasi's writing). I don't see why it would have to be one of them - all of them are very busy right now.

Rucka probably wouldn't do it, because Brubaker wouldn't, and he wouldn't want to be burned again. Though Renee is one of the four characters he's said he would write for DC.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    I mean, if you don't like a writer, you don't like them (see also: my strong dislike of Tomasi's writing). I don't see why it would have to be one of them - all of them are very busy right now.
    I only throw those names out because they're the principal Bat-writers these days and would be likely names people might suggest, especially due to a recent familiarity with the Bat/Gotham family.
    And I know peopled say this could be in Bendis' wheel house, but I wouldn't necessarily trust him, either.

I only throw those names out because they're the principal Bat-writers these days and would be likely names people might suggest, especially due to a recent familiarity with the Bat/Gotham family.
    And I know peopled say this could be in Bendis' wheel house, but I wouldn't necessarily trust him, either.
    When Benidis starts writing for DC I imagine he will write a batbook for several reason. With Bendis's track record it makes sense he has been writing a lot street level characters and his most praised works has been with street level characters, for instance Daredevil and Alias. Snyder wrote on twitter he was looking forward to work with Bendis. Now this doesn't of cause mean they will work together in the batuniverse and certainly not Bendis writing a Gotham Central book. However I find Bendis to be the most likely pick. All in all I find the chances DC will do a Gotham Central book to be rather small.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tupiaz View Post
    When Benidis starts writing for DC I imagine he will write a batbook for several reason. With Bendis's track record it makes sense he has been writing a lot street level characters and his most praised works has been with street level characters, for instance Daredevil and Alias. Snyder wrote on twitter he was looking forward to work with Bendis. Now this doesn't of cause mean they will work together in the batuniverse and certainly not Bendis writing a Gotham Central book. However I find Bendis to be the most likely pick. All in all I find the chances DC will do a Gotham Central book to be rather small.
    I will point out that among Bendis's "DC Homework" images he posted, there WAS a Gotham Central trade. This could mean anything of course as he had plenty of different books there, and as far as non-Batman Batbooks go he also had Cass and Kate trades, but still.

Quote Originally Posted by Assam View Post
    I will point out that among Bendis's "DC Homework" images he posted, there WAS a Gotham Central trade. This could mean anything of course as he had plenty of different books there, and as far as non-Batman Batbooks go he also had Cass and Kate trades, but still.
    I already mentioned it on the previous page. Like you said probably nothing as there are a bunch of trades. However interesting none the less. It could of cause also just be teasing to make people speculate.

Maybe Bendis is going to create a book with street-level characters operating in Gotham City that would be similar to the old Outsiders (but I don't know if that name would be used because of Lemire's New52 Green Arrow run).

Quote Originally Posted by adrikito View Post
    I saw Gotham Central book in one image about DC Comics that Bendis is going to read...

Rucka? No, thanks..
    Rucka’s Gotham Central book is superior to both bat-titles quality wise.

Maybe Bendis is going to create a book with street-level characters operating in Gotham City that would be similar to the old Outsiders (but I don't know if that name would be used because of Lemire's New52 Green Arrow run).

Why do you think Bendis would write such a book?

I didn't say he is / he would be.

I just threw that out there as a "maybe" possibility.

BANNED

He has a very long history of writing cop books, all the way back to Sam & Twitch.

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    He has a very long history of writing cop books, all the way back to Sam & Twitch.
    But did he ever write for

Sam and Max: Freelance Police?

Quote Originally Posted by Carabas View Post
    Yeah I know. I have yet to read it though. That is why I find Gotham Central to be a natural choice. However I don't see the outsiders as cop book rather a team of misfits/odd balls my knowledge about them is limited though.

I just wonder if there was any other reason for the speculating in upcoming Outsiders book.

Yeah I know. I have yet to read it though. That is why I find Gotham Central to be a natural choice. However I don't see the outsiders as cop book rather a team of misfits/odd balls my knowledge about them is limited though.

I just wonder if there was any other reason for the speculating in upcoming Outsiders book.
    So, Bendis has never written any street-level masked heroes?

Wasn't he recently writing Defenders for Marvel with Daredevil, Iron Fist, Luke Cage & Jessica Jones?