Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quote Originally Posted by Colossus1980 View Post
    Do they even want to write 3+ titles a month?

Wilson's Ms. Marvel is a critical darling but it seems that's her only monthly. I'm sure with the output Marvel churns out they would offer her other writing assignments if she wanted it.

To me it's not that Marvel won't give the important titles to women, but it's because they rather do something else besides cape comics.
    I know Thompson can handle 3 books a month. She's been doing it for the better part of the past year or so. While writing both Jem and Hawkeye, she also did A-Force, and after that wrapped up, she had a Misfits mini. And now that she's moved on from Jem, she'll presumably need a new major ongoing project, and I think Invincible Iron Man would be a great place for her.

Wilson seems less able or willing to do two books at once on an ongoing basis. Which is a shame.

As for women wanting to do something other than cape comics, I mean, no, a lot of them love cape comics. A lot of them are capable of writing cape comics and creator-owned comics at the same time. It is true that there are female creators who don't particularly want to do cape comics, but given how the industry treats them, can you blame them? They know they're not going to get any respect in mainstream comics. They know they'll never get to write Captain America or Amazing Spider-Man, outside Annuals and back-ups and the like. They're going to be kept in the sidelines, not given the same opportunities male creators get. So of course they decide to just say "screw that" to the major publishers and make their own opportunities.
    Last edited by Tiamatty; 11-10-2017 at 09:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    Isn't that what Bendis does? Aaron sounds perfect now.
    Quote Originally Posted by kilderkin View Post
    A lot of people might say that about bmb?
    Quote Originally Posted by Mary Jay View Post
    I read the first comment, and was about to answer the exact same thing Triniking answered!
    Well that's wrong then.
    If anything, Bendis was more punishing to his own pet characters. He kills of characters he created like Victoria Hand, he gave Luke Cage a heart attack, his whole Alias run was about **** happening to Jessica Jones,...
    Most people complain about Bendis not caring about establised continuity, but for the most part he doesn't **** on other characters to big up his favorites.

Besides, this isn't about Bendis. This is about the next top writer at Marvel and I really hope it won't be Jason Aaron. Because if you actually thought what I mentioned was a problem with Bendis, then you should be more than aware of it as a problem with Aaron.
    #EmmaWasRight

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    I know Thompson can handle 3 books a month. She's been doing it for the better part of the past year or so. While writing both Jem and Hawkeye, she also did A-Force, and after that wrapped up, she had a Misfits mini. And now that she's moved on from Jem, she'll presumably need a new major ongoing project, and I think Invincible Iron Man would be a great place for her.
    Well, she certainly has a knack for writing snarky characters with terrible dads...

It be kind of funny if she followed up what she did with Madame Masque, because that would be so awkward with Tony .

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    Well that's wrong then.
    If anything, Bendis was more punishing to his own pet characters. He kills of characters he created like Victoria Hand, he gave Luke Cage a heart attack, his whole Alias run was about **** happening to Jessica Jones,...
    Most people complain about Bendis not caring about establised continuity, but for the most part he doesn't **** on other characters to big up his favorites.

Besides, this isn't about Bendis. This is about the next top writer at Marvel and I really hope it won't be Jason Aaron. Because if you actually thought what I mentioned was a problem with Bendis, then you should be more than aware of it as a problem with Aaron.
    You make some good points about how bmb writes imo

I think he can be a bit blindsided by his work in a larger continuity sense imo but it doesn't take away from his skill I feel

Imo I think JA could do the same for marvel

no need to push anyone, cream rises to the top.

Not sure if any of the name writters can move product like BMB anyway.

I don't know about pushing them so much, but I would like to see Ewing, Whitley, the Gages, Wilson, and Grace all given a crack at higher profile titles.

Quote Originally Posted by Anduinel View Post
    I don't know about pushing them so much, but I would like to see Ewing, Whitley, the Gages, Wilson, and Grace all given a crack at higher profile titles.
    It would be interesting to see what happens when you put lower-selling writers, but who generally have pretty good fan opinion behind them, writing the A-list books.

Aaron and Soule natch!

Fantastic Member

They really need to resign Hickman to a exclusive otherwise I would go with Aaron