Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member

I would pay good money to read Remender on FF.

Extraordinary Member

When he's good, he's one of the best modern comic book creators.

But his stuff sort of failed once he got to the big leagues. Uncanny Avengers had tons of problems, lots of people dislike the endings of Uncanny X-Force and lots of people hated AXIS. Now, as the one person who loved AXIS and think you all should appreciate it for the wonderful thing it is, I think we can all agree that Remender came with certain baggage. He never quite got over the traumatizing death threats and insults lobbed at him for FrankenCastle, a book many of you may remember as being far better than we thought it could be and you had the whole, um, problem with Havok's speech in Uncanny Avengers, a speech that was so polarizing Bendis wrote his own monologue to argue against it in All New X-Men. Given the timing of each, Bendis would have had to have seen Remender's script long before either book was published, which makes me think there was more going on behind the scenes than we know.

Also, Remender did bring us Agent Venom, which was awesome.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    NO...NO and my final answer: NO!!! Remender isn't that good when it came to certain comics like his Captain America and his Uncanny Avengers team. I mean they had plot points that weren't event resolved when he left. So No.
    So...that's a yes from you then? LOL.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by John Ossie View Post
    So...that's a yes from you then? LOL.
    Rants like the fans will give writers are probably why they retreat back to their creator owned work. When they work for Marvel or DC they have to deal with the fans who practically consider themselves part owner of the characters along with the company. Some of their concerns are valid (RE: Bendis and the Scarlet Witch) but it's like they have editorial and the fans desires to balance.

Maybe it's a mistake for writers to get too involved with social media. Arguments started there seldom turn out well.

Extraordinary Member

Again, I think it's fair to point out that Remender has had quite a troubled relationship to social media. It started with FrankenCastle, then there was some negative reactions from just Uncanny X-Force being announced especially when it was apparent that Remender was going to use Fantomex and Deadpool. People were very upset about those two being involved. And then you had the debacle with Havok...

Plus you have the normal stresses of corporate comic books and Marvel's events and it's no wonder Remender wants to step away.