Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Who's Valerie Vector/Voyager?

Supposedly her name is a big clue. Valeria Victor seems to obvious.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Sometimes the obvious answer is the answer.

I think Voyager is getting set up to be Valerie Richards. Her "secret identity" has a secret identity. It'd fit nicely with Legacy and since we won't be seeing any "events" in the common sense of the word, it'd make sense that she'd show up next in The Avengers, as the flagship book. I really like the "brain trust" approach for The Avengers comic. I'd like to see some other writers added and I think that could really work in the books benefit. Adding Dan Slott and Jason Aaron to the brain trust should be a no brainer.
    Pull list:

Marvel Comics: X-Men, Marauders, Excalibur, New Mutants, X-Force, Fallen Angels and Immortal Hulk

"Humans of the planet Earth. While you slept, the world changed." -Professor X

Just an idea. Don't know if it has any value btw. But couldn't there be two Valeria, if it's her?

I mean : Valerie Vector could be Hickman's Future Val. She could have managed to survive the collapse of the multiverse during SW as she inherited the Council of Reeds HQ in order to build something.

It could fit quite well to explain the "she’s the most important character in the Marvel Universe that you don’t remember" IMHO. Hickman gave her back then the status of a kinda multiversal architect and the readership obviously thinks she's dead or erased.

Also that adult version of Valeria is one of the greatest voyagers of the MU : space, time, space out of space and time out of time... She experienced already as many crossing if frontiers as can be imagined- and, in a way, even more than her brother...

Ok. It's probably only an unresolved plot like there are so many... And I probably simply fantasize once more about Hickman's stories of that era. I want very much that the ending of his SHIELD will be still relevant. (good to write "will" and not "would"). I even still want an explanation about those "Mad Celestials" that made me come back to Marvel years ago...

(Of course seeing Newton in recent books, thinking that SHIELD could be out at the beginning of 2018 and reading those lines in Legacy about the madness of that Celestial don't help me cooling down my fantasies and paranoia... lol...)

Anyway two Vals would be better than one. It worked well in the past and perfectly fits the core of the character. I'm in for an adult version, but I don't want to loose the young one...
    Last edited by Abe; 09-30-2017 at 08:29 AM.

While I wouldn't be surprised if VV's identity ends up being/having a twist, the idea that she is 'some' version of Valeria Richards is interesting. Of course during the Black Swan story in Secret Wars 2, many thought that Swans were some future version of VR too....

But .... what would her 'powers' be? She is without super powers, just this big brain. So how does she insert herself into the original Avengers story? Loki inadvertently gathered the KNOWN heroes of the MU. So how does she get there? Of course I have my own ideas but I haven't seen this expressed yet.

What would Voyager be an Avenger, or person originally called to be one?

Another idea without value I guess. I post it for fun.

I was thinking a bit about what's " legacy" means for Val. The daughter of the Richards family (with a grandfather)... But without power. The daughter of Marvel's First Family - with all that it implies about the legacy of that universe. Ok. Classic. And thanks to the posters on the other thread.

Obviously if she is related to Val she's her vector to take charge of the heritage of the MU. Valerie Vector = Valeria's vector.

Of course she has also the legacy of Victor Von Doom. Her goddaughter - even in a way her god's daughter. And the similaritie between Vector and Victor has been already made.

But I just found funny that the two letters changed in the name also have a meaning.

ValeriA VIctor... A.I. ?

It could also be an artificial intelligence built by Val as a vector of her plans to take care of her legacy of multiverse responsibility...

(a Valbot?...)

(I probably should just consult a shrink sometimes...)
    Last edited by Abe; 09-30-2017 at 05:57 AM.

I Valeria is the prime suspect now, but I don't buy it. This is a big Avengers story, not an FF story. I just don't think it would make sense. I was of the opinion that she was a grown up Kobik until Brevoort kiboshed that idea. Now I'm thinking she might be some version of the Sentry/Void. The V motif fits with Void and the costumes are similar enough. Plus the forgotten history thing is already there. I doubt I'm right, but I just don't like the idea of it being Valeria.

Maybe Bendis creation Eva Bell/Tempus?
    She already has the glowing eye thing and her hair started turning white the first time she used her powers.
    Codename fits too.

Isn't Eva already due to turn up in Defenders?

Quote Originally Posted by billee0918 View Post
    Maybe Bendis creation Eva Bell/Tempus?
    She already has the glowing eye thing and her hair started turning white the first time she used her powers.
    Codename fits too.
    I would hate that so much.

Astonishing Member

If she's related to the eternals then it will be the greates event of all time

BANNED

Avenger X (Cressida)

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Avenger...a)_(Earth-616)

Creators: Mark Waid, Barry Kitson

First Appearance: Avengers Vol 7 #1 (January, 2017)

Who Is AVENGERS: NO SURRENDER's VALERIE VECTOR / VOYAGER? Exploring the Odds (by newsarama)

https://www.newsarama.com/36649-who-...-the-odds.html
    Last edited by CuteClops; 09-30-2017 at 02:42 PM.

Am I imagining things or did Franklin used to have an imaginary friend (patterned on his grandfather) who had a red bandana? The bandana seems like a clue to me.

MXAAGVNIEETRO IS RIGHT MyriVerse's Avatar

Well darn... I guess that means she's not the daughter of Odin and Phoenix.
    f/k/a The Black Guardian
    COEXIST | NOEXIST
    ShadowcatMagikДаякѕтая Sto☈mDustMercury MonetRachelSage
    MagnetoNightcrawlerColossusRockslideBeastXavier

Quote Originally Posted by CuteClops View Post
    Avenger X (Cressida)

http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/Avenger...a)_(Earth-616)

Creators: Mark Waid, Barry Kitson

First Appearance: Avengers Vol 7 #1 (January, 2017)

Who Is AVENGERS: NO SURRENDER's VALERIE VECTOR / VOYAGER? Exploring the Odds (by newsarama)

https://www.newsarama.com/36649-who-...-the-odds.html
    Waid's already forgot about her - Vision called her Cassandra in her last appearance.