Why having a Multiverse where within the grand multiverse tokens 'Gwen Stacy' might exist as well as everybody else possible we have seen just from one multiverse earth which is 616 be a problem?
Also in that grand Multiverse some realities/universes/Earths are very similar but there are others vastly different. Alternate realities where Spider-Pig exists and so much more.
Why should we block out the power of imagination that writers can bring forth and furthermore to the fact many Earths that exist in the grand Multiverse are not a pure copy and paste of 616?

What happens to one version of some character holds no merit or influence majority of time to other versions (sometimes an exception might happen where Peter and MJ was fighting the Regent with Iron Man and the 616 versions felt the nostalgia like a radio wave from the Renew Your Vows past storyline which furthermore maybe on some random world the earth version of Gwen Stacy, Peter, and MJ feels a strange link nostalgia as a warning this time to that world's versions from the 616 universe which in turn influences the change saving that Gwen's life of that universe).

If death is the only thing that matters then Peter MUST DIE because that happened on 1610 (plus in the Spider-verse so many dead Peters so take your pick how each of your favorite Peeters has to die based on other versions death) and he has to die protecting those he loves. MJ has to die young from radioactive sperm cancer or other ways as a version of MJ died young because of that.
Uncle Ben must always always be dead...however that also isn't accurate as a few Multiverses have shown him to be alive (including Earth-65 version).

If people hate that June Variant covers where it was simply a fun theme for artists to make for different covers only and when conceived nothing more then how do you feel the MJ June 2017 variants are a shame to 616 as well? WARNING: Multiple characters being shown as the Phoenix is coming up for a variant cover month theme.

Overall there are characters and series I'm not a fan of and that's fine and I'm happy when those fans can love what they read and characters within. I'm not reading means I have the right to end their fun and enjoyment of something harmless in the world of fiction. Who knows since characters can grow and not static (and definitely when a new writer might pop in to be the main writer) I might give another chance based on info in news and fandoms and find I LOVE the character I didn't feel much for before. If that character has other versions by different writers I might love those versions and hate other versions.

I'm a Gwen Stacy majority fan as well as MJ meaning I love majority of made and written Gwens and MJ versions within the Multiverse. I love how potentially different each Gwen could be making each one fascinating in some way. I could make a top ten list of least favorite and most favorite Gwen Stacy versions and other might also do so with different placements and reasons and all thanks to a existing Multiverse and different writers with different ideas and writing styles and takes.

"All these pointless multiple Gwens just makes a mockery of her death IMO"

Personality since that version you are writing about is the 616 version I feel that One More Day has more 'Mockery' of her death then the matter of different versions existing that has no real influence usually on the characters of 616. When the 616 Gwen Stacy version of that world died on 616 it was the catalyst to 616 MJ's growth and development and in time help 616 Peter and MJ heal together and form a love and then marriage. The pain which induced by 616 Gwen's death made 616 Peter and MJ know in it's own way how life and the party ends. The devil took all of that and wiped that away any positive the pain from Gwen's death to their growth and then marriage. Now 616 Gwen's death is a footnote in their history but the people they are now might feel hurt and rage when thinking of her and how she was murdered but the development had been whisked.

Lastly Gwen of 616 died to induce shock to the readers who didn't see it coming which at the time was a big thing. Now it's not as big where somebody like Bruce Banner of Steve Rogers dies we say "See you in three years". Bucky who was one of those whom most thought would be forever dead is now more known as the Winter Soldier than his actual death he had in the past. A girlfreind dies: Fridge.
Plus how at that time the writers couldn't make their version of Gwen and overall the triangle work like they wanted unlike other love triangles/friendships such as Veronica, Betty, and Archie who really are amoung the first staples. They first tried to make her more like MJ but that I feel ruined her and her own possible individuality.
Future writers experimented and looked at possible what didn't work well in the pat with their Gwens and just did better.
Lastly there was a interview where somebody was going to die just to boost sales (same marketing and death tricks apply back then as they do today) and originally it was going to be Aunt May but then it was changed to Gwen.

Today that 'shock' is gone and just in history. The even more important developments and foundations that 616 death help bring up has fallen after OMD and the matter that the characters today are just no longer the same as they were back then from the passage of time and different tales influencing them more to who they are today on 616 even if some love and pain when both think of their 616 Gwen still lingers forever.